Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I could really get into some heavy, frenemy friction between them, as it could provide endless entertainment. Poor Kitty'd be pullin' her hair out, while ESN would be laughin' @ & mockin' her. We'd be sure to get some juicy one-liner, put-downs out of it, to say the least.
    I would like that actually, working together but constantly throwing shade back and forth. Although I think you are right I think ESN would think Kitty having no choice but to work with him in spite of how much she hates him would probably be funny to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I liked that Jean said that it was Apocalypse, Genesis, and Kitty Pryde running the movement. It makes me wonder if both Kitty and Apocalypse have memories of the original universe and working together even though they despise each other.
    I think the name drop was done to affirm once again that the X-Men have had their memories tampered with. Maybe some of them might not know Apocalypse's real name, but they would all know Kitty and probably Genesis.

But it also tells us a bit about how the organization is organized. Kitty and Evan are obviously important enough for a name drop, which is sort of surprising since Apocalypse is normally so egotistical that he puts giant A's on his Horsemen. So this says thay this altered Nur is much less egotistical and that Kitty and Evan are very important.

I'm trying to figure out Evan here. We haven't seen him on a lot of the covers and he's not in a lot of the team shots. However, we know that the lead writing team wanted him on this team from the beginning and we know that he's described as Apocalypse's protege. Evan and Apocalypse have never really met and they didn't interact during Dissemble. It seems to me like X-Man probably put them together because he didn't like the idea of two Apocalypses running around.
    HA, you so clevAH! 8D

And thank the comiX godZ & godeZesseZ for AoXM, as it looks like Uncanny continues to UNimpress:

... at least in comparison.

Alpha did well digitally, as well:

... bless you, T'n'N.
    Seems like Uncanny is a lot more controversial, especially because of all the angst. It is just the most depressing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Editorial has banked like 6 months of needed revenues on their ideas already. I say barring a total flop of this alternate reality story, they will have a book. I think we will need to look to Uncanny to see Jean though.
    Yeah, I'm imagining they're gonna have something, but beyond that, I'm really hoping they'll get a main X-Men team book, not just some sort of side-team or solo. I guess that them being the creators of Age of X-Man shows that the editors have faith in them, but it could also be like, they're only giving something this big to them cause it's an AU, and to handle the main important stuff on the franchise they have someone else(besides Rosenberg) in mind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I hope Zac and Lonnie are getting one of the main books after the inevitable relaunch that's coming after this. And hopefully that'll be the one with Jean.
    Same, I think they're the saviors we've been waitin' for. Their creativeness combined with their handle on the characters, is like a breath of fresh air, and somethin' to be truly eXcited about. They could be our shepherds to wonder, once again, leading us into a new golden age for the X-men. Alpha & Marvelous have restored my faith in the franchise, and that all is not lost, but just beginning.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I would like that actually, working together but constantly throwing shade back and forth. Although I think you are right I think ESN would think Kitty having no choice but to work with him in spite of how much she hates him would probably be funny to him.
    Oh, without a doubt, he would absolutely RELISH the opportunity to regularly sling mud at her. We fans sure would get a kick out of it, too. Good times, GOOD times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    ... Seems like Uncanny is a lot more controversial, especially because of all the angst. It is just the most depressing issue.
    Have heard/seen some rumblings, and considerin' the leads, am not surprised an overdose of morose is involved.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-06-2019 at 08:10 PM.

BANNED

This article has some quick bits about the characters. Given some of the posts in this thread, the text about Ororo is of note.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63310396

Same, I think they're the saviors we've been waitin' for. Their creativeness combined with their handle on the characters, is like a breath of fresh air, and somethin' to be truly eXcited about. They could be our shepherds to wonder, once again, leading us into a new golden age for the X-men. Alpha & Marvelous have restored my faith in the franchise, and that all is not lost, but just beginning.
    I'm enjoying the hell out of AoXM so far, but let's not fall into this trap again. Each time we get a half-decent writer coming in, we hail them as the next savior of the franchise and build ourselves up for disappointment. We did it with Lemire, Bunn, Rosenberg, etc.

Alpha and Marvelous have been good. Very good. But they're also part of an AU that I suspect comes with certain creative freedoms. Nadler and Thompson's short Cable run, for example, seems to be regarded as middling work.

Might be safer to just enjoy the event and speculate about our new X-Saviors when the after-event solits hit is all I'm saying.

BANNED

I thoroughly enjoyed their Hope/Jean/Deadpool story. I like what I have from the two of them so far.

BANNED

This article has some quick bits about the characters. Given some of the posts in this thread, the text about Ororo is of note.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=63310396
    Hmm, purposeful power dampening. Nate, you cur.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm enjoying the hell out of AoXM so far, but let's not fall into this trap again. Each time we get a half-decent writer coming in, we hail them as the next savior of the franchise and build ourselves up for disappointment. We did it with Lemire, Bunn, Rosenberg, etc.

Alpha and Marvelous have been good. Very good. But they're also part of an AU that I suspect comes with certain creative freedoms. Nadler and Thompson's short Cable run, for example, seems to be regarded as middling work.

Might be safer to just enjoy the event and speculate about our new X-Saviors when the after-event solits hit is all I'm saying.
    LEMIRE?! I must've missed that. Will admit tho, I was pretty high on both Bunn & Rosenberg. Still like 'em even, TBH. But T'n'N feel different, more instinctive & inventive, like passionate visionaries should be. My gut's tellin' me right now that they're meant to be, that they're the ones, and a natural fit. AoXM has been practically magical, IMO. And I think their Cable run was better received than as just being middling, IIRC. But yes, there's little doubt that jumpin' the gun, has got us shot in the face before. Can't help it with these guys, tho, they've really gotten me fired-up about the future of Marvel's Mutants again.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-06-2019 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

Bunn is good. He was just very, very restricted.

I thought this was rather boing, and it left me not particularly invested in any of these warped versions of these characters. Apocalypse preaching love was the biggest hook here imo.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-06-2019 at 09:40 PM.

BANNED

HA, you so clevAH! 8D

And thank the comiX godZ & godeZesseZ for AoXM, as it looks like Uncanny continues to UNimpress:

... at least in comparison.

Alpha did well digitally, as well:

... bless you, T'n'N.
    I am disappointed with both of these issues.

Bunn is good. He was just very, very restricted.
    Bunn was getting dogwalked. Now he's free.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I love just how melodramatic she is. Just imagine how awful it would be to hear screaming trees all the time lol
    It made me remembere the comics of Freshmen, when one of the main characters who was vegan, got the power to hear and communicate with all plant forms. Poor guy couldn't eat anything because he could hear the vegetables screams and begs.