Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I enjoyed the issue.

I was concerned we were going to get a spineless Tyke 2.0. Very happy to read I was wrong. Drunk, reckless Cyclops was awesome.

Cyclops and Wolverine vs the rest of the world is something I'd be very happy reading. When they fought the three hate groups at the same time was definitely my favorite part of the book

The cons were the hefty price tag, and unnecessary death of Blindfold. Hopefully we'll see another issue where she is found recovering in a hospital.

Regarding the Avengers, I see both Scott's and Steve's Points. The Avengers have a job to do to keep the peace but it does make them look like lap dogs and overall incompetent.
    PrezValentine made a good point about how the Avengers aren't really sanctioned by the US anymore, which makes you think that the Squadron Supreme of America should've been there instead. Of course, if they had been, Scott might not have been allowed to leave. Looks like Marvel might painted themselves in a corner there.

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    Expected more from the convo with Cap... Even after he was dead they didn't do anything to improve mutants!! They made him Evil Incarnate and still did nothing for the mutants. Scott should have had a line pointing it out. How come even people just want to kill mutants even when he was dead? I wish Cap acknowledged that the mutants have been let down by all Cap and his friends, not just we didn't do enough, they should say we were wrong to push you into Dark Phoenix/New Magento title. And again it may have been great to see Logan help him out(after being coerced) not a single Avenger was there to stop his murder? They were at the hate rally to keep peace when they knew all the big mutants were dead, but when Cyclops called out on live TV nobody was there to protect him from known mutant hate groups?
    Just because they made a cool fight scene with these two does not excuse how the most popular Marvel hero group is being written. Again!!
    Cyclops didn't look like he wanted the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What did people mean with that in this issue is one aging until practically useless?
    Velocidad, due to his powers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    PrezValentine made a good point about how the Avengers aren't really sanctioned by the US anymore, which makes you think that the Squadron Supreme of America should've been there instead. Of course, if they had been, Scott might not have been allowed to leave. Looks like Marvel might painted themselves in a corner there.
    Trying to figure out when this takes place in relation to what is headache inducing. Cap is in jail in his current comic, framed for the murder of Thunderbolt Ross, and has been going through a lot of issues with the afterschock of the HydraCap stuff (though incorporating that last one may actually explain some of his actions here).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What did people mean with that in this issue is one aging until practically useless?
    Velocidad is an old man now.

Amazing Member

Yeah... They are keeping peace when they know mutants are dead, but none shows up to protect Scott when he reveals himself on live TV, only Logan...
    Is it wrong that I want Scott Summers to beat Cap's ass with his shield??

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I enjoyed the issue.

I was concerned we were going to get a spineless Tyke 2.0. Very happy to read I was wrong. Drunk, reckless Cyclops was awesome.

Cyclops and Wolverine vs the rest of the world is something I'd be very happy reading. When they fought the three hate groups at the same time was definitely my favorite part of the book

The cons were the hefty price tag, and unnecessary death of Blindfold. Hopefully we'll see another issue where she is found recovering in a hospital.

Regarding the Avengers, I see both Scott's and Steve's Points. The Avengers have a job to do to keep the peace but it does make them look like lap dogs and overall incompetent.
    Yeah... They are keeping peace when they know mutants are dead, but none shows up to protect Scott when he reveals himself on live TV, only Logan...
    Is it wrong that I want Scott Summers to beat Cap's ass with his shield??

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Cyclops didn't look like he wanted the help.
    So he saves him from a mob and then a few hours later decides he said no so let s not do anything about another mob? It makes no sense...
    Last edited by boredmonkey; 02-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Man, I don't understand all negative backlash in this topic.
    This book was AMAZING.

While the X-men are living in a beautiful fake heaven, the few "survivors" are here facing the cruel, ugly and real world:

- Governments are forcing vaccination or hunting homo superiors.
    - The sacrifice of the X men did not mean anything, because to people it was a conflict between two of them (Legion and X-man). It only increased hatred against the mutants.
    - Life is worse than ever for the species, and no prophet has been able to save them: Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, they all failed. Underdog Callisto was the only one there for them.

And now it's just Cyclops, Wolverine and some B, C list X-men dealing with this situation.

What a bold and interesting plot.

Even Larocca's art is good here. Lot's os shadows, giving a noir style to the story.

Not a fan of the Doom and gloom. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    this whole thing hinges on fundamentally misunderstanding how Ruth’s powers even work
    It's like a try to at least like something about Rosenberg's work, but f#uck me does he make it hard...

Well at least he knows how to appeal to my Avengers hate. Those guys suck.

How much time has passed since #10 bc this vaccine has already passed clinical trials and those take years

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Really? Okay, well that's silly then. You'd think they would've picked someone who might've been plausibly ignorant of what had actually happened.
    Yea I’d have let it slide had it been someone dumb like Toad but not Jono

A callback to Generation Hope:

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Trying to figure out when this takes place in relation to what is headache inducing. Cap is in jail in his current comic, framed for the murder of Thunderbolt Ross, and has been going through a lot of issues with the afterschock of the HydraCap stuff (though incorporating that last one may actually explain some of his actions here).
    I'm not really thinking about that, just that the Avengers wouldn't have looked bad if the SSA had been there instead. This also kinda contradicts Red, which had Jean's X-Men playing nice with the Avengers - that book seems more and more divorced from continuity as time goes on.

Amazing Member

This issue so far has just shown that nobody cares (as usual), Cyclops was not wrong, Avengers are still d*cks to mutants, a teen just killed herself because the world will torture her and kill her slowly! And honestly how is Cyclops going to stop forced use of the vaccine?? He has to violently step in right? It's clear he has no allies.
    This is what I don't get! He confronted mutants' enemies and they made him a villain and now they are making him do the same things and make him a hero??? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Man, I don't understand all negative backlash in this topic.
    This book was AMAZING.

While the X-men are living in a beautiful fake heaven, the few "survivors" are here facing the cruel, ugly and real world:

- Governments are forcing vaccination or hunting homo superiors.
    - The sacrifice of the X men did not mean anything, because to people it was a conflict between two of them (Legion and X-man). It only increased hatred against the mutants.
    - Life is worse than ever for the species, and no prophet has been able to save them: Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, they all failed. Underdog Callisto was the only one there for them.

And now it's just Cyclops, Wolverine and some B, C list X-men dealing with this situation.

What a bold and interesting plot.

Even Larocca's art is good here. Lot's os shadows, giving a noir style to the story.
    I'm more convinced that the Marvelous X-Men will reject their "perfect" world to return to the bleak reality that the Uncanny X-Men are facing right when they need help most.