Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1

    Default Cassie in Young Justice 2 [SPOILERS]

    spoilers:
    Cassie is shown beating on Despero afterwards Zeus shows up (not sure how cassie recognised him) and they have a nice chat where Zeus offers her an amulet of power. Cassie turns it down as she want to earn her own place. Zeus calls her annoying and leaves. Interestingly Cassie has now fully taken the name Wonder girl she has gauntlets and a lasso gifted to here from the gods and apparently talks to wonder woman. In terms of what is canon or not I have not idea, Cassie seems surprised that no one remembers her which is understandable, it is strange considering how much press she and the others got in TT.
    end of spoilers


    There's a lot more to discuss in this issue as Cassie is the main focus.


    Capture3.jpg
    Last edited by lucius121; 02-06-2019 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    spoilers:
    Cassie is shown beating on Despero afterwards Zeus shows up (not sure how cassie recognised him) and they have a nice chat where Zeus offers her an amulet of power. Cassie turns it down as she want to earn her own place. Zeus calls her annoying and leaves. Interestingly Cassie has now fully taken the name Wonder girl she has gauntlets and a lasso gifted to here from the gods and apparently talks to wonder woman. In terms of what is canon or not I have not idea, Cassie seems surprised that no one remembers her which is understandable, it is strange considering how much press she and the others got in TT.
    end of spoilers


    There's a lot more to discuss in this issue as Cassie is the main focus.


    Capture3.jpg
    Most writers are ignoring the New 52 TT run. Either that or the fact that no one remembers Cassie is actually a relevant plot point. I think she dodged a bullet by turning down the 'gift' though.

  3. #3
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    spoilers:
    Cassie is shown beating on Despero afterwards Zeus shows up (not sure how cassie recognised him) and they have a nice chat where Zeus offers her an amulet of power. Cassie turns it down as she want to earn her own place. Zeus calls her annoying and leaves. Interestingly Cassie has now fully taken the name Wonder girl she has gauntlets and a lasso gifted to here from the gods and apparently talks to wonder woman. In terms of what is canon or not I have not idea, Cassie seems surprised that no one remembers her which is understandable, it is strange considering how much press she and the others got in TT.
    end of spoilers


    spoilers:
    I dont get it: 1. Do they show which powers does the Lasso have or its just a random Lasso like in Young Justice TV Series? So unbreakable but without draining life-force or using Zeus Energy?
    2. You say no one remembers her, but later you say she is talking to Wonder Woman? So the PUBLIC don't remember her, but Wonder Woman did or? Or did this happen long time ago, BEFORE the Time-Revision?
    3. Does she have now powers on her own and not anymore Powers because of the Armour? I mean we are still talking about the NEW52 Version..
    4. DESPERO?? Really? I mean Despero is usually shown to be on pairs with Kryptonians etc. So this means Cassie is quite powerful on her own now...
    5. Do they show why she is reluctant to use her powers? It was said that she had a trauma or so...
    6. If she is the NEW52 Version, WHY does she remembers IMPULSE? NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint Cassie have both met Tim and a Version of Conner, but NEW52 Cassie has only met Bar Torr or did she mistake Bart with Bar Torr?
    end of spoilers

    So I think we have to wait until March/April/May to get all answers..

  4. #4
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    spoilers:
    I dont get it: 1. Do they show which powers does the Lasso have or its just a random Lasso like in Young Justice TV Series? So unbreakable but without draining life-force or using Zeus Energy?
    2. You say no one remembers her, but later you say she is talking to Wonder Woman? So the PUBLIC don't remember her, but Wonder Woman did or? Or did this happen long time ago, BEFORE the Time-Revision?
    3. Does she have now powers on her own and not anymore Powers because of the Armour? I mean we are still talking about the NEW52 Version..
    4. DESPERO?? Really? I mean Despero is usually shown to be on pairs with Kryptonians etc. So this means Cassie is quite powerful on her own now...
    5. Do they show why she is reluctant to use her powers? It was said that she had a trauma or so...
    6. If she is the NEW52 Version, WHY does she remembers IMPULSE? NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint Cassie have both met Tim and a Version of Conner, but NEW52 Cassie has only met Bar Torr or did she mistake Bart with Bar Torr?
    end of spoilers

    So I think we have to wait until March/April/May to get all answers..
    spoilers:
    1. The lasso hasn't shown any powers yet.
    2.I think that its the public who doesn't remember her, since she talks about wanting to speak to WW. DC's continuity is a mess right now so there is a possibility that nobody remembers Cassie for some reason.
    3.She has her own powers now.
    4.I don't know much about Despero,so I have no idea about his power level.
    5. Cassie's trauma hasn't been revealed yet.
    6. I don't think this is New 52 Cassie.Bendis basically rebooted her.

