Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Default Uncanny X-Men #11 (SPOILERS/DISCUSSION)

Here's the tread to discuss this comic!

we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member

Well out side of the fact new xmen are all going to be killed for shock value(really worried for x23 now).Cap and the avengers being shone as the hypocritical pieces of crap they always are when mutants are involved and Logan calling his return crap were nice. I'd give it 7.5 or a 8.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked it. I loved to see both the real Cyclops and Wolverine alive and working together after so long.
    I don't like when the x-men blame the avengers for their problems or Cap and Scott fighting like children tough.

Why is Jaime with Layla? wasn't that Jaime dead and the current one a totally different character?

Extraordinary Member

I don't care for the tone and it really does not line up with the annual. It is great the Rosenberg can name drop all sorts of stuff, but it felt like a rehash of so much stuff and nothing moved. Oh, it had some cool moments, and I can't say the writing was weak, but I just can't care for what the writing was trying to do as it came across as more Rosenberg trying out some cool weird cryptic tease twist instead of setting up a story.

BANNED

Blindfold gets Fridged, and Loa didn't even get THAT much. Thanks, Marvel!

Frankly, the first line of the issue was its most honest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why is Jaime with Layla? wasn't that Jaime dead and the current one a totally different character?
    The new Jamie said he was going to visit Layla, so I guess he stuck around to help out, since he kind of had nothing else to do with his life.

Welcome to the X-Men books, where despite weekly and then double shipping, we need two (two!) Deluxe McCheesy extra mayo-sized $8 issues ($8!) to watch characters who weren't in the holy times of the 90's die as Scott wanders Narnia and encounters The Very British One, The Man Out of Time (and Out of His Franchise), and Logan the Lion. Can the boys grow and sell enough dope to reboot the line? Or will General Calabananalama have them arrested by the fashion police?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Shoutouts to Blindfold for crossing Playboy shoot off her bucket list before the end. Get it girl.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Rosenberg is fantastic at setting stuff up, but always stumbles on execution and sticking the landing.

Also, this comic is $12 where I live after exchange rate and taxes. I can buy an Image trade for the price.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

BANNED

This Was GOOD. I mean REALLY GOOD.

When Scott says "&%$ you Rogers. I was like YEAH &*%$ You Rogers!!!!

GO SCOTT!!

#ScottwasrightallAlong.

BANNED

This was pretty good, despite Larroca's very weak art. I like how it contrasts against Marvelous, where you have the X-Men trying to hold their utopia together, and here you have the X-Men trying to get out of hell, basically.

And I don't care about how I'm gonna be judged, this spread made my day.

Uncanny X-Men 011-028.jpg

Welcome back, boys

Extraordinary Member

I liked "Every X-Men story is the same" as an opening line. Maybe I shouldn't but I'm a sucker for that kind of leaning on the fourth wall.

Mighty Member

Kind of surprised by the deaths in the issue because there was nothing special. I feel hiding underground or being hunted is more interesting than an unusually drawn death (had no clue what that was until the characters discussed it). Other wise it sets everything thing up... again. Everything is set up. The first 10 issues were set up for AOXM and this. I’m interested and want to see more.

Edit to say that I DID like the issue!
    Last edited by Rnap22; 02-06-2019 at 08:52 AM.

The Red Dragon

What a boring issue. I just cant get into Rosenberg’s writing.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I liked "Every X-Men story is the same" as an opening line. Maybe I shouldn't but I'm a sucker for that kind of leaning on the fourth wall.
    Yeah, writers have no issuw poking fun at their issues, but it'd be nice if they spent time fixing them. Lol