Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Moon Knight vs. Taskmaster

There is a full moon out at night in New York. Moon Knight and Taskmaster battle in a random encounter starting 150 feet apart on street level. Who comes out on top?

Does Moony even have Moon-based superpowers these days? Cos if not, he’s getting his ass kicked here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does Moony even have Moon-based superpowers these days?
    As far as I'm aware no, he doesn't.

Cos if not, he’s getting his ass kicked here.
    Nope. Moon Knight would beat him the same way he did before. He'd take everything Task threw at him and keep coming until Task broke down and started begging for mercy, just like last time. Moon Knight's real power is that he never gives up.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Nope. Moon Knight would beat him the same way he did before. He'd take everything Task threw at him and keep coming until Task broke down and started begging for mercy, just like last time. Moon Knight's real power is that he never gives up.
    Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap.... unless they’ve persisted with giving Moony bullet-timing feats. I now recall someone mentioning he had one, but I don’t know whether that’s become a thing or it remains just a massive outlier.

Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap.... unless they’ve persisted with giving Moony bullet-timing feats. I now recall someone mentioning he had one, but I don’t know whether that’s become a thing or it remains just a massive outlier.
    I believe Taskmaster got his BT status revoked. With that being said I still favor him over Moon Knight in a fight. Moon Knight oinking him like he did was pure bs IMO. Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something! I’m reading his current series. Let’s see if he gets his powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I believe Taskmaster got his BT status revoked. With that being said I still favor him over Moon Knight in a fight. Moon Knight oinking him like he did was pure bs IMO. Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something! I’m reading his current series. Let’s see if he gets his powers back.
    Oh, I wasn’t putting Tasky down as a bullet-timer, but he’s CBPH (possibly CBPH+ When double-timing). Moony, random BT-outliers aside, isn’t. He’s in that sort of Classic Black Widow category.

So Tasky is pretty comfortably better and faster.

Oh, I wasn’t putting Tasky down as a bullet-timer, but he’s CBPH (possibly CBPH+ When double-timing). Moony, random BT-outliers aside, isn’t. He’s in that sort of Classic Black Widow category.

So Tasky is pretty comfortably better and faster.
    Sorry I misunderstood. I blame it on the rum lol.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Tasky is kind of up and down on whole bullet-time thing. As of the last time this came up, I think he has three different feats.

1. His deflection of bullets using chains or something in the standard comics.
    2. His catching of a bullet in his mini-series.
    3. His double-time business in his miniseries, which people have used to claim 'he's a bullet-timer from the bullet-catch, with double-time he's even faster'.

The first one I can't speak to, I don't recall it clearly. It happens once.

The second one happens under identical circumstances to a bullet-catch he watched, which he is mimicking. Ie, there's the potential for argument regarding it really being bullet-timing, especially since this very comic presents the idea that he can mimic speed to SOME extent if he studies it. Ergo, he studies someone doing a single bullet-catch, and he can kind-of-sort-of mimic that for the catch itself.

The third one...while double-timing, he gets shot. The shooters are perfectly normal security guards who don't seem to have trouble tracking him and shooting at him - he has to, in fact, take cover at one point, hiding behind a wall. It's not exactly a good presentation of the kind of speed bullet-timers usually enjoy.

I wouldn't have a problem with people putting him into the 'Ringer-For-Speed' area based on his double timing and so forth. Even then, the double-timing is a one-off he hasn't replicated, so there are arguments against that as well. But bullet-timer? Not for me.

Of course, it's very possible that he has further feats these days; I haven't kept up. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Tasky is kind of up and down on whole bullet-time thing. As of the last time this came up, I think he has three different feats.

1. His deflection of bullets using chains or something in the standard comics.
    2. His catching of a bullet in his mini-series.
    3. His double-time business in his miniseries, which people have used to claim 'he's a bullet-timer from the bullet-catch, with double-time he's even faster'.

The first one I can't speak to, I don't recall it clearly. It happens once.

The second one happens under identical circumstances to a bullet-catch he watched, which he is mimicking. Ie, there's the potential for argument regarding it really being bullet-timing, especially since this very comic presents the idea that he can mimic speed to SOME extent if he studies it. Ergo, he studies someone doing a single bullet-catch, and he can kind-of-sort-of mimic that for the catch itself.

The third one...while double-timing, he gets shot. The shooters are perfectly normal security guards who don't seem to have trouble tracking him and shooting at him - he has to, in fact, take cover at one point, hiding behind a wall. It's not exactly a good presentation of the kind of speed bullet-timers usually enjoy.

