Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If they contributed anything, fans would complain that they're overshadowing the X-Men.
    Not true you do not have to make Steve and Tony save the mutants no one else want this would make the X-men obsolete and the opposite is also true if the X-men saved the Avengers in each event.

What you need to do is show the readers that although they can not do much to help mutants they care through small gestures and support.

For example if Cap had told Scott that he would go public against the cure it would not stop the government but would prove that Cap cares and will help the mutants as much as possible for him.

BANNED

Cap's reputation is literally garbage among citizens right now. If he called out the cure, they'd just say "God, what a fascist, I'm going to have the cure twice!"
    lololololololololololololol.
    So he cares about his reputation rather than doing the right thing."god's self-rightous man" afterall.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not bad just predictable and uncreative. A cure, extinction and the end of X-men is exactly what has happened in the last 15 or 20 years with decimation, toxic clouds and wars between heroes.

If you ignore all this was a good issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    He is the bad guy.He led a war against the inhumans.
    So why is he not in prison? That's what I mean...he is still the bad guy, but also the messaih of mutants... before death it was bad but now it's good? Why can't they write him up like Cap or Tony stark?? I mean did anyone actually get punished for Civil War, World War Hulk or the Superior Iron Man stuff? No...then why are they doing such a bad job with Cyclops?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    From being a villain worse than Magneto to a mild nuisance at a political rally, Scott sure has hit rock bottom.. gone are the days when he was the face of mutant scum! It's also funny how they use the Morlocks as props to showcase the unfortunate mutants whenever they want. Living in sewers but still have the same life expectancy as the average Joe...
    The Morlocks are not that far from the Monster City...which, yes, was partially destroyed by a vampire civil war, but it's come back from worse.

Thay being said, the entire NYC sewer system probably has some good trade routes and access to all sorts of weapons and medicines. Wish someone would bring that up.
    Not true you do not have to make Steve and Tony save the mutants no one else want this would make the X-men obsolete and the opposite is also true if the X-men saved the Avengers in each event.

What you need to do is show the readers that although they can not do much to help mutants they care through small gestures and support.

For example if Cap had told Scott that he would go public against the cure it would not stop the government but would prove that Cap cares and will help the mutants as much as possible for him.
    I feel like part of the issue is that a cure by itself isn'ta bad idea. A lot of mutants might want it. The issue is how it's being implemented.

Oh they would complain, regardless of how big their support is.

Not everyone is reasonable. I do agreed that making small gestures like that could be good, in the past The Avengers were against the Mutant Regirstration Act and usually help the X-Men if it was necessary. but both franchises are too immersed in their own narratives at the moment, neither writer or Marvel editorial cares.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh they would complain, regardless of how big their support is.

Not everyone is reasonable. I do agreed that making small gestures like that could be good, in the past The Avengers were against the Mutant Regirstration Act and usually help the X-Men if it was necessary. but both franchises are too immersed in their own narratives at the moment, neither writer or Marvel editorial cares.
    Yea, X-Men writers don't want to have the baggage of the Avengers stuff and Avengers writers are telling their own stories and couldn't care less about the tenth straight mutant extinction story being told. What you end up having is the Avengers seemingly ignoring the problem. You can either headcanon it as them trying to help and failing or just take it straight and assume the Avengers do not care.

BANNED

We really should talk about Scott's change of perspective between the annual and this issue.
    That avengers stuff was inter-office problem.But what the hell the X-office trying to accomplish with two totally different Cyke?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    lololololololololololololol.
    So he cares about his reputation rather than doing the right thing."god's self-rightous man" afterall.
    My point is that no one would listen to him, and may even use his defense as a reason to crack harder on them.

And then fans would complain that Cap is playing lip service while not actually doing anything.

BANNED

Annual Scott hadn't seen the level of crap mutants were in, it's kind of natural that he went back to his suicidal mode.

It's literally the "man who thought he lost all hope loses additional bit of hope he didn't know he had" meme.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yea, X-Men writers don't want to have the baggage of the Avengers stuff and Avengers writers are telling their own stories and couldn't care less about the tenth straight mutant extinction story being told. What you end up having is the Avengers seemingly ignoring the problem. You can either headcanon it as them trying to help and failing or just take it straight and assume the Avengers do not care.
    Doesn't help that the books are pretty much the opposite in thematic, Aaron is basically going for the "Isn't this cool, BP is the leader now and there is war with vampires and freaking Blade is involved!", while Rosenberg is all "You poor thing, what the world has done to you!" (i think that is issue pretty much spell out that neither Logan or Scott is expecting to get out this alive).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Cap's reputation is literally garbage among citizens right now. If he called out the cure, they'd just say "God, what a fascist, I'm going to have the cure twice!"
    Then have Carol do it. She's so popular that they gave her the Statue of Liberty and made a TV show about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The SHRA affected them all personally, but the vaccine doesn't, not necessarily. They should've come out against it at the very least, maybe a later issue will show that they did. I'm not holding my breath though.
    Well for whatever reason, every person in the MU who has ever been a mutant sympathizer has suddenly vanished so it’s not like the Avengers can be solely blamed for how forced this plot is. I mean, based on how this is written, outside of mutants, no one cares about mutantkind. It’s like being in the Ultimate Universe post-Ultimatum all over again.

BANNED

My point is that no one would listen to him, and may even use his defense as a reason to crack harder on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Then have Carol do it. She's so popular that they gave her the Statue of Liberty and made a TV show about her.
    This.
    10char.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Annual Scott hadn't seen the level of crap mutants were in, it's kind of natural that he went back to his suicidal mode.

It's literally the "man who thought he lost all hope loses additional bit of hope he didn't know he had" meme.
    Well,we got nothing of that transition in the book.