Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

There was a time in the early 2000s when it was implied that Logan's healing factor actually erased the most painfull memories of his brain to help him cope better with the trauma, but that was ignored after House of M.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

It could be argued that it's a different type of memory loss since Logan's amnesia was caused by a combination of drugs, trauma, and brain damage while this is just caused by Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It could be argued that it's a different type of memory loss since Logan's amnesia was caused by a combination of drugs, trauma, and brain damage while this is just caused by Nate.
    Yes its telepathy. The Howlett's healing factor heals physical injuries, not mental manipulation. There's nothing to "heal" here. Physically Laura is fine and here are no injuries that her body would repair as Nate hasnt done any damage to her.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't this a little bit more than telepathy? Nate is likely using a combination of his own telepathy, along with Legion's reality warping and the creation aspects of the Life Seed.

If this was just telepathy, this would have been done already.

BANNED

Laura is probably remembering things because she has a healing factor and it's her brain sort of repairing itself. Plus Laura being around all those pod babies was triggering. She sort of is Gabby's mom...sort of...I mean, you know how big sisters are.

Good catch about Monet and Beast! Makes you wonder how many X-Men Nate has already cycled through?

Fungus the bear is beautiful and must be protected at all cost.

You know, when you think about Apocalypse's real name, En Sabah Nur basically just means "good morning." For such a scary guy, it's a very pretty name. I mean, Nur is even a girl's name. So him using his real name is sort of funny since it already sounds like something a hippie would call themselves.

My guess is that Kitty, Apocalypse and Evan are the faces of the organization while Eye Boy, Unveil, and Dazzler are behind the scenes. It's not a bad way to do things when you consider that Kitty's powers let her escape from pretty much anything and Apocalypse and Evan probably have some level of immunity against Nate.
    I figured her healing factor may give her some resistance, and as you say, she had a very specific trigger that brought on a flashback- I suspect the same may happen with others, probably more and more so with the Resistance and such keeping X-Man occupied.

I hate to think. I suspect Forge, Polaris and Dani Moonstar, either from their memories returning or for engaging in forbidden love, as we know they're detained in the Danger Room over in Prisoner X.

Yesss. I tweeted at Thompson/Nadler about protecting Fungus and they both liked my tweet.

Yeah it's kinda ironic that he's such a peacekeeper here. I wonder if that will change him at all beyond the event.

That makes sense. Kitty, Poccy and Gen being the public figures whilst they employ other mutants to achieve their goals

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I figured her healing factor may give her some resistance, and as you say, she had a very specific trigger that brought on a flashback- I suspect the same may happen with others, probably more and more so with the Resistance and such keeping X-Man occupied.

I hate to think. I suspect Forge, Polaris and Dani Moonstar, either from their memories returning or for engaging in forbidden love, as we know they're detained in the Danger Room over in Prisoner X.

Yesss. I tweeted at Thompson/Nadler about protecting Fungus and they both liked my tweet.

Yeah it's kinda ironic that he's such a peacekeeper here. I wonder if that will change him at all beyond the event.

That makes sense. Kitty, Poccy and Gen being the public figures whilst they employ other mutants to achieve their goals
    Yeah, I'm guessing it was definitely the babies that did it with some assist from her healing factor. It does make your wonder what triggers the other X-Men will have, especially if Scott shows up or if they meet Apocalypse's team. I don't know why, but I am so excited for Logan to meet Gabby lol

I think Dani is a figment of Nate's mind there to spy on people. She's in the War of the Realms and she's not on the connecting cover. I think Gabby is in the prison more to keep her away from Laura.

May Fungus be protected.

I am interested in what's the plan with Apocalypse here. Is he the endgame villain? Is he going to try and take over Genesis?

Isn't this a little bit more than telepathy? Nate is likely using a combination of his own telepathy, along with Legion's reality warping and the creation aspects of the Life Seed.

If this was just telepathy, this would have been done already.
    That doesn’t strengthen your point and in fact weakens it. Nate’s powers have been amplified due to the Life Seed but it’s still TP. The reality warping around them can be attributed to Legion
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-07-2019 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

Yeah, I'm guessing it was definitely the babies that did it with some assist from her healing factor. It does make your wonder what triggers the other X-Men will have, especially if Scott shows up or if they meet Apocalypse's team. I don't know why, but I am so excited for Logan to meet Gabby lol

I think Dani is a figment of Nate's mind there to spy on people. She's in the War of the Realms and she's not on the connecting cover. I think Gabby is in the prison more to keep her away from Laura.

May Fungus be protected.

I am interested in what's the plan with Apocalypse here. Is he the endgame villain? Is he going to try and take over Genesis?
    Exactly my point. A number of the X-Men still have friends and family back in 616 so if they begin to remember them it might be the catalyst for X-Mans downfall. I don't think Scott and the others will enter the Age of X-Man- my suspicion is that those in AoXM will get their memories back and somebody will find a way to get them home. Ooh yeah Logan and Gabby are probably gonna meet this year- that excites me and I barely like Wolverine.

It's fully possible that she was planted there, either by X-Man or whoever is running the Danger Room (Danger herself perhaps if she's in AoXM). Being a 'piece' of Nate makes sense given his relationship with her back in New Mutants, but if that were the case then I'd be expecting an AoXM version of Madelyne. And yes that's why I didn't mention Gabby, she's definetly detained to keep the sisters apart.

And so begins the petition for a Nature Girl and Fungus X-Book (just kidding- kind of. That bear won me over okay?)

I think at this stage he just wants to overthrow X-Man and his regime. Beyond that remains to be seen

BANNED

... My guess is that Kitty, Apocalypse and Evan are the faces of the organization while Eye Boy, Unveil, and Dazzler are behind the scenes. ...
    Or they haven't been recruited yet.

BANNED

Since Seeley described Kitty as mutant Patty Hearst, my theory is that she was once an X-Man, got taken hostage by Pookie and switched sides because she was no longer in Nate's sphere of influence, who then mindwiped the other X-Men of her existence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Or they haven't been recruited yet.
    Excellent point, but this would imply that not only have Evan and Kitty been with him the longest, it would also imply that Apocalypse has been working very quickly to set this all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Since Seeley described Kitty as mutant Patty Hearst, my theory is that she was once an X-Man, got taken hostage by Pookie and switched sides because she was no longer in Nate's sphere of influence, who then mindwiped the other X-Men of her existence.
    This is an excellent theory and one which would explain why Kitty would take to his side so quickly. It wold explain the Patty Hearst angle and why Apocalypse is targeting Jean.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/...81297111875592

Maestroneto found this and...well, it makes a hell of a lot of sense.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really, really, really like Age of X-Man so far. As an AU, it has some really strong core ideas. The idea that in-group thinking (nationalism, nepotism, bigotry, etc) is the cause of all strife and the decision to just get rid of groups as a whole is a good high-level concept.
    This is so good I love it I love it I love it. It doesn't feel dumb or superficial, and the AU is appealing and fun, and I want to spend a lot more time reading about it.

I hope the other minis maintain the same level of quality.

Extraordinary Member

We joke, but I'm shocked at how well all the sex and relationship stuff is being done.

ha, this is a nice surprise.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-09-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote