Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly though, we've seen indications that Nate is keeping people's power level in check so that things don't get out of control and ruin his "perfect" world. Not terribly surprising and if anything is MEANT to rile people up and question things.
    Yeah, I also suspects that Nate could affect the others' powers for his own benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    spoilers:
    Gonna be real with you, chief, I was going to reply to Maestroneto that, if Nature Girl didn't fit his type, would at least fit his preferred age group. But it seemed to crude at the moment.
    end of spoilers
    lol now we know the truth, Kitty joined Apocalypse in AoXM because Colossus totally creeped on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, I also suspects that Nate could affect the others' powers for his own benefit.
    He does have a savior complex going. He is probably also worried about Telepaths like Jean and Betsy getting out of his control. If both them turned on him and joined Apocalypse it would probably drive him absolutely nuts.

I like the Apocalypse and the X-tracts tie-in. Like that this will be more of a crossover and less so like seperate minis. Gives the sense that they are connected in the same world more so that I thoguht we'd see

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really enjoyed this. Especially enjoyed the solid teamwork displayed here, with everyone pitching in to help, even if X-Man had some of the bigger moments. Felt bad for X-23, but now we know why Gabby is locked away. Looking forward to the next issue.

Also, love that Nature Girl wanted to keep that bear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I like the Apocalypse and the X-tracts tie-in. Like that this will be more of a crossover and less so like seperate minis. Gives the sense that they are connected in the same world more so that I thoguht we'd see
    Yeah, it's a thing that I'm liking about this event since Alpha. Everything seems connected.

Extraordinary Member

My question is still why Nate can't control Apocalypse. If he was really just being allowed by Nate to exist as a threat, then why wouldn't Nate make him more monstrous? Especially since it's not like Nate likes Apocalypse that much.

BANNED

Apocalypse could be either a "bug in the Matrix" or something set up by Nate himself. Maybe he's too much of wild card to have any actual control exerted over him or Nate keeps him as an antagonist for his team and to keep their minds busy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Apocalypse could be either a "bug in the Matrix" or something set up by Nate himself. Maybe he's too much of wild card to have any actual control exerted over him or Nate keeps him as an antagonist for his team and to keep their minds busy.
    Yea, I like the bug in the system theory. I still expect to see Legion held prisoner somewhere to keep the world intact.

Really enjoyed this issue.
    >The art and writing were on point.
    >X-23 feeling useless in a situation where SNIKTSTAB isn't an option made me laugh... then I felt horrible for her remembering Gabby. I was glad her tactical thinking came into play to save the pods.
    >The constant loud speaker reminders that separation is perfection and emotion is bad were perfectly done. So creepy and perfect for the purposes of indoctrination and ensuring continued subservience.
    >Raised from conception in pods, eh? Why do I feel like Beast is in a basement somewhere concocting these kids from genetic samples just like Dark Beast was in AoA?
    >Nature Girl's bear? Too cute... but I can see it turning feral once X-Jesus's control breaks. Getting killed by her own bear would be darkly appropriate and a metaphor for the whole false tameness of the AoXM.
    >Asking Jean about the time when people used to have sex. I laughed! And Jean being the one to get Apoc's telepathic flyer message makes sense considering her telepathy [duh] and her own history of dirty sexy time infractions.
    >I'm looking forward to the rest of this miniseries and to see how it interconnects with the others I'm reading. Hopefully it'll be just as interconnected as AoA was, especially at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The authors have already told (and it was clear in the page you mentioned the Storm quote) that the X-men don't fight quite often in this reality. They don't have to. They live in peace, in an Utopia. Nate doesn't allow villains to exist, I imagine. So, if they don't fight, they get rusty. That's why Storm seemed purposely weak and Magneto and Kurt even improved the argument with their lines.
    Your favorite character is in function of the story, not the other way around.
    I can't thank you enough for seeing common sense and reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

I liked this a lot, it even made me like Nature Girl

I was expecting something as good as Age o X-man: Alpha.
    It was just ok.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The autors have already told (and it was clear in the page you mentioned the Storm quote) that the X-men don't fight quite often in this reality. They don't have to. They live in peace, in an Utopia. Nate doesn't allow villians to exist, I imagine. So, if they don't fight, they get rusty. That's why Storm seemed purposely weak and Magneto and Kurt even improved the argument with their lines.

Your favorite character is in function of the story, not the other way around.
    how does getting rusty impact her being immune to the elements? why on earth would she feel cold from the rain? what does living in peace have to do with creating a rainstorm and creating a large amount wind to blow away smoke? ororo seemed to be the only mutant that had such issues. I didnt see nature girl having a problem with communicating with the animals or nightcrawler having issues with teleporting. it seems to me it more lazy writing versus whatever excuse these writers came up with.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how does getting rusty impact her being immune to the elements? why on earth would she feel cold from the rain? what does living in peace have to do with creating a rainstorm and creating a large amount wind to blow away smoke? ororo seemed to be the only mutant that had such issues. I didnt see nature girl having a problem with communicating with the animals or nightcrawler having issues with teleporting. it seems to me it more lazy writing versus whatever excuse these writers came up with.
    X-Man in control of Legions body via the life seed makes him a god who can most likely make anyone feel anything in this fantasy world he created.

Grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    One would think that making a big rain to put out an enourmous fire is a bigger task than telleporting or talking to some animals. Maybe that's because Ororo had problem?! This just shows how big are her powers and very difficult to master. And if you are so upset because she felt cold after a big effort, go read another story. In X-men, characters have limits, they are not all powerfull.