    The weird thing is that we have no idea when this book is taking place. Bendis has said that its part of the current continuity(whatever that is) but Cassie talks about a New Outsiders team and Beast Boy being on the Teen Titans. Currently BB is with the Titans and the Outsiders haven't existed since before the New 52(they were supposed to be getting a book but I think its been cancelled or delayed for a while now). Either Cassie was referencing BB's time with the TT during the New 52 and afterwards or BB rejoins the TT in the future.
    end of spoilers

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2,026

    Default

    [QUOTE=lucius121;4182713]spoilers:
    Cassie is shown beating on Despero afterwards Zeus shows up (not sure how cassie recognised him) and they have a nice chat where Zeus offers her an amulet of power. Cassie turns it down as she want to earn her own place. Zeus calls her annoying and leaves. Interestingly Cassie has now fully taken the name Wonder girl she has gauntlets and a lasso gifted to here from the gods and apparently talks to wonder woman. In terms of what is canon or not I have not idea, Cassie seems surprised that no one remembers her which is understandable, it is strange considering how much press she and the others got in TT.
    There's a lot more to discuss in this issue as Cassie is the main focus.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    "Devastates"? Oh boy.... foreshadowing or just random wordplay?
    end of spoilers

  6. #6

    Default

    spoilers:
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    1. The lasso hasn't shown any powers yet.
    2.I think that its the public who doesn't remember her, since she talks about wanting to speak to WW. DC's continuity is a mess right now so there is a possibility that nobody remembers Cassie for some reason.
    3.She has her own powers now.
    4.I don't know much about Despero,so I have no idea about his power level.
    5. Cassie's trauma hasn't been revealed yet.
    6. I don't think this is New 52 Cassie.Bendis basically rebooted her.

    The weird thing is that we have no idea when this book is taking place. Bendis has said that its part of the current continuity(whatever that is) but Cassie talks about a New Outsiders team and Beast Boy being on the Teen Titans. Currently BB is with the Titans and the Outsiders haven't existed since before the New 52(they were supposed to be getting a book but I think its been cancelled or delayed for a while now). Either Cassie was referencing BB's time with the TT during the New 52 and afterwards or BB rejoins the TT in the future.
    I agree I think Bendis has done a soft reboot, and silent armour and nu52 history is gone.

    This is definitely in main continuity we see the editors note indicate it.
    Capture4.jpg
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by lucius121; 02-06-2019 at 09:27 AM.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    I like Bendis ďvoiceĒ for Casís, I feel like heís got a good handle on her. spoilers:
    This was also probably the most meaningful Zeus interaction Iíve ever seen. It was cool to see Cass reject Zeus offer in YJ today, wanting to go her own way
    end of spoilers

  8. #8
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Something about Cassie origin I find curious:

    spoilers:


    Zeus said "You're a giant pain, Cassie Sandsmark ... Just like your mother".


    So, I think it's possible Cassie's mother is the daughter of Zeus this time.
    end of spoilers

  9. #9
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    36,391

    Default

    spoilers:
    Cassie single-handedly beat Despero?

    I mean, I love Cassie, so cool, but...I see Bendis' issues with power levels is still a thing .
    end of spoilers

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Something about Cassie origin I find curious:

    spoilers:


    Zeus said "You're a giant pain, Cassie Sandsmark ... Just like your mother".


    So, I think it's possible Cassie's mother is the daughter of Zeus this time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How'd you come to that conclusion? Zeus could simply be saying Cassie is a lot like her mother in personality.
    end of spoilers

  11. #11
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    spoilers:
    1. The lasso hasn't shown any powers yet.
    2.I think that its the public who doesn't remember her, since she talks about wanting to speak to WW. DC's continuity is a mess right now so there is a possibility that nobody remembers Cassie for some reason.
    3.She has her own powers now.
    4.I don't know much about Despero,so I have no idea about his power level.
    5. Cassie's trauma hasn't been revealed yet.
    6. I don't think this is New 52 Cassie.Bendis basically rebooted her.

