Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Chamber showed up, so I think they dropped the ball here - he should've had Shogo with him. With Jubilee believed dead, logically her boyfriend should've taken her kid.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Chamber showed up, so I think they dropped the ball here - he should've had Shogo with him. With Jubilee believed dead, logically her boyfriend should've taken her kid.
    Matt doesn't know what a Shogo is. Can you get one at Starbucks?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Random red head hits on Cyclops.
    Emma your man is back alive and you are no where to be found?
    So no one bother to go stop drunken Cyclops... Okay then.
    On to Logan, am I the onlyone who was left wondering why he didnt ask her if the kid was his? Lol

I expect care bear Summers but I was giving drunk bear Summers. Liked the issue and hoping they don't go back and give us tyke 2.0

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I really don't like it either, but with the world being in the state it's in, I'll give Chamber a pass - he's a victim of propaganda and oppression. There was no excuse for it before, but in this world where the X-Men are all gone, there's no way that there would be any honesty about Scott's legacy.
    He didn't deny Nate as his son. He even gave him an excuse. I rather this than lets go beat X-man to save the world.

So who died?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    So who died?
    Blindfold and Fat Loa

Amazing Member

So who died?
    Loa and Blindfold. I'm so tired of being an X-Fan. Leaving characters in limbo for...years and then killing them off unceremoniously is such BS.

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    He didn't deny Nate as his son. He even gave him an excuse. I rather this than lets go beat X-man to save the world.
    I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand you. I liked the issue myself, I was simply pointing out what I thought of the "led a war against the Inhumans" thing - I'm not sure what Nate has to do with Scott's legacy continuing to be tarnished in a world without X-Men.

So who died?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Blindfold and Fat Loa
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Loa and Blindfold. I'm so tired of being an X-Fan. Leaving characters in limbo for...years and then killing them off unceremoniously is such BS.
    I'm starting to think that this idea of Uncanny and Marvelous telling one story won't ultimately be: Scott's team deals with a situation that gets even more dire as it goes and just when all hope finally seems lost, the X-Men from AoXM free themselves and mostly everyone who died comes back.

1 final thought - Having Ruths SUICIDE seem pre-destined or unavoidable was wrong on soooooo many levels........ESPECIALLY AFTER SHOWING SO MANY PEOPLE OFFER HELP AND JUST WALK AWAY...having Logan walk away after Rosenberg actually had a panel added to show his pause over being told Goodbye is just sick. Logan leaves knowing full well that Ruth is going to kill herself and does literally NOTHING to try and prevent it. He was the 1 character they made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR knew that Ruth was going to kill herself, and he just let it happen....coming back to life sure has changed Wolverine from the man who nearly killed Cyclops for training kids to be solders and saying kids just needed to be allowed to be kids. Logan looks absolutely terrible based on this comic...he literally walked away while a Ruth killed herself without trying to talk to her or anything!!!

I am all about characters and story development. Bad things do happen and using them in stories is fine WHEN IT IS DONE PROPERLY. Rosenberg seriously dropped the ball and made death via suicide seem like a good option for Ruth and that is beyond unacceptable. (There is no good story reason at this time to merit this decision, and it feels like a death that Rosenberg intends to let stick and leave an open wound in his readership as designed. It feels like it was done JUST TO INJURE THE READER and not to say anything more.

There is a TINY Suicide Prevention ad on the tiny letters page, but given the severity of the issue Rosenberg DECIDED TO WRITE ABOUT FROM A PARTICULAR PERSPECTIVE it is glaring that Rosenberg did not include a half page or full page letter to the fans explaining his decision to both kill Ruth and how he decided to approach the subject.

Suffering from Depression, as I do, is a serious issue for Millions of people and Rosenberg spit in the face of anyone grappling with Suicidal Thoughts by having a Character THAT CAN SEE THE FUTURE decide to kill herself with what amounts to a smile because rather than have Ruth fight against the idea that just because her visions stop it means she dies, Rosenberg just throws Ruth away like she was nothing and acts like she was happy to do it even.

It makes me feel physically ill how Ruth's mental state was written.

As it stands right now

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think that relationship got dropped. It hasn't been referenced to since Strain.

Another new pairing that had some build-up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    1 final thought - Having Ruths SUICIDE seem pre-destined or unavoidable was wrong on soooooo many levels........ESPECIALLY AFTER SHOWING SO MANY PEOPLE OFFER HELP AND JUST WALK AWAY...having Logan walk away after Rosenberg actually had a panel added to show his pause over being told Goodbye is just sick. Logan leaves knowing full well that Ruth is going to kill herself and does literally NOTHING to try and prevent it. He was the 1 character they made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR knew that Ruth was going to kill herself, and he just let it happen....coming back to life sure has changed Wolverine from the man who nearly killed Cyclops for training kids to be solders and saying kids just needed to be allowed to be kids. Logan looks absolutely terrible based on this comic...he literally walked away while a Ruth killed herself without trying to talk to her or anything!!!

I am all about characters and story development. Bad things do happen and using them in stories is fine WHEN IT IS DONE PROPERLY. Rosenberg seriously dropped the ball and made death via suicide seem like a good option for Ruth and that is beyond unacceptable. (There is no good story reason at this time to merit this decision, and it feels like a death that Rosenberg intends to let stick and leave an open wound in his readership as designed. It feels like it was done JUST TO INJURE THE READER and not to say anything more.

There is a TINY Suicide Prevention ad on the tiny letters page, but given the severity of the issue Rosenberg DECIDED TO WRITE ABOUT FROM A PARTICULAR PERSPECTIVE it is glaring that Rosenberg did not include a half page or full page letter to the fans explaining his decision to both kill Ruth and how he decided to approach the subject.

Suffering from Depression, as I do, is a serious issue for Millions of people and Rosenberg spit in the face of anyone grappling with Suicidal Thoughts by having a Character THAT CAN SEE THE FUTURE decide to kill herself with what amounts to a smile because rather than have Ruth fight against the idea that just because her visions stop it means she dies, Rosenberg just throws Ruth away like she was nothing and acts like she was happy to do it even.

It makes me feel physically ill how Ruth's mental state was written.

As it stands right now
    Rosenberg talked on Twitter about how he has suffered from depression and has done self harm.

I quite liked this other than the random deaths for shock value. I'm in for Cyclops and Logan against the world.

Emma was right

Let me just say the art of Blindfold's story is amazing. I also liked this story more than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rosenberg talked on Twitter about how he has suffered from depression and has done self harm.
    Thank You for the correction.

I stand by everything I said though. Rosenberg did a disservice to the community writing a Suicide as unavoidable and heightens that by having a character WHO CAN SEE THE FUTURE commit suicide. I mean, if someone who can see the future thinks killing themselves is the right way out, what chance would someone without those powers stand?