Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately, unlike our heroes, we cannot read the minds of the creators. So when something crappy comes out, and then Marvel hastily tries to fix it later, we call it as such.
    No one wants a repeat of Steve Rogers: Captain America #1, with Marvel asking for readers' patience only for it to be as bad or worse than it appears, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    That is, if all of this is permanent. The x-men are off in their own pocket dimension. Maybe at the end of Age of X-Man they come back at the moment they left and avoid all this, including the spread of the mutant vaccine. This certainly reads a bit like what a writer would do with the X-men if he had not to worry about the line wide consequences. They mention the goverment is killing and deporting mutant kids right inf front of Captain America. That feels weird. Maybe Rosenberg is using the fact that we are so used to minor characters being killed all willy nilly to make us buy into what actually is a what if of sorts. He did the same with Rictor in New Mutantys Dead Souls. I can even imagine an epilogue with Blindfold now seeing multiple futures for her. I am kind of reading this like an alternate universe mini, and a pretty good one.
    I've been thinking the same thing, that that's the reason for the whole "two halves" bit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by reis9999 View Post
    Jono is one of my favorite mutant characters (i really liked generation x).
    I hope that chamber can go out of the x-men "limbo" (his powers and personality were never fully developed in the last decade)
    I'm worried what might have happened to Shogo. Jono was likely the one taking care of him when Jubilee disappeared and now he's living in a sewer.

I don’t wanna see anymore Logan vs Scott rivalry but I love Scott vs Steve rivalry, I want Cyclops back in that space that Rogers has in Avengers. He’s broken but he’s still that guy he is the X-Men’s cap but different in so many ways...

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    5. Cyclops could have used her death as his rallying cry RATHER THAN MAKING THE AVENGERS LOOK LIKE TONE-DEAF FASCISTS whose excuse is that they don't want to be there but Hate Rally's (where they are preaching violence against others btw) also deserve to have super-powered protection in order to spread their hate message...Rosenberg has smeared the Avengers in a way that I can guarantee that almost no one at Marvel thought all the way through, especially in the current social climate.
    You really think that would've been in good taste? Can't have it both ways.

It there is, it reminds me of those YouTube videos where a parent tells their kid that Christmas is cancelled and they don't get any presents, and film the kid crying about it. Then they reveal it was a joke. Okay, but you still made people suffer for no one's amusement but your own.

And if he is just twisting it around, with the whole depression PSA behind it, I think he needs to understand that if someone puts a bullet through their brain, there isn't going to be someone there to retcon that decision. So the decision for either tone deaf, or complete bollocks.
    I won't slander the man, but I do question a lot of his writing decisions when it comes to the X-Men thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    You don't seem particularly empathetic of Rosenberg's own history with depression and self-harm, even insinuating he made it up to shield himself from criticism.
    I never insinuated anything. But him going through that does not shield him from criticism. In my opinion, the message he clearly sent was that if everything is hopeless, and you can't see a way out of it, kill yourself. And then has the balls to claim it as some sort of depression PSA.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    You really think that would've been in good taste? Can't have it both ways.
    Got a point there. He was pretty respectful of keeping Ruth's business her business.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Emma was right

I never insinuated anything. But him going through that does not shield him from criticism. In my opinion, the message he clearly sent was that if everything is hopeless, and you can't see a way out of it, kill yourself. And then has the balls to claim it as some sort of depression PSA.
    A writer who is trying to make a statement through his stories is a bad writer. Do not look for messages. I think Rosenberg just wanted to tell the story of a confused person. And sometimes confused people kill themselves. That’s all.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I won't slander the man, but I do question a lot of his writing decisions when it comes to the X-Men thus far.
    I don't have the history with Rosenberg other fans do. I only skimmed his Phoenix Resurrection, and he lost me with his writing on Creed. I am only worried now because Uncanny is the flag title, and if Creed appears anywhere else, it'd probably be here. And he has enough bad writers under his belt. If we add Rosenberg to the list that makes 10 in the last 16 years. Versus the good writers he's had which is 3. And two of those only had him guest appearances. lol

But again, the waiting game is upon us. Clearly this was a controversial start, and time will tell if we get a hit series on our hands that triggers debate. Or if we'll have a mess on our hands.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-06-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    A writer who is trying to make a statement through his stories is a bad writer. Do not look for messages. I think Rosenberg just wanted to tell the story of a confused person. And sometimes confused people kill themselves. That’s all.
    If there's no statement, then why put a number to a depression and suicide hotline at the bottom of the page? Especially with a character who can see the future, and decides to off themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    5. Cyclops could have used her death as his rallying cry RATHER THAN MAKING THE AVENGERS LOOK LIKE TONE-DEAF FASCISTS whose excuse is that they don't want to be there but Hate Rally's (where they are preaching violence against others btw) also deserve to have super-powered protection in order to spread their hate message...Rosenberg has smeared the Avengers in a way that I can guarantee that almost no one at Marvel thought all the way through, especially in the current social climate.

Last 6. I am happy to see Cyclops and Logan running things again, and bloodbath aside, seeing them fight on the same side again was cool.
    I thought the reason he was shown at the rally immediately after finding Ruth was his further disillusion with how everything had wound up. She was a familiar face and your point about not saying things sounds right, I'd bet he thought she wasn't someone he needed to reach out to or look after. I hope Ruth is more important to this story than her death.

Emma was right

If there's no statement, then why put a number to a depression and suicide hotline at the bottom of the page?
    What's bad about it? It says on my pack of cigarettes that smoking kills and a phone number to learn more about it. So I quit smoking, and did not continue to slowly kill myself. Not vice versa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    What's bad about it? It says on my pack of cigarettes that smoking kills and a phone number to learn more about it. So I quit smoking, and did not continue to slowly kill myself. Not vice versa.
    Is your avatar a Cyclops based on the work of Tom of Finland?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Overall, I'd have to say that I really liked the issue. It was interesting to see Scott in this situation and make an attempt at suicide and have Captain America prevent anything further from happening. It was especially nice to see Wolverine and Scott team up at the end. I feel actually quite optimistic from this point forward with the story.

That being said, there was one thing that seemed to go too far, but I'm a bit mixed on it since I interpreted the situation a bit differently. Then again, it must really suck for that to have happened especially with characters that are rarely used.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

If there's no statement, then why put a number to a depression and suicide hotline at the bottom of the page? Especially with a character who can see the future, and decides to off themselves.
    Because the issue deals with suicide and a reader dealing with the same issue in real life might possibly be prompted to call that number.