Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Well that's what happens when a character becomes mediocre.
    Untrue. The writing and the direction went south..way too much Emma and Cyclops..way too much Cable. Nate Grey should of progressed to a cosmic character and been on the Avengers and beyond.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Kid Cable and X-Man are the same kind of character and I'm not sure why we have either one of them.
    Not at all. Nate doesnt have to kill his present self or any of that Askani craziness.

Extraordinary Member

The difference between Cable and X-Man is that Cable is just a lot more fun. You need to indulge in all the X-Man craziness to enjoy him.

X-Man, on the other hand, might be another type of Nate, but he's just less fun. He's not as connected with the outside MU and he's much more niche.

BANNED

Regular Cable has always come with his own convoluted brand of Terminator-esque craziness, tho, as well. I mean, we're just talking shades of the ridiculous here, when it comes to the various iterations of Nathan 'Dayspring' Grey-Summers. Cable, Stryfe, X-Man, Bable, etc., WHATEVER, the mind numbs with his(their) Byzantine backstory(ies), to the point where it can be off-putting to the uninitiated & even those already indoctrinated.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-09-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

If the casual person off the street had to pick between Cable and X-Man, they'd pick Cable. His design is much more iconic and it's obvious that the man is badas.

BANNED

Nate was originally a fun character for years until Ellis made him too weird and now it seems he'll be unusuable after this

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Kid Cable and X-Man are the same kind of character and I'm not sure why we have either one of them.
    Editor: why we don't double down on Cable?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Editor: why we don't double down on Cable?
    How many Nates are running around?

And yeah, Nate is basically done for a bit after this. I like this series so far, the concept is fun, Nate is a genuinely disturbing character right now, but he's gone too far off the edge after this.

And no, suddenly making Apocalypse or Legion the villain isn't going to help.

BANNED

That's absurd..they gave Jean an excuse from Phoenix and Cyclops one too. Who has Nate killed on the same level of Cyclops killing Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    That's absurd..they gave Jean an excuse from Phoenix and Cyclops one too. Who has Nate killed on the same level of Cyclops killing Xavier?
    creating a AU and them mindwiping people on it

Extraordinary Member

He kidnapped people to brainwash them, kidnapped even more people, cause millions in property damage, tried to murder dozens of people, and has now kidnapped said dozens of people and put them in a sexually repressed police state where they're repeatedly kidnapped and mindwiped against their will.

And he did all of this by himself. As far as we know, he isn't being posessed by a cosmic entity like Cyclops was.

Nate is just toying with everyone for his own satisfaction and want to be included.

Think about just how violated you would feel if someone did this to you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    creating a AU and them mindwiping people on it
    We'll see if he's at fault or if they get him out like Jean, Cyclops, and Xavier before him

Extraordinary Member

We'll see if he's at fault or if they get him out like Jean, Cyclops, and Xavier before him
    There's just something so creepy about the no sex thing. I mean, this is something we're going to be joking about for a while. Nate Grey is that guy who outlawed sex. Plus there's a very good chance that this will only get creepier as the books are released.

Again, this isn't evil, this is creepy. So while I'm sure the writers have something up their sleeves to redeem Nate, I'm not sure that's going to help.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    There's just something so creepy about the no sex thing. I mean, this is something we're going to be joking about for a while. Nate Grey is that guy who outlawed sex. Plus there's a very good chance that this will only get creepier as the books are released.

Again, this isn't evil, this is creepy. So while I'm sure the writers have something up their sleeves to redeem Nate, I'm not sure that's going to help.
    He's a Summers..he's Jean's son. He cant be a villain...Stryfe and Hyperstorm are the only ones they will allow to be villains. I'll always believe Marvel botched big time not making Stryfe Nathan Christopher Summers. He's the top Summers villain..not Nate Grey. It's all wrong.

Untrue. The writing and the direction went south..way too much Emma and Cyclops..way too much Cable. Nate Grey should of progressed to a cosmic character and been on the Avengers and beyond.
    Not that it went south, but just that he became uninteresting to write about.

The Avengers wouldn't have helped that.