Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Reading Uncanny 11 was pretty much saying that DoFP is now inevitable in the 616 universe. The United States government is rounding up mutants for experimentation and execution!! That's so completely bleak. Other countries are doing the same worldwide, most countries have made the cure 100% mandatory for all children.

I wonder how they are playing this out, did X-Man taking away most of the X-Men also take away any hope for the world, did he take something out of the world that is now causing people in 616 to actually hate more than ever.

Ruth's death was horribly handled, in the portrayal of the story it was saying that every possible future she looked at ended in pain and despair for her, that there was no escape from that future except to take her own life. It's like all of the hope has gone out of the 616 universe.
    I do not believe this.

The problem is that X-men have gone through a number of similar situations so they always need to raise the level on the despair scale otherwise readers will not take the threat seriously.

Some are saying that the current situation is worse than decimation or inhuman cloud which is not true .

First it only seems worse because most X-men are absent but they are not dead.

Second the cure is a trap is not what it seems so no mutant will lose their powers at the end of this story.

Third the killings are to give a dark tone and shock the reader but this is not news how many times we see mutants die and then come back to life as if nothing had happened ?

Loa is the only one who might be loss but for sure Blindfold will return faster than people imagine.

In short the inhuman mist, the Legacy Virus, decimation were much worse threats because they did not have an easy solution.

In that case on the present threat as soon as the X-men come back and the truth about the cure is revealed, everything will return to normal because it's just a matter of punching the villain and revealing the truth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Would it kill the writers to give mutants some hope? At some point people will stop caring or lose interest.
    This issue was sort of hopeful...sort of...
    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I think some of Rosenberg's story decisions in Disassembled and the latest issues are really unwise considering how fragile the "mutant as (class target of bigotry)" allegory is when you push it in certain directions. Saying that X-Men are getting deported out of nowhere is bewildering.

I think you could write a decent and nuanced story that compared an international system where your lot in life is wholly decided by the borders that you/your parents were born in to the fate of being born a mutant, but randomly saying mutants are being deported and calling fascism is not that story.
    I agree that often the "mutants as minorities" allegory isn't done well, but this isn't one of those times. Deporting mutants would be a logical choice for people who are racist, but who don't think that creating an army of killer giant robots is the answer. You also have the fact that a good number of mutants might be refugees, illegal and legal.

And like all good allegories, I think this one actually creates some good points of discussion.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I didn't read Gold. There was a deportation going on?
    Some politician in Gold was trying to get foreign mutants deported as Digifiend mentioned.
    I think Guggs wrote a scene where Kitty was like "you can't deport local mutants" too.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This issue was sort of hopeful...sort of...

I agree that often the "mutants as minorities" allegory isn't done well, but this isn't one of those times. Deporting mutants would be a logical choice for people who are racist, but who don't think that creating an army of killer giant robots is the answer. You also have the fact that a good number of mutants might be refugees, illegal and legal.

And like all good allegories, I think this one actually creates some good points of discussion.
    But reporting illegal Mutants wouldn’t actually be a ‘point’ for cyclops to make about ‘mutant oppression,’ because it’s something that happens to human frequently. And given the state of the marvel world, why would mutant refugees even want to come to the US? And if their deporting US mutant, that’s not want deport means...

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I do not believe this.

The problem is that X-men have gone through a number of similar situations so they always need to raise the level on the despair scale otherwise readers will not take the threat seriously.

Some are saying that the current situation is worse than decimation or inhuman cloud which is not true .

First it only seems worse because most X-men are absent but they are not dead.

Second the cure is a trap is not what it seems so no mutant will lose their powers at the end of this story.

Third the killings are to give a dark tone and shock the reader but this is not news how many times we see mutants die and then come back to life as if nothing had happened ?

Loa is the only one who might be loss but for sure Blindfold will return faster than people imagine.

In short the inhuman mist, the Legacy Virus, decimation were much worse threats because they did not have an easy solution.

In that case on the present threat as soon as the X-men come back and the truth about the cure is revealed, everything will return to normal because it's just a matter of punching the villain and revealing the truth.
    I must have missed the part where Moon Girl made an easy button to stop the most clouds. That sure seemed pretty easy to me.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    To the moon. To live with the Inhumans
    Considering there are only about 10 of them left, they might enjoy the company.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Considering there are only about 10 of them left, they might enjoy the company.
    That's an inhumanly degree of #shade

lol

Deport them where? Pretty sure 616 Russia would accept all the mutants on offer and brainwash them into super soldiers like Omega Red or Winter Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    My suspension of disbelief is being threatened....
    From what I'm hearing, the story sounds all too timely, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)