Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Not that it went south, but just that he became uninteresting to write about.

The Avengers wouldn't have helped that.
    There is no uninteresting X characters..just bad creative...no one screamed for years of Emma and Scott to being the books diwn..no one demanded Jean Grey go away for over 10 years so they could push their blonde Emma agenda...no one asked for "Gabby" or "Evan"...a blonde Summers saying "Im not a mutant. I'm just Alex"(who the hell wanted to read about that)...a character that carried a book for 6 years is way more interesting than any of those horrible tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Kid Cable and X-Man are the same kind of character and I'm not sure why we have either one of them.
    Kid Cable and Nate are nothing alike. In the 6 months since they've been around, they havent been written alike or even played similar roles. The similarities are strictly superficial at this point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kid Cable and Nate are nothing alike. In the 6 months since they've been around, they havent been written alike or even played similar roles. The similarities are strictly superficial at this point
    They are slightly more differentiated than Mr. and Mrs. Sinister. Same type of character. If Kid Cable used life seeds to change reality instead of guns and time knowledge they'd be more alike than the Sinisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    They are slightly more differentiated than Mr. and Mrs. Sinister. Same type of character. If Kid Cable used life seeds to change reality instead of guns and time knowledge they'd be more alike than the Sinisters.
    Same type how? Kid Cable is a brash kid from the future that came back to play time cop and uses lethal methods to do so. Nate Grey is nothing like that. He's dying and set out to do good in a misguided attempted that went horribly wrong. They're personalities are compleltly different as well. They arent functionally similar in any way and you cant swap Kid Cable out for Nate in the two stories that they've been in in the same way you can for the Sinisters in many of their recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    There is no uninteresting X characters..just bad creative...no one screamed for years of Emma and Scott to being the books diwn..no one demanded Jean Grey go away for over 10 years so they could push their blonde Emma agenda...no one asked for "Gabby" or "Evan"...a blonde Summers saying "Im not a mutant. I'm just Alex"(who the hell wanted to read about that)...a character that carried a book for 6 years is way more interesting than any of those horrible tropes.
    His six year solo didn't save him from limbo.

You can hate it all you want, but that's what it is. No one wanted to write about him. He became redundant.

You can hate it all you want, but that's what it is. No one wanted to write about him. He became redundant.
    The last issue of his solo was a very good issue to end with. There also was the danger that restoring him to life would make the earth vunerable to an attack.

Lets also not forget that stuff like "no one wanted to write him" or other claims are very hard to substantsiate.

BANNED

Just because "no one asked for" something doesn't mean it can't be well-received when we got it (well...except for Call Me Alex. That's been pretty universally reviled). I received plenty of Christmas gifts as a kid that I didn't ask for, and ended up enjoying more than the stuff that was actually on my list.

Call Me Alex was one of the best tracks of that year. But it only slaps if you play the explicit "M-Word" version.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Limbo? Who's fault is that? Bad creative. This board loves Gambit and he hadnt mattered in Uncanny X Men for most of the 2000s.

I guess no one wanted to write Jean Grey for 14 years and it was really just because Emma was the superior X female, huh? Lol. That's not limbo. Thats burying somebody.
    Last edited by MichelleDiMera; 02-10-2019 at 03:28 PM.

BANNED

Thats burying somebody.
    Well I mean what else do you do with a corpse?

BANNED

His six year solo didn't save him from limbo. ...
    Has Gramps Cable ever been limbo'd? Oh wait, yeah... he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well I mean what else do you do with a corpse?
    X-hume it, of course. When it comes to Mutants, death's just a revolving door:

... 'cause you're an X-man, you dolt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    X-hume it, of course. When it comes to Mutants, death's just a revolving door:
    Only if you were created before the Clinton Administration.

Has Gramps Cable ever been limbo'd? Oh wait, yeah... he is now.
    He'll be back by mid summer. Cable is cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Only if you were created before the Clinton Administration.
    Well, yes...

... iconography comes with its perks.

He'll be back by mid summer. Cable is cool.
    As a cucumber.

Well, yes...

... iconography comes with its perks.
    Too bad staying out of character limbo isn’t one of them.