Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boredmonkey View Post
    They never did explore that again. What is Beast doing? Why would a X-Man betray his people like that? Is it an Anakin Skywalker thing?
    It effectively sniped Anole's character as well. How can he recover from this? What will he tell his maybe or maybe not dead classmates? This is some Scarlet Witch level shenanigans.

Why would they do this to him?

BANNED

Main thing is the avengers didn't do anything about the "vaccine".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    PrezValentine made a good point about how the Avengers aren't really sanctioned by the US anymore, which makes you think that the Squadron Supreme of America should've been there instead. Of course, if they had been, Scott might not have been allowed to leave. Looks like Marvel might painted themselves in a corner there.
    And I feel like they're trying to address that here a bit. It isn't perfect, but it's something.

Cap allowed Scott to leave, he helped him with the mob and it looks like he was trying to get to him before thay even happened. The Avengers are just in a bad place. And let's be honest here, the a mutant mob or those protesters attacking a mutant at that rally wouldn't have been good for anyone.
    Yeah... They are keeping peace when they know mutants are dead, but none shows up to protect Scott when he reveals himself on live TV, only Logan...
    Is it wrong that I want Scott Summers to beat Cap's ass with his shield??
    Would Scott have wanted Cap's help? Scott was basically slowly becoming more and more suicidal throughout this issue. And even his team up with Logan at the end feels less hopeful and more like Scott is happy to have a suicide buddy.

Plus, if Logan came in contact with Widow and Bucky, I imagine they may have relayed to Cap thay Logan was back and ready to handle the situation with Scott.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What are they supposed to do?

The vaccine was already completed before they could do much about it. They have little political clout at the moment and they can't stop people from getting it.

Amazing Member

Yep... I just don't see why involve them at all? They are suddenly incompetent and unsympathetic when it comes to mutants.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

The vaccine was already completed before they could do much about it. They have little political clout at the moment and they can't stop people from getting it.
    Sabotage it. Use all that tech and smartest men on their teams...

The Avengers can't influence American politics anymore because of Secret Empire and Aaron making them Wakanda-based. Yet again, Nick Spencer does the X-Books' work for them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

But then they wouldn't be "heroes" they'd be "rouge terrorists opposing the government".

If there was ever another time for Cyclops X-Force it's now.

BANNED

Yeah,sorry.I forgot they're the ones who have havok go on stage and say "the M word is everything i hate".
    They're obviously afraid to take it on stage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Rosenberg has repeated his trick of making his protagonist a relatable depressed drunk loser so many times that now we got three of them in the same book (Cyke, Havok & Madrox).
    Funniest part is everyone is like oh hey Scott, you’re back
    Because people come back from the dead all the time in the marvel universe

DC handles resurrections a lot better

They’re actual events

This could be interesting too if they really honed in on how the world has moved on without Scott and shows how he deals with it compares to Jean

As soon as I figured out Blindfold was dead I got mad
    I really thought she was just taking a nap in those panels

Amazing Member

And I feel like they're trying to address that here a bit. It isn't perfect, but it's something.

Cap allowed Scott to leave, he helped him with the mob and it looks like he was trying to get to him before thay even happened. The Avengers are just in a bad place. And let's be honest here, the a mutant mob or those protesters attacking a mutant at that rally wouldn't have been good for anyone.

Would Scott have wanted Cap's help? Scott was basically slowly becoming more and more suicidal throughout this issue. And even his team up with Logan at the end feels less hopeful and more like Scott is happy to have a suicide buddy.

Plus, if Logan came in contact with Widow and Bucky, I imagine they may have relayed to Cap thay Logan was back and ready to handle the situation with Scott.
    So what if he is suicidal?? Isn't it Cap's job to help people? Stand up against wrong and etcetera or is it just for Avengers main events? He was present at a gathering where he shouldn't be there and he was absent at a site where he most definitely should have been. And just how incompetent is he that he didn't recognise him? If he is there to maintain peace use some facial recognition technology! What is the point of all having Ironman as a friend if you don't use him? So Scott dies and comes back and he is just a nuisance now? No longer enemy number 1? �� He is not worthy now??

It's just odd, like Marvel doesn't want some X-fans to accept the Avengers. Even just coming out against it in an X-book would be a good first step.

Is there really anything they can do about it? I mean this vaccine is basically law and last time the Avengers went against something that was law full force, Civil War happened. Besides, the Avengers currently have their own problems with the US government.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    white boyz white boyz whatchu gonna do
    whatcha gon do when booze comes for you
    Fraction's Hawkeye his impact!

But anyway, even if the direction and the characters involved aren't the most new or exciting for me, I actually thought this was a good issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Is there really anything they can do about it? I mean this vaccine is basically law and last time the Avengers went against something that was law full force, Civil War happened. Besides, the Avengers currently have their own problems with the US government.
    What civil war have to do with anything?lol.
    So,US now forces a law to blow up countries,the avengers will stand down?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 02-06-2019 at 12:46 PM.