Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

That Cap scene could've been great if Rosenberg's take on one of the only people in the MU with a true Speech 100 stat wasn't "couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah, writers have no issuw poking fun at their issues, but it'd be nice if they spent time fixing them. Lol
    That would be good too

It's rare that I enjoy an X-Men issue these days and I really liked this one. More importantly, it was good to see Logan back in action. Didn't really care for the fate of a certain mutant that a lot of folks I assume are gonna be pissed about(I never even heard of her). Best part to me was the Cyclops and Logan team-up and brief stare they gave each. No wondering about how they're both alive, just an acknowledgement and knowing there's work to get done. The previous issues of this Uncanny relaunch might as well been a mini series while this is the real start up point. Solid issue.

Larocca’s grunt faces are so off-putting.

Loved the book honestly and I'm hyped to keep reading. Not a fan of the art, but at least it's consistent with the tone.

Fantastic Member

can someone post Full spoilers on what happened in the issue? i ain't about to shell out double the price for it

Feels like they are doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde with Cyclops.
    Liked the issue but shut up about the inhumans already. The boys are back and it feels good.

Fantastic Member

Okay yeah, I'm digging the hell out of this. I could do without Scott's old man face-folds, but it certainly had an interesting cast of characters for an Uncanny book.

I was a little surprised to see Jono there, being the most Negative of Nancies. He was never Mr. Sunshine, but damn. They certainly are cleaning house though. Two deaths and an "aging until practically useless"? That's heavy stuff for an X-book (sort of). I mean, we got the National Suicide Hotline thing at the end, and I've never seen that here before.

Now to sit this bigass issue under something heavy so it slides nicely into a bag n board.

Amazing Member

Massively overpriced, but take it from a guy who hasn't read the Xmen in years...possibly since AVX, I loved this issue. It was good, viceral and emotional for me, tapping into the question of what does a hero do when it seems like he's failed. Also that look between Logan and Scott spoke volumes. The scene between Scott and Cap was great and really spoke to the hypocrisy of the Avengers and really America as a whole when it comes to race/hate speech. On a sidenote, am I the only one who feels that the book is really being informed by whats going on in the TV show the Gifted?

I liked the issue pretty much.

Mostly the commentary that the X-men fought so hard for their survival that they created an equally stronger resistance by the time they "died". And now, all mutants have to pay for the consequences of the good actions of the X-men.

It is such a rich plot, cause it goes beyond normal "good versus evil" stories. Like in real politics, we should fight for the rights of the weaks. But we must be aware that a resistance very strong is going to come alive, and we should be ready for them.

I liked it, it was a bit expensive for what you got though. I would have liked the Wolverine/Cyclops meet up to have happened sooner, but seeing the same story from different points of view is generally something I'm a sucker for.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Overall a good issue.

Of course no matter how hard they try to insinuate that the end of the X-men has arrived and nothing will be the same we know how much this is bullshit because it does not even come close to the dangers that the X-men have overcome during all those years after all they are survivors . In fact it seems like a typical Monday for mutants even the death of some young mutants produces no effect because Scott, Logan and Madrox were dead some time ago and are back. Speaking of Madrox they brought the tattoo back without explanation .

The interesting part is how the story splits into three perspectives Scott, Logan and Blindfold and how this has a different contrast to Age of X-man. In a story we have an alternate reality where there is a Utopia for mutants that begins to crumble when the secrets begin to be exposed and in reality we have a world where the mutants are in danger of being extinct but the hope continues to shine with Scott and Logan uniting to save the day again .

I get bothered by the fact they blame Cyclops for several things he did not do or for having fought for a future that the mutants are not willing to fight. It's serious hate the fact how they blame Xavier, the X-men, Scott but without them the mutants become sheep ready for slaughter and without resisting preferring to hide.

And we have the Avengers the protectors of mankind to be fair I can not blame them for the mutant problems and Cap has his own problems to deal with from SE. But I blame them for not helping mutants persecuted and killed or for not condemning this cursed cure. In that sense the truth remains the same the X-men are and always will be the only ones with whom mutants can count on and this will never change even fighting for their lives and their rights is denied to them.

In the end we have Logan and Scott together again it is difficult to express in a sentence how these two define each other. Yes they are together despite not wanting it because in the end the mission is more important than personal feelings.

Rank 7 of 10.

Zero creativity but with a well-developed plot.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-06-2019 at 09:34 AM.

"Oi, ye bloody git, led the X-Men to war with dem Avengers and Inhuman (what?) blokes, yes he did! Bloody wanker, innit? Piss off, mate!"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Three separate stories in one issue? It's quite confusing.

I only liked the art in the first story, the rest sucks.

Overall a boring issue, hopefully, next issue should be better

Quick Thoughts

-F*ck Loa's death not because they killed her but because they brought her out of limbo, To only have her die in one poorly drawn panel with no meaning and it didn't add anything to the book. It has to be said X-men is filled tons of characters and they managed to kill the only pacific islander/Asian X-men around. I am not going to act like she was important character but they manage to waste unique concept for no reason

- Avengers suck, I mean it is not the answer I was looking for but they at least answer the question of why mutants are out here dying and nothing is being done to help them because the Avengers suck at their jobs.

-You can't help but smile at the Wolverine and Cyclops fighting everyone scene. The 12-year-old in me love that scene

- This was a really good book imo, It is one of the few comics that I have to go back and read digest everything that happening.

Overall I really like this book, I like the overall tone it feels like the X-men are facing extinction and there is a sense of danger that is working for me. I still think this type of story is better in a world without other heroes but at least the writer gave good enough reason for why the avengers haven't done anything to help because they are inept and suck at their jobs. So please remind Avengers fans that didn't help the X-men again not because they were off world or dealing with a crisis but because they are bad at their jobs.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-06-2019 at 09:53 AM.