I wouldn't have a problem with people putting him into the 'Ringer-For-Speed' area based on his double timing and so forth. Even then, the double-timing is a one-off he hasn't replicated, so there are arguments against that as well. But bullet-timer? Not for me.

Of course, it's very possible that he has further feats these days; I haven't kept up. ^_^
    You nailed it dude.

Incredible Member

Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap....
    No offence but that sure doesn't seem the case here:

http://panels-of-interest.tumblr.com...om-moon-knight

Moon Knight: In the end it's never about what you think it is. Never about speed, or slick moves, or reflexes that make you the best fighter ever. It's all about what you can take. In the end they all beg for mercy.

Taskmaster: Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Make it stop, please.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron
    Which Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something!
    Heck yes!

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron
    Let’s see if he gets his powers back.
    Personally I prefer him without them.

As far as I'm aware no, he doesn't.

Oh that's just "The hero wins because he's the hero". As others have said, it doesn't stand up to the considerable degree to which Task Master has superior abilities.
    Power with Girl is better.

No offence but that sure doesn't seem the case here:

http://panels-of-interest.tumblr.com...om-moon-knight

Moon Knight: In the end it's never about what you think it is. Never about speed, or slick moves, or reflexes that make you the best fighter ever. It's all about what you can take. In the end they all beg for mercy.

Taskmaster: Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Make it stop, please.

Heck yes!

Personally I prefer him without them.
    "Because it happened in a comic" is not an argument by itself on Rumbles unless there are feats to support such an outcome. Otherwise Deathstroke can beat the Flash

Also what's up with Taskmaster's collapse from fear or something there? Is that some sort of psychic fear aura or something cause that might actually help Moon Knight here, if he has powers like that.

Otherwise the guy that faces down the Avengers as his big introduction getting scared by a street leveller is just ridiculous

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    "Because it happened in a comic" is not an argument by itself on Rumbles unless there are feats to support such an outcome. Otherwise Deathstroke can beat the Flash
    True, but Moon Knight has plenty of such feats.

Also what's up with Taskmaster's collapse from fear or something there? Is that some sort of psychic fear aura or something cause that might actually help Moon Knight here, if he has powers like that.
    LOL! Nope. Taskmaster was just terrified because Moon Knight had taken three crossbow bolts and kept coming. Moon Knight is one scary dude.

Otherwise the guy that faces down the Avengers as his big introduction getting scared by a street leveller is just ridiculous
    Not really. The Avengers are basically your standard "goody-goody" heroes. They won't kill or maim anyone and everybody knows this. Moon Knight... when he's coming for you, you don't know that.

It's like how in DC, supervillains aren't scared of Superman, Wonder Woman etc. but they get scared of that guy, can't remember his name, the one who's a bit like Moon Knight but not as good. Basic psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy
    Oh that's just "The hero wins because he's the hero".
    Beg your pardon but nope. That's "the hero wins because his will and spirit are stronger." Sound common sense.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-08-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Taskmaster spends a huge chunk of his career getting into fights with people who want to kill him and often have enhanced capabilities as regards killing him, so that's an.. interesting line of reasoning for why Moon Knight should scare him.

True, but Moon Knight has plenty of such feats.

LOL! Nope. Taskmaster was just terrified because Moon Knight had taken three crossbow bolts and kept coming. Moon Knight is one scary dude.

Not really. The Avengers are basically your standard "goody-goody" heroes. They won't kill or maim anyone and everybody knows this. Moon Knight... when he's coming for you, you don't know that.

It's like how in DC, supervillains aren't scared of Superman, Wonder Woman etc. but they get scared of that guy, can't remember his name, the one who's a bit like Moon Knight but not as good. Basic psychology.

Beg your pardon but nope. That's "the hero wins because his will and spirit are stronger." Sound common sense.
    That's dramatic license so that the hero always wins and trying to apply it to battle debates would result in it's useless to have hero vs villain debates because the hero would always win. So we apply a standard based on the consistent abilities of the characters, not on "The writer had the villain who is always brave suddenly panic in fear just because the hero didn't drop." I mean seriously? Would Task Master expect three crossbow bolts to drop Captain America? Would he panic if they didn't? It has been pointed out that Task Master has many times gone against opponents who would be willing to kill him.

It sounds to me like standard dramatic license (or P.I.S. as we call it) to have the hero win a fight when he is really outclassed.
    Power with Girl is better.