    The weird thing is that we have no idea when this book is taking place. Bendis has said that its part of the current continuity(whatever that is) but Cassie talks about a New Outsiders team and Beast Boy being on the Teen Titans. Currently BB is with the Titans and the Outsiders haven't existed since before the New 52(they were supposed to be getting a book but I think its been cancelled or delayed for a while now). Either Cassie was referencing BB's time with the TT during the New 52 and afterwards or BB rejoins the TT in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    spoilers:
    1. The lasso hasn't shown any powers yet.
    2.I think that its the public who doesn't remember her, since she talks about wanting to speak to WW. DC's continuity is a mess right now so there is a possibility that nobody remembers Cassie for some reason.
    3.She has her own powers now.
    4.I don't know much about Despero,so I have no idea about his power level.
    5. Cassie's trauma hasn't been revealed yet.
    6. I don't think this is New 52 Cassie.Bendis basically rebooted her.

    The weird thing is that we have no idea when this book is taking place. Bendis has said that its part of the current continuity(whatever that is) but Cassie talks about a New Outsiders team and Beast Boy being on the Teen Titans. Currently BB is with the Titans and the Outsiders haven't existed since before the New 52(they were supposed to be getting a book but I think its been cancelled or delayed for a while now). Either Cassie was referencing BB's time with the TT during the New 52 and afterwards or BB rejoins the TT in the future.
    end of spoilers

    spoilers:

    4.Despero is MASSIVE!!!! Powerhouse..He is physically STRONGER than Wonder Woman, Superman....And he also possess telepathy,telekinetic,mind control powers..
    So he is normally someone who the WHOLE JL needs to be together to fight against, like Doomsday,Darkseid etc.
    end of spoilers

  12. #12
    Mighty Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How'd you come to that conclusion? Zeus could simply be saying Cassie is a lot like her mother in personality.
    No need for spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, folks.

    Because the quote implies that Zeus knows Cassie's mother first-hand. It's far from conclusive, of course, but it's at least an interesting take on Cassie's family.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No need for spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, folks.

    Because the quote implies that Zeus knows Cassie's mother first-hand. It's far from conclusive, of course, but it's at least an interesting take on Cassie's family.
    I think that would be a very big departure, honestly it's more likely that Zeus attempted to get to Cassie when she was younger and that her mother refused his help.

  14. #14
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No need for spoiler tags in a spoiler thread, folks.

    Because the quote implies that Zeus knows Cassie's mother first-hand. It's far from conclusive, of course, but it's at least an interesting take on Cassie's family.
    I think there are different possibilities:

    a) Lennox NEVER EXISTED and it was just a LIE which her mother told to Cassie and ZEUS is in reality her father....Just think back at Pre-Flashpoint:
    Helena NEVER told to Cassie who her father is and she even forbid Zeus and Diana to tell her that Zeus is her father..but Cassie found it out..
    So it could be possible that this was just a lie...

    b) Lennox NEVER EXISTED and it was in reality just Zeus who was disguised as a Son of himself...
    So he is Cassies Dad, but Helena and Cassie dont know this...

    c) What we see now is a MIX of Pre-Flashpoint and NEW52 Cassie
    So she is maybe 50% NEW52 Cassie and 50% Pre-Flashpoint Cassie..
    This would explain why she now has Powers, Zeus knowing her mother and she knowing Bart...

    This would explain a lot..

    d) Zeus simply met Helena and the Gods are also watching the Humans and Zeus would keep an Eye on Diana,Cassie etc.

    This would be my ideas..




    To bad that Cassie refused the amulet, I hope that she after the first adventure get another possibility to keep the amulet and this time she takes it, because she has proven herself to be worthy...

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I think that would be a very big departure, honestly it's more likely that Zeus attempted to get to Cassie when she was younger and that her mother refused his help.
    A big retcon wouldn't be impossible. I mean I've understood Bendis likes to ignore previous continuity.

    I think it's possible Cassie's mother is daughter of Zeus now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •