Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I think that would be a very big departure, honestly it's more likely that Zeus attempted to get to Cassie when she was younger and that her mother refused his help.
    It is only big if Lennox is deemed important. Since he is pretty much written out by current Wonder Woman lore and doesn't really play a big role in Cassie's life, I can't say it is that big a departure. It doesn't really change the relation between Cassie and Diana, nor the one between Cassie and Zeus, nor the one between Casse and her mom.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    A big retcon wouldn't be impossible. I mean I've understood Bendis likes to ignore previous continuity.

I think it's possible Cassie's mother is daughter of Zeus now.
    I have to say that this is the idea which I absolutely dont believe....

I personally believe more that Cassie is now half and half Pre-Flashpoint and NEW52..

This would explain why she has now powers, why she recognizes Bart etc.
    You could also say this SUDDEN return of her memories etc. caused the trauma, because she now remembers her fallen friends, her missing friends etc.

This actually happened to a lot of people like Wally who was heartbroken because he remembered his kids and his wife and he searched for Iris West II and Jai West..

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    It is only big if Lennox is deemed important. Since he is pretty much written out by current Wonder Woman lore and doesn't really play a big role in Cassie's life, I can't say it is that big a departure. It doesn't really change the relation between Cassie and Diana, nor the one between Cassie and Zeus, nor the one between Casse and her mom.
    I wouldnt say that it would depend on who is now her father etc.

If for example Jason is now her father, this would mean that now Diana AND Cassie are both also related to ZEUS AND!!! Hippolyta..and it could also change Diana/Cassie relationship and Cassies powers..

But I think its more likely that she is now a half NEW52 and a half Pre-Flashpoint Cassie, which would explain a lot..

I doubt her father is still Lennox, as I'm pretty sure he doesn't exist anymore but having Helena being Zeus' daughter raises a lot of new questions, especially since as a demi-god herself Helena would be much more capable of controlling her daughter. But if this turns out to be true I look forward to seeing how Bendis writes Helena as a daughter of Zeus and how it ties in with the wonder woman mythos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    But I think its more likely that she is now a half NEW52 and a half Pre-Flashpoint Cassie, which would explain a lot..
    How Cassie can be half New52 and half Pre-Flashpoint?

Even if Zeus knows Helena (as his son's lover), that isn't Pre-Flashpoint continuity. That would be a new continuity.

No need for spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, folks.

Because the quote implies that Zeus knows Cassie's mother first-hand. It's far from conclusive, of course, but it's at least an interesting take on Cassie's family.
    I was thinking this same thing, about her mother being the goddess now, and not Lennox (or I guess it could be Ares, or Hermes as a father. But I think it also depends on whether the God Hunter storyline in Wonder Woman is still fully canon.)

I think we're getting an amalgamated origin with Cassie, with some significant changes... and the Nu52 version is out, completely (almost everyone's Nu52 version is at least partially, if not fully retconned.) I believe all of these continuity adjustments stem from the soft reboot in the Superman books. Nobody really mentioned it specifically in any of the other books, yet it still happened.

Also, I am loving this version of Cassie so far. She's back to her original personality.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Young Justice #2 made me almost wish Bendis were writing Wonder Woman instead of Superman. While the fight with Desparo was hard to believe, it was a genuine feat although an overblown one. He's also managed to condense Cassie down to her strongest selling points, as well as provide interesting characterization for her.

It's my hope that Lennox still is her father because it opens up Wonder Woman's world to more possibilities and includes her in the timeline shenanigans of Doomsday Clock and Superman Reborn.

I for one won't miss Lennox. Her being Jason's daughter might add some layers to his character, but I also wouldn't miss him if he was never brought up again, either.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I for one won't miss Lennox. Her being Jason's daughter might add some layers to his character, but I also wouldn't miss him if he was never brought up again, either.
    Same. Though I've come to appreciate Lennox a bit more after experiencing Jason...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Im missing how people are thinking that Lennox can no longer be Cassie's father. Rucka didn't negate everything in Azzerello's run, from what I understood, just the island based stories. I was under the impression that everything else happened. (Donna Troy tho still has to be answered for if the entire island was a sham how is she what they claim her to be, that's an entirely different thread though.)
    As for Cassie being Jason's daughter or Lennox' doesn't really matter as one had almost zero depth to his character and the other had almost zero positive added to his character. With Lennox being dead now, it's a moot point and one that doesn't necessarily have to be fleshed out any further than he was an absentee father. He doesn't need any further story definition outside of Cassie perhaps wanting to understand more about herself which she could find through her other family members (i.e. Diana, the Pantheon, her mother.)
    If they retool it to her being Jason's daughter (which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility as Robinson painted him as a bit of a player and her mother was a travelling archaeologist, it does lend for future stories between her and the unfortunate but inevitable return of her father and pulls her more squarely into Diana's immediate family. Handled well, this could be quite good, but Jason has such negative connotations associated with him, it is also the least viable...which means it will be in print by May probably. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Cassie single-handedly beat Despero?

I mean, I love Cassie, so cool, but...I see Bendis' issues with power levels is still a thing .
    end of spoilers
    Given that OG Cassie once won a fist fight against Devastation? I'd say she's been nearly as powerful as WW for quite a while.

Also, people often overstate how much of a brick Despero is. His physical strength is not normally Kryptonian level.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    How Cassie can be half New52 and half Pre-Flashpoint?
    Superman Reborn. That event erased the New 52 Kon and Bart, along with the entire events of New 52 Teen Titans (the first run anyway). Cassie may have been merged the same way Clark and Lois were. Also, at around the same time, it was revealed that New 52 Wonder Woman's backstory was fake, which means that both Donna's and Cassie's pasts are phoney as well. We can safely assume that pre-Flashpoint stuff was real and New 52 was not. However, certain elements have been kept, like Cassie being Zeus's granddaughter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    1. The lasso hasn't shown any powers yet.
    2.I think that its the public who doesn't remember her, since she talks about wanting to speak to WW. DC's continuity is a mess right now so there is a possibility that nobody remembers Cassie for some reason.
    3.She has her own powers now.
    4.I don't know much about Despero,so I have no idea about his power level.
    5. Cassie's trauma hasn't been revealed yet.
    6. I don't think this is New 52 Cassie.Bendis basically rebooted her.

The weird thing is that we have no idea when this book is taking place. Bendis has said that its part of the current continuity(whatever that is) but Cassie talks about a New Outsiders team and Beast Boy being on the Teen Titans. Currently BB is with the Titans and the Outsiders haven't existed since before the New 52(they were supposed to be getting a book but I think its been cancelled or delayed for a while now). Either Cassie was referencing BB's time with the TT during the New 52 and afterwards or BB rejoins the TT in the future.
    Bendis wrote it expecting Batman and the Outsiders to have launched already, and the Teen Titans Beast Boy is on must be the Titans Giant (Walmart) version of the team. When THAT is set is uncertain (Tim is Robin there - so I'd guess before the current rosters launched but after the Rebirth teams disbanded?), but Bendis debuted Jinny Hex in his Batman Giant story.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman Reborn. That event erased the New 52 Kon and Bart, along with the entire events of New 52 Teen Titans (the first run anyway). Cassie may have been merged the same way Clark and Lois were. Also, at around the same time, it was revealed that New 52 Wonder Woman's backstory was fake, which means that both Donna's and Cassie's pasts are phoney as well. We can safely assume that pre-Flashpoint stuff was real and New 52 was not. However, certain elements have been kept, like Cassie being Zeus's granddaughter.
    Although it's true that New52 Teen Titans stories doesn't seem to exist anymore, I'm not really sure Pre-Flashpoint stories have returned.

It seems a new continuity (somewhat similar to Pre-Flashpoint, but not equal) is created for these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I want a few parts of Azzarello's run to still exist. Most specifically the evil Amazons, their island and their queen. They make great foils for the real Themyscirans and Hippolyta. Along with that goes some of the gods' depictions as well as Lennox, Milan, Cassandra and Strife. Everything would be on the table going forward if I were the writer, including Jason as a true villain and the son of blond Hippolyta and Zeus. He'd be Diana's mystical alternate reality "twin" and she'd still be made from clay. It would make Wonder Woman's world more expansive and layered, while also tying in Cassie and Donna's botched origins, but that's just me.