Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where exactly are mutants being deported to?

I've been cringing a lot with X-Men stories recently but this recent "make the mutant haters like trump" angle has gotten a little out there.

I'm reading uncanny xmen #11 and theres that line at the hate rally about "what do you say to parent whose kids have been killed by the government (really?) and or deported"

The part about people's kids apparently being straight up killed by the us government and your average joe being aware of it is dumb enough, but the part about deportation is just ridiculous.

Deported where exactly? Its It's not like immigrants where there is a country you can ship them back to.

Not to mention its be hella illegal anyway on every level (the implication is that these kids are American born).

Did they restart genosha?

My suspension of disbelief is being threatened....
    Last edited by RudHao; 02-06-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Maybe New Tian was re-established? Mutants were sent there in Secret Empire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm willing to bet 'deported' is just code for 'killed quietly', 'prison camps to rot in', or 'shipped off to a lab for experiments' given how bad things are at the moment.

Extraordinary Member

Some of the mutant kids who are actually immigrants are probably being actually deported, but scourge is probably right. A lot of theM might be being sent to all sorts of awful places.

There is some smart commentary here about the current immigration crisis since thousands of kids are currently missing due to the ineptitude of our own real world government.

To the moon. To live with the Inhumans
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    To the moon. To live with the Inhumans
    Long live beast.

About being killed by the government, it can be interpretated in various ways. Maybe he was referring to Sentinels killing mutants over the years, or the State giving the blind eye for violence against mutants, police violence... Or maybe he is talking about O.N.E. killing mutants these last weeks.

The thing about being deported I don't know if they really thought that much about it. Maaaybe he is referring to that country that has being showed in X-force, where mutants were accepted, as it was a sanctuary... Before the change in leadership in the end of issue #1.

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    I've been cringing a lot with X-Men stories recently but this recent "make the mutant haters like trump" angle has gotten a little out there.

I'm reading uncanny xmen #11 and theres that line at the hate rally about "what do you say to parent whose kids have been killed by the government (really?) and or deported"

The part about people's kids apparently being straight up killed by the us government and your average joe being aware of it is dumb enough, but the part about deportation is just ridiculous.

Deported where exactly? Its It's not like immigrants where there is a country you can ship them back to.

Not to mention its be hella illegal anyway on every level (the implication is that these kids are American born).

Did they restart genosha?

My suspension of disbelief is being threatened....
    Oh where do you live? I'm America black kids are killed unjustifiably by cops/citizen and it's business as usual. ICE deports kids well under 18 regularly by themselves or with younger siblings

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh where do you live? I'm America black kids are killed unjustifiably by cops/citizen and it's business as usual. ICE deports kids well under 18 regularly by themselves or with younger siblings
    Or the kids in cages at the southern border dying or going missing with zero records.

They didn't bother with a decent explanation under Guggs. Why start thinking things through now?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Probably a nice euphemism for concentration camps, or maybe genetic research labs if they aren't killed outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    They didn't bother with a decent explanation under Guggs. Why start thinking things through now?
    I didn't read Gold. There was a deportation going on?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It was one of the "solutions" his think tank villain was proposing. And one of the immediate questions on the rrader side was "Um? Deport them to where?" XD

Some politician tried to pass some legislation, but Kitty was able to put a stop to it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It was one of the "solutions" his think tank villain was proposing. And one of the immediate questions on the rrader side was "Um? Deport them to where?" XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Some politician tried to pass some legislation, but Kitty was able to put a stop to it.
    But...they never said where? No one even went unoriginal and try to pull an MST3K?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.