Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Regardless, the overarching narrative with those two (and Jimmy Woo) is a good one; they're trying to solve a mystery and unravel a conspiracy that goes all the way back to the creation of the original Human Torch, which is the most I can say without spoiling the whole thing.
    Hey, I'll take it. An issue featuring three of my favorite characters who I have enormous potential? Oh yeah, bring it!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey, I'll take it. An issue featuring three of my favorite characters who I have enormous potential? Oh yeah, bring it!
    Generally of the same mind. I'm looking forward to seeing what secrets they discover.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Dwayne Taylor, mastermind

he's going to have to change his business cards. I do wish that Roberto Dacosta was part of this. I've always thought that the two should combine forces financially (much like T'challa and Stark did during Geoff Johns' Avengers run). it was good to see Dwayne sort of take point investigation-wise. he brought Woo to Adam. he also seemed to know a lot about Blind Justice. the kid does his homework. [and this is why I thought that he would have made a great Nighthawk]

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Dwayne Taylor, mastermind

he's going to have to change his business cards. I do wish that Roberto Dacosta was part of this. I've always thought that the two should combine forces financially (much like T'challa and Stark did during Geoff Johns' Avengers run). it was good to see Dwayne sort of take point investigation-wise. he brought Woo to Adam. he also seemed to know a lot about Blind Justice. the kid does his homework. [and this is why I thought that he would have made a great Nighthawk]
    Same here. Maybe they still can once he comes back from whatever he's up to in the X-corner of the MU.

If Silhouette has truly moved on (and vice versa) maybe Adam could hook Dwayne up with his daughter. She runs Project Pegasus now.

Sil moved on years ago, when Thrash was dead. Dwayne hasn't even made any attempt to reform the New Warriors.

Speaking of which, Silhouette is in the current arc of Ironheart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sil moved on years ago, when Thrash was dead. Dwayne hasn't even made any attempt to reform the New Warriors.

Still waiting for him to get on that, but I'll gladly read Ironheart (like I wasn't already) to see more Silhouette.

Did they ever reveal who Midnight's Fire was chauffeuring around in Grevioux's run? I'm curious about the new connection to the Ten Rings. Is Dwayne involved in that at all? We doesn't seem to be aligned with the Taylor Foundation any longer. He might still be off the grid because of his unusual legal status.

I know. New costume and everything. I still think that it's ridiculous that they haven't come up with a mystical or tech based fix for her spine. She was already superhuman. She doesn't appear enough to properly represent the disabled community imo.

Ultimate Member

I know. New costume and everything. I still think that it's ridiculous that they haven't come up with a mystical or tech based fix for her spine. She was already superhuman. She doesn't appear enough to properly represent the disabled community imo.
    Eh, certain concessions have to be made to be combat ready, in all fairness.

I hope he can be part of a new Defenders team. Base it in Detroit.

Like they did with Barbara Gordon over in DC?

A lot of fans think that was a major mistake. By healing her so she could become Batgirl again, they not only removed Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) from the role and retconned it so she never was Batgirl, they also removed a disabled character in Oracle, because Babs was cured of her disability.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like they did with Barbara Gordon over in DC?
    i don't follow DC. but even if it were to just allow her full range of movement when enveloped in darkness, i'd be good with it. what even is the point of her new costume? it looks like a recoloured ironheart armor. but it still has the arm braces. why?

A lot of fans think that was a major mistake. By healing her so she could become Batgirl again, they not only removed Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) from the role and retconned it so she never was Batgirl, they also removed a disabled character in Oracle, because Babs was cured of her disability.
    so what? this isn't like they made a gay character straight. Sil did not choose to loose the use of her legs. she wasn't born with that condition (if she were, i wouldn't be asking for the change). it was forced upon her. she isn't representative of this community. she doesn't move around as if there were any damage to her spine. her legs are as shapely as ever/not atrophied. Charles friggin Xavier has regained the ability to walk several times now. Sil is a martial arts instructor for pete's sake.