Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Eugh! Why does every Wonder Family character have to have a convoluted, unnecessarily complex and continuously rebooted origin story?

At least this Cassie, whatever her origins, seems like a competent and kick azz character who has some kind of a connection to and relationship with Diana!

Zeus says that the amulet forms with the bracelets and lasso to form a "Trinity". Does this mean Diana has her own amulet she has yet to claim?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Zeus says that the amulet forms with the bracelets and lasso to form a "Trinity". Does this mean Diana has her own amulet she has yet to claim?
    Tiara, Lasso, Bracelets?

Honestly it would be great if there was that much communication between the teams at DC but based on previous experience it is unlikely.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I want a few parts of Azzarello's run to still exist. Most specifically the evil Amazons, their island and their queen. They make great foils for the real Themyscirans and Hippolyta. Along with that goes some of the gods' depictions as well as Lennox, Milan, Cassandra and Strife. Everything would be on the table going forward if I were the writer, including Jason as a true villain and the son of blond Hippolyta and Zeus. He'd be Diana's mystical alternate reality "twin" and she'd still be made from clay. It would make Wonder Woman's world more expansive and layered, while also tying in Cassie and Donna's botched origins, but that's just me.
    Do you think Azz's Amazons would work as the Amazons who worshiped Mars that Nubia came from in the 1970s? They were more militant and nasty. The more tribes of Amazons the better, I say, especially if they're going to continue with the idea that Diana can't return to her mother's Amazons.

I would prefer none of the New 52 era to be used in the current stories.

DC was willing to let Rucka crap on everything Azzarello had done to get him back on board ? Well, they have to deal with it and let New 52 WW be an Elseworld-like/lite title now.

No Lennox, no First Born, no relation with Kal-El, nothing from the New 52 can be canon, Rucka made sure of it. So better Bendis craft something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I would prefer none of the New 52 era to be used in the current stories.

DC was willing to let Rucka crap on everything Azzarello had done to get him back on board ? Well, they have to deal with it and let New 52 WW be an Elseworld-like/lite title now.

No Lennox, no First Born, no relation with Kal-El, nothing from the New 52 can be canon, Rucka made sure of it. So better Bendis craft something new.
    DC had asked Rucka to get rid of all the Azz stuff. And the Finches had crapped on the New 52 anyways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Eugh! Why does every Wonder Family character have to have a convoluted, unnecessarily complex and continuously rebooted origin story?

At least this Cassie, whatever her origins, seems like a competent and kick azz character who has some kind of a connection to and relationship with Diana!
    Writers at DC like things to be more complicated than necessary.

DC had asked Rucka to get rid of all the Azz stuff. And the Finches had crapped on the New 52 anyways.
    All but daddy!Zeus. As long as DC keeps insisting on that, they have a giant mark on them that says "doesn't get Wonder Woman".

Wasn't Zeus killed during the Jason storyline?

I admit, I'm very confused in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Wasn't Zeus killed during the Jason storyline?

I admit, I'm very confused in that regard.
    Yep. An editor's note says this sequence happened before that issue.

Yep. An editor's note says this sequence happened before that issue.
    Ah, thank you! I must have missed that

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Do you think Azz's Amazons would work as the Amazons who worshiped Mars that Nubia came from in the 1970s? They were more militant and nasty. The more tribes of Amazons the better, I say, especially if they're going to continue with the idea that Diana can't return to her mother's Amazons.
    Exactly! Nubia's Amazons and Marvel's Femizons are where I got the idea that they should stick around. It gives DC their evil "Amazons Attack" squad that are different from the Bana, where they can tell all the depraved Amazon stories they want, without sullying up Wonder Woman and the Themyscirans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I for one won't miss Lennox. Her being Jason's daughter might add some layers to his character, but I also wouldn't miss him if he was never brought up again, either.
    I agree, Lennox was okay, but not the most interesting of characters. The less said about a Jason, the better.

If you want evil Amazons I think Alkyone and her Circle are the best choice. They don't have the played out misandrist motivation and prove the clay origin has good stories behind it (though unfortunately that isn't in play).