Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Reading Uncanny 11 was pretty much saying that DoFP is now inevitable in the 616 universe. The United States government is rounding up mutants for experimentation and execution!! That's so completely bleak. Other countries are doing the same worldwide, most countries have made the cure 100% mandatory for all children.

I wonder how they are playing this out, did X-Man taking away most of the X-Men also take away any hope for the world, did he take something out of the world that is now causing people in 616 to actually hate more than ever.

Ruth's death was horribly handled, in the portrayal of the story it was saying that every possible future she looked at ended in pain and despair for her, that there was no escape from that future except to take her own life. It's like all of the hope has gone out of the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    To the moon. To live with the Inhumans
    Truly a fate worse than death. Though at the same time I’d love to see mutants showing up at the Inhuman’s doorstep for refuge being like “Your fart cloud almost killed our species. You owe us!”

Back to Limbo.

Disneyland.

Seriously though, I hadn't thought about that actually.

Would it kill the writers to give mutants some hope? At some point people will stop caring or lose interest.

Narnia? Hogwarts? Ferelden? Who knows?

I don't think Rosenberg has worked that much out yet.

I'd personally like to see the rebirth of New Tian. Emma has the clout and funds to pull that off.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 02-06-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe New Tian was re-established? Mutants were sent there in Secret Empire.
    New Tian was like all of California

What world government would allow the consolidation of power that simply deporting mutants would allow for?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It's pretty obvious they're referring to non-US Citizens being deported to their country of origin/citizenship.

It's also pretty obvious that mutants being killed by the government is a metaphor for children dying in custody at the border camps, young black men being executed by piss-pant and/or corrupt LEOs, and minorities dying in police custody under extremely suspicious (at best) circumstances.

In other words, is it so hard to believe the government has killed mutants in this new racist flats can era? And that the Average Joe knows about it and accepts--no, justifies it? It's happening right now in real-life, and the persecuted lot doesn't have mutant powers.

This thread can be closed now -- questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Narnia? Hogwarts? Ferelden? Who knows?

I don't think Rosenberg has worked that much out yet.

I'd personally like to see the rebirth of New Tian. Emma has the clout and funds to pull that off.
    Wouldn't that be just as bad as Genosha? I mean, at that point you're just gathering a bunch of mutants into one spot making for an easier target. It'd be like Genosha 2 Sentinel Boogaloo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wouldn't that be just as bad as Genosha? I mean, at that point you're just gathering a bunch of mutants into one spot making for an easier target. It'd be like Genosha 2 Sentinel Boogaloo.
    That's a risk for any Nation and they aren't defenseless. editorial just likes to make them stand still and die.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think some of Rosenberg's story decisions in Disassembled and the latest issues are really unwise considering how fragile the "mutant as (class target of bigotry)" allegory is when you push it in certain directions. Saying that X-Men are getting deported out of nowhere is bewildering.

I think you could write a decent and nuanced story that compared an international system where your lot in life is wholly decided by the borders that you/your parents were born in to the fate of being born a mutant, but randomly saying mutants are being deported and calling fascism is not that story.

Norman Osborn mentioned that some politicians were thinking of placing them in a concentration camp in Canada but Emma joining the Cabal shelved the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It's pretty obvious they're referring to non-US Citizens being deported to their country of origin/citizenship.

It's also pretty obvious that mutants being killed by the government is a metaphor for children dying in custody at the border camps, young black men being executed by piss-pant and/or corrupt LEOs, and minorities dying in police custody under extremely suspicious (at best) circumstances.

In other words, is it so hard to believe the government has killed mutants in this new racist flats can era? And that the Average Joe knows about it and accepts--no, justifies it? It's happening right now in real-life, and the persecuted lot doesn't have mutant powers.

This thread can be closed now -- questions answered.
    This

10 char

Wasn't the government imprisoning mutant children in a detention centers in X-Men Black Magneto?