Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, by and large. Nate is indeed a tragic figure at this point, but a tragic figure who desperately needs to be stopped --- and more importantly, to get some damned help for his trauma and pain that doesn't involve him playing messiah. Hmm, if the Marvel psych ward was still around . . .
    I loved Marvel Psych Ward! It was a lot of fun! And some of this might be helped if he had gotten more help, so he's got a valid point there.

But I still don't think he deserves to get off light here.

I demand blood!

Also, where the hell did he get a Life Seed?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I loved Marvel Psych Ward! It was a lot of fun! And some of this might be helped if he had gotten more help, so he's got a valid point there.

But I still don't think he deserves to get off light here.

I demand blood!

Also, where the hell did he get a Life Seed?
    After what he's done, of course he shouldn't be getting off light. No idea where Nate got a Life Seed, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, didn someone give it to him? Are the Celestrials trying something new since each Death they try fail?

BANNED

The Life Seed was thrown in the story only in the last issue. It'll either be related to some mystery later, or it was just something conjured for the story that will never come up again.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like it was planned from the beginning, mostly because of the Four Horsemen and how Nate was sort of an inverse of Apocalypse. Plus the weird weather patterns and the creation of life is something the Life Seed is meant to do.

This just makes its last minute name drop all the more baffling. Dissemble would have made so much more sense had it been mentioned sooner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Let me just say the art of Blindfold's story is amazing. I also liked this story more than the rest.
    Same. I'm a big fan of people who can't punch out Galactus.

Im just catching up but is Blindfold dead or alive. The last page confused me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Im just catching up but is Blindfold dead or alive. The last page confused me.
    She's dead for now.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm finally catching up on my comics and just got around reading Uncanny 11. I really think this was the strongest issue since the relaunch and believe this would have worked perfectly as a #1, preceded perhaps by the Annual as a #0 to bring Scott back. You could have set up the mystery of the X-Men's disappearance, hinting at X-Man's and Legion's involvement, leaving readers wondering who was gone and who was still around, splitting the narrative between Scott and Logan recruiting the remaining X-Men in the present and the battle with Nate Grey in flashbacks.

Not thinking in terms of making comics to generate revenue but just from a storytelling perspective, let's face it: you could skip "Disassembled" altogether, or at least drastically compress it. At the end of the day it was mostly just a means to an end to get the characters to The Age of X-Man - you didn't really need 10 issues for a story that could be told in 2. Nothing of consequence except for the ending really happened - Hisako's argument with Jean? Senator Allen's 360 about mutants perhaps? You could have easily told "Disassembled" in flashbacks and let the mystery unfold slowly as Scott and Logan re-build the X-Men in the present.

I do however commend Rosenberg for crafting a very solid first solo issue and look forward to see what he does when the other characters come in. I did enjoy Larroca's art as well although I find myself thinking of the glory that was X-treme X-Men-era Salva. His style has changed a bit arguably but I believe a lot of it comes down to the colourist. I wish another colour artist, and perhaps an inker as well, could get a crack at Salva's pencils to see what the results look like.

The problem of making "Disassembled" a flashback is that we would have AGAIN a story where Scott is blamed for something he did to finally discover that he did nothing. After Extraordinary X-Men I can see why they decided not to do it.

Default Uncanny x-men #11 larrosa variant