Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    If they keep Helena as her mother, I'm guessing Heracles as the father, unless we have a divine birth of sorts from Helena's head a la Athena. (Which, in a way, would be awful as it's a solo mom tale thematically like Hippolyta with clay creating Diana.)

    The editor's note is interesting in that in Wonder Woman the gods are dying and being reborn. I wonder how long it will take for Zeus, Heracles, and Poseidon, from recent DCU events, to take the stage again.

    I wouldn't necessarily be put out by Heracles being her father as I've long wanted him to play some kind of role in the book. (Why should Marvel have all the fun.)

    I wonder if we'll ever get any "auntie" time between Cassie and Diana, Athena, and Aphrodite. I'm trying to recall in the most recent issues if Ares or Athena referred to Diana as sister.

    The Zeus parentage was fun pre-DCnU, but I almost could have gone for Cassie gaining her superpowers as she originally did from magical items. It seems some of that is still at play with Bendis's trinity of accessories.

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you want evil Amazons I think Alkyone and her Circle are the best choice. They don't have the played out misandrist motivation and prove the clay origin has good stories behind it (though unfortunately that isn't in play).
    I disagree, they serve to voice the viewpoint that the clay origin somehow makes you a lesser being for it.

  3. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I disagree, they serve to voice the viewpoint that the clay origin somehow makes you a lesser being for it.
    A viewpoint that is proven as wrong throughout the story.




    Even then, I feel my point still stands.

  4. #49
    Astonishing Member LordUltimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A viewpoint that is proven as wrong throughout the story.




    Even then, I feel my point still stands.
    Wait, I think I got confused, I'm thinking of those Amazons that made the New 52 Donna. My bad.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If you want evil Amazons I think Alkyone and her Circle are the best choice. They don't have the played out misandrist motivation and prove the clay origin has good stories behind it (though unfortunately that isn't in play).
    What exactly was their motivation? It never made sense to me that they were Hippolyta's private guards that loved her so much they held her hostage so they could confront her "dragon" daughter.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I for one won't miss Lennox. Her being Jason's daughter might add some layers to his character, but I also wouldn't miss him if he was never brought up again, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Im missing how people are thinking that Lennox can no longer be Cassie's father. Rucka didn't negate everything in Azzerello's run, from what I understood, just the island based stories. I was under the impression that everything else happened. (Donna Troy tho still has to be answered for if the entire island was a sham how is she what they claim her to be, that's an entirely different thread though.)
    As for Cassie being Jason's daughter or Lennox' doesn't really matter as one had almost zero depth to his character and the other had almost zero positive added to his character. With Lennox being dead now, it's a moot point and one that doesn't necessarily have to be fleshed out any further than he was an absentee father. He doesn't need any further story definition outside of Cassie perhaps wanting to understand more about herself which she could find through her other family members (i.e. Diana, the Pantheon, her mother.)
    If they retool it to her being Jason's daughter (which wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility as Robinson painted him as a bit of a player and her mother was a travelling archaeologist, it does lend for future stories between her and the unfortunate but inevitable return of her father and pulls her more squarely into Diana's immediate family. Handled well, this could be quite good, but Jason has such negative connotations associated with him, it is also the least viable...which means it will be in print by May probably. lol.
    I have to say I like the idea of her being Jasons daughter, because so she could develop powers similar to Jasons and get an unique character...

    It would be cool if she could also use electrokinesis, this would make her a really cool character..

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    The Zeus parentage was fun pre-DCnU, but I almost could have gone for Cassie gaining her superpowers as she originally did from magical items. It seems some of that is still at play with Bendis's trinity of accessories.
    I personally really HATE the idea of Cassie gaining Powers from magical Items.....Then everyone could simply use this magical items and she would be made unnecessary weaker than Diana and Donna...

    I was always the fan of the idea of putting Cassie in the middle of Donna and Diana...

    So Diana as strongest one, because she is daughter of Hippolyta, then Cassie because she also like Diana has a relationship with Zeus and then Donna as the weakest one, because she is just simply a copy, not having really Demi-god blood in her...



    I would also really love to see a future where Cassie and Conner have a daughter..

    I mean it would be very cool to see a half-Amazon, half Kryptonian Daughter....Yes I know that there is already Superman/Wonder Woman daughter, but I have to say I like the idea of a Cassie/Conner daughter more...

  7. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    What exactly was their motivation? It never made sense to me that they were Hippolyta's private guards that loved her so much they held her hostage so they could confront her "dragon" daughter.
    That was their motivation. They saw Diana as an abomination and wanted to kill her. It's fanaticism. It isn't supposed to make sense to a rational person.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I personally really HATE the idea of Cassie gaining Powers from magical Items.....Then everyone could simply use this magical items and she would be made unnecessary weaker than Diana and Donna...

    I was always the fan of the idea of putting Cassie in the middle of Donna and Diana...

    So Diana as strongest one, because she is daughter of Hippolyta, then Cassie because she also like Diana has a relationship with Zeus and then Donna as the weakest one, because she is just simply a copy, not having really Demi-god blood in her...
    This reminds me of Querl Dox's rules for LOSH membership. "If you rely on gadgets that can be stolen don't bother applying." BUT, if the gadget was cool enough Dox might buy it from you for Legion use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •