Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Thank You for the correction.

I stand by everything I said though. Rosenberg did a disservice to the community writing a Suicide as unavoidable and heightens that by having a character WHO CAN SEE THE FUTURE commit suicide. I mean, if someone who can see the future thinks killing themselves is the right way out, what chance would someone without those powers stand?
    Suicide > painful death from the hands of others.
    She did it not because of depression, but because she knew that in any case she would die. She decided to leave by her own rules.

I stand by everything I said though. Rosenberg did a disservice to the community writing a Suicide as unavoidable and heightens that by having a character WHO CAN SEE THE FUTURE commit suicide. I mean, if someone who can see the future thinks killing themselves is the right way out, what chance would someone without those powers stand?
    I'm sorry, I see where you come from with this. But just because this is a difficult subject, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. Nobody wants people to take their own lives. And you can look this from a learning point of view: just because people say they are fine and they deny help, it doesn't mean you should let them alone. It is a good thing to show us that we must care for ours loved ones, because sometimes, they can't do it themselves.

The story did not glorify it. It showed how sad it is, because even if she could not see it, we know that in some point, things are going to be okay.
    Last edited by Weather; 02-06-2019 at 11:06 AM.

BANNED

Her suicide it was not that thing that she couldn't unavoidable, only she decided her fate. Because in other versions of future she would have been killed by purifiers or others.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think Ruth killed herself because she saw how she was killed in every other future. So she decided that she'd rather die in a very nice house. It was about taking control of her situation.

The issue is that her death isn't a normal situation and the Suicide Prevention at the end felt rather hollow given the situation in the comic.

That being said, I think I was still responsible to have the Suicide Prevention number in the back, I'm just not sure the rest of the issue was.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I really don't like it either, but with the world being in the state it's in, I'll give Chamber a pass - he's a victim of propaganda and oppression. There was no excuse for it before, but in this world where the X-Men are all gone, there's no way that there would be any honesty about Scott's legacy.
    Nah Chamber doesnt get a past bc he was with the X-men post-ResurrXion. He knows that Scott was dead and that Emma made the stuff in DoX up. In fact everyone knows that as it made it to news.

Honestly Cap didn't come across as bad as people here are making him out to be. Scott had every right to chew him out, but we're not talking "Give Hope out of your free will or else!" territory.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    So who died?
    Me

10char, baby
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It was about taking control of her situation.
    That doesn't make it better. Not in the least. In fact it's one of the rationales suicidal people use IRL to justify it.

There's nothing about Ruth's situation that was NOT absurdly, if not insultingly, tone-deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This was pretty good, despite Larroca's very weak art. I like how it contrasts against Marvelous, where you have the X-Men trying to hold their utopia together, and here you have the X-Men trying to get out of hell, basically.

And I don't care about how I'm gonna be judged, this spread made my day.

Attachment 78215

Welcome back, boys
    Not gonna lie. When I saw this, I smiled so hard my face cramped. It was beautiful, seeing Cyclops and Wolverine do what they do best against an army of mutant-hating killers. This, alone, made the extra cost of the issue worth it. There was still even more to like. Both Cyclops and Wolverine were beautifully in character. I really got the sense that the dire situation brought out the best in them. They carried themselves just as I'd hoped they would. It was so refreshing and so fun. I'm glad they're back and I can't wait to see where they go from here.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I didn't care for the issue. Killing off minor characters so we can focus on the two most overexposed characters who have dominated the franchise for years with a status quo that we've seen now for over a decade. Bad Larroca art. Rosenberg should not write Chamber, ever. Cheap and lazy storytelling. I am so tired of all of this already after the first issue.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I enjoyed the issue.

I was concerned we were going to get a spineless Tyke 2.0. Very happy to read I was wrong. Drunk, reckless Cyclops was awesome.

Cyclops and Wolverine vs the rest of the world is something I'd be very happy reading. When they fought the three hate groups at the same time was definitely my favorite part of the book

The cons were the hefty price tag, and unnecessary death of Blindfold. Hopefully we'll see another issue where she is found recovering in a hospital.

Regarding the Avengers, I see both Scott's and Steve's Points. The Avengers have a job to do to keep the peace but it does make them look like lap dogs and overall incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah Chamber doesnt get a past bc he was with the X-men post-ResurrXion. He knows that Scott was dead and that Emma made the stuff in DoX up. In fact everyone knows that as it made it to news.
    Really? Okay, well that's silly then. You'd think they would've picked someone who might've been plausibly ignorant of what had actually happened.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What did people mean with that in this issue is one aging until practically useless?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Amazing Member

Expected more from the convo with Cap... Even after he was dead they didn't do anything to improve mutants!! They made him Evil Incarnate and still did nothing for the mutants. Scott should have had a line pointing it out. How come even people just want to kill mutants even when he was dead? I wish Cap acknowledged that the mutants have been let down by all Cap and his friends, not just we didn't do enough, they should say we were wrong to push you into Dark Phoenix/New Magento title. And again it may have been great to see Logan help him out(after being coerced) not a single Avenger was there to stop his murder? They were at the hate rally to keep peace when they knew all the big mutants were dead, but when Cyclops called out on live TV nobody was there to protect him from known mutant hate groups?
    Just because they made a cool fight scene with these two does not excuse how the most popular Marvel hero group is being written. Again!!

this whole thing hinges on fundamentally misunderstanding how Ruth’s powers even work