Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Amazing Member

Default Moon Knight vs. Taskmaster

There is a full moon out at night in New York. Moon Knight and Taskmaster battle in a random encounter starting 150 feet apart on street level. Who comes out on top?

Does Moony even have Moon-based superpowers these days? Cos if not, he’s getting his ass kicked here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does Moony even have Moon-based superpowers these days?
    As far as I'm aware no, he doesn't.

Cos if not, he’s getting his ass kicked here.
    Nope. Moon Knight would beat him the same way he did before. He'd take everything Task threw at him and keep coming until Task broke down and started begging for mercy, just like last time. Moon Knight's real power is that he never gives up.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Nope. Moon Knight would beat him the same way he did before. He'd take everything Task threw at him and keep coming until Task broke down and started begging for mercy, just like last time. Moon Knight's real power is that he never gives up.
    Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap.... unless they’ve persisted with giving Moony bullet-timing feats. I now recall someone mentioning he had one, but I don’t know whether that’s become a thing or it remains just a massive outlier.

Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap.... unless they’ve persisted with giving Moony bullet-timing feats. I now recall someone mentioning he had one, but I don’t know whether that’s become a thing or it remains just a massive outlier.
    I believe Taskmaster got his BT status revoked. With that being said I still favor him over Moon Knight in a fight. Moon Knight oinking him like he did was pure bs IMO. Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something! I’m reading his current series. Let’s see if he gets his powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I believe Taskmaster got his BT status revoked. With that being said I still favor him over Moon Knight in a fight. Moon Knight oinking him like he did was pure bs IMO. Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something! I’m reading his current series. Let’s see if he gets his powers back.
    Oh, I wasn’t putting Tasky down as a bullet-timer, but he’s CBPH (possibly CBPH+ When double-timing). Moony, random BT-outliers aside, isn’t. He’s in that sort of Classic Black Widow category.

So Tasky is pretty comfortably better and faster.

Incredible Member

Which on Rumbles, while impressive in terms of damage soak, means nothing compared to the significant skill and speed gap....
    No offence but that sure doesn't seem the case here:

http://panels-of-interest.tumblr.com...om-moon-knight

Moon Knight: In the end it's never about what you think it is. Never about speed, or slick moves, or reflexes that make you the best fighter ever. It's all about what you can take. In the end they all beg for mercy.

Taskmaster: Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Make it stop, please.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron
    Which Moon Knight is legit though. Give me a video game or something!
    Heck yes!

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron
    Let’s see if he gets his powers back.
    Personally I prefer him without them.

No offence but that sure doesn't seem the case here:

http://panels-of-interest.tumblr.com...om-moon-knight

Moon Knight: In the end it's never about what you think it is. Never about speed, or slick moves, or reflexes that make you the best fighter ever. It's all about what you can take. In the end they all beg for mercy.

Taskmaster: Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Make it stop, please.

Heck yes!

Personally I prefer him without them.
    "Because it happened in a comic" is not an argument by itself on Rumbles unless there are feats to support such an outcome. Otherwise Deathstroke can beat the Flash

Also what's up with Taskmaster's collapse from fear or something there? Is that some sort of psychic fear aura or something cause that might actually help Moon Knight here, if he has powers like that.

Otherwise the guy that faces down the Avengers as his big introduction getting scared by a street leveller is just ridiculous

As far as I'm aware no, he doesn't.

Oh that's just "The hero wins because he's the hero". As others have said, it doesn't stand up to the considerable degree to which Task Master has superior abilities.
    Power with Girl is better.