Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Three separate stories in one issue? It's quite confusing.

I only liked the art in the first story, the rest sucks.

Overall a boring issue, hopefully, next issue should be better
    Eh, half of Blindfold's story is just repeating what we already saw in the main and first backup.

BANNED

Fuck you Rogers ! That made my day, our boy is back, hopefully after he's done saving mutants he can go for black bolt head

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loved this moment !

we can be heroes, just for one day

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Fuck you Rogers ! That made my day, our boy is back, hopefully after he's done saving mutants he can go for black bolt head
    Black Bolt apologized for Scott's death and the terrigen mess. Going for Black bolt would make no sense and Black Bolt probably would just apologize again.

BANNED

I don't think Scott will, or should, go after Black Bolt. The inhumans are no longer a threat to them. It's like Fluffy said, he's on a heroic suicide run and just wants to save the world from the mutant villains and go out on a blaze of glory if it comes to that. I think he'll settle on that goal when he and Logan rescue the New Mutants and actually assemble the team.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't think Scott will, or should, go after Black Bolt. The inhumans are no longer a threat to them. It's like Fluffy said, he's on a heroic suicide run and just wants to save the world from the mutant villains and go out on a blaze of glory if it comes to that. I think he'll settle on that goal when he and Logan rescue the New Mutants and actually assemble the team.
    I wonder if Emma is actually going to factor into future issues. I don't want to get Emma and Scott back together, but rather Emma is all about "saving mutants" too so I could see her throwing all the Hellfire Club resources behind Logan and Scott even if it's on the down low, like helping them establish a base of operations. I don't think she would join them on the team though, even Emma would admit there is too much bad blood and it's better for her to keep her distance from Scott and Logan. It would be a nice backdrop if while Scott and Logan are trying to do they physical hero thing, Emma decides to go the politics route and runs to get herself into the US government as a mutant rights advocate.

Drunk, suicidal cyclops might be my favourite version of the character.

lol, "Now that we're all caught up.", y'all didn't even exchange a full sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Black Bolt apologized for Scott's death and the terrigen mess. Going for Black bolt would make no sense and Black Bolt probably would just apologize again.
    Eh, the apology was to Jean only, Scott has no knowledge of it - and while he might apologize again, he deserves one optic blast to the face for killing what he thought was Scott. I doubt it'll happen, and I wouldn't want them to try killing each other.

The LIE perpretrated about Scott leading a war against the Inhumans ruined the issue for me

Amazing Member

Thanks,I hate it.

Seriously,I am so over X-Men at this point. Driven underground,hunted,near extinction...again.

I already am depressed,I don't need this.

Hell,I could use Infinity War as a cheerful pick me up compared to this.

Just...no. No to all of this.

Extraordinary Member

We knew we were going to get that moment, but dammit if I didn't tear up a bit when it happened.

Ruth's story was confusing and yes, I think we're all upset about losing Loa, but at the same time, I don't think it was a bad end for her. She just seemed tired and given what she's been through, it's hard to fault her.

Marvel should have lured Tom Taylor over to direct the entire X-Men Franchise...if they had we would not be getting the...what 3rd or 4th (!!!!!) Mutant Extinction event since House of M?????

So now they are just killing off old characters that have been under-used or used improperly based on their character to try and drive home how "dire" the circumstances are...there was House of M, then the FRICKIN' PHOENIX restarted the X-gene...then Marvel Studios pushed for the Inhumans to be given more of the spotlight and Marvel Comics honestly tried but failed to make them interesting...while also deciding to try and replace Mutants with Inhumans for no real reason, and made a Terrigen Cloud side-effect that it was lethal to mutants (because why not put Mutants back on the path of Extinction when you can create a random new hero with whatever powers you want really and simply not call them a Mutant when that has been the driving cause of powers generating just as the Meta-Gene is for DC).
    The Terrigen Cloud is finally taken care of, but another of those pesky side-effects made Mutants STERILE on top of that...ffs...

So sterile Mutants in a world where there is a "vaccine" (for what, the 3rd time in comic form i believe?), where murdering them is apparently Government SOP now, the X-Men are most likely locked up inside of Legions head (think Justice League trapped in Firestorm in FOrever Evil), and now the 2 big dogs are finally back together (the ONLY good thing about the issue honestly)...

What the franchise needed was to continue X-Men Red as Uncanny X-Men. It did not get the recognition it deserved because Gold and Blue both sucked and adding another color with Jean as the leader of that strike team but not the central X-Men Team doomed it before it ever had a chance to get going.

None of the Best X-Men comics involved this MUCH despair and Darkness...MOST of which we all know was done to try and make it seem like the X-Men have never been in such desperate times (when this same scenario occurred back when Clarmont moved some of the team to Australia under the guise of killing them off to the rest of the world).

Marvel blatantly stated in the Annual through Cyclops that they are going to try and get the Franchise back to the "Protecting a World that Hates and Fears them", which is fine, but dialing the Darkness and Despair up to a 9 and reading an entire issue of Cyclops basically going through the decision to kill himself (that IS what Cyclops decided to do if no one showed up) right after he was brought back ruins Wolverine returning to save him imo. (the Avengers were ALL HORRIBLY WRITTEN btw and the idea they were there to "keep the peace" at a Hate Rally...that is rather sickening...)

This issue does not fill me with hope for the future of either the comic or the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The LIE perpretrated about Scott leading a war against the Inhumans ruined the issue for me
    ...Oh god that's still around.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    .)

This issue does not fill me with hope for the future of either the comic or the world.
    This pretty much says it all.

I feel like I need therapy after reading this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ...Oh god that's still around.
    I really don't like it either, but with the world being in the state it's in, I'll give Chamber a pass - he's a victim of propaganda and oppression. There was no excuse for it before, but in this world where the X-Men are all gone, there's no way that there would be any honesty about Scott's legacy.