Thread: Cheetah Family?

Default Cheetah Family?

I was thinking about the three Cheetah's (Priscilla Rich, Deborah Domaine, and Barbara Minerva) and I thought, "Hey, why not have all of them?". Does anyone else think that having three Cheetah's coexist (though maybe not at the same time) could be interesting?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I've long thought that the Cheetahs should be a group call The Coalition(the actual name of a group of cheetahs) lead by Priscilla Rich(Cheetah Prime) consisting of:

Debbie Domaine
    Barbara Minerva
    Sebastian Bellatros
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I was thinking about the three Cheetah's (Priscilla Rich, Deborah Domaine, and Barbara Minerva) and I thought, "Hey, why not have all of them?". Does anyone else think that having three Cheetah's coexist (though maybe not at the same time) could be interesting?
    Oh yes!

Like Dr Poison, I thought there should be more than one--a small Pride, if you will.

In one of my stories, Diana does not realize the first time she fights them that are four (4) different people(although their faces are slightly different). When she fights the male Cheetah, Diana still doesn't really notice that, but she starts to look oddly at him. It is not until her second encounter with the second Cheetah that Diana knows that there are more than one! And now WW gets worried...

In a second story, one can tell the difference between all 4 Cheetahs. But Diana does not know there are 4 of them, or that there are more than one. Then she encounters the second Cheetah. That Cheetah also fights her off and gets away. Then, Diana faces the third Cheetah who also escapes. #4 commits a crime before WW gets there and is gone. Diana eerily wonders what will happen when she faces all 3 of them! How will she survive? Will she survive? But in truth, there are 4 Cheetahs! Diana did not know about #4! Bawahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Like Dr Poison, I thought there should be more than one--a small Pride, if you will.
    Wouldn't that be cheeting? And should the original Cheetah storyline be known as Cheetos?

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Female cheetahs don’t form coalitions, only male cheetahs do, just an fyi. The females are solitary

To answer the OP, I’d rather smash them together into one composite Cheetah with all of Barbara’s strength and speed, the PhDs + Priscilla’s cunning and split personality disorder

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Female cheetahs don’t form coalitions, only male cheetahs do, just an fyi. The females are solitary

To answer the OP, I’d rather smash them together into one composite Cheetah with all of Barbara’s strength and speed, the PhDs + Priscilla’s cunning and split personality disorder
    I would prefer something like this as well. I know everyone was excited about a Tomb Raider/Wonder Woman mash up a few weeks ago and I think that they can already have that if they were to mash the two cheetahs up. I think that just gave me a story idea, too bad I don't write.

One of my ideas was that Barbra was all three of those cheetahs at some point. By giving the people she thought wronged her to mafdet she would get a new life and powers

Incredible Member

I'd definitely like both Priscilla Rich (a metahuman who wears a cheetah costume, based on the Alex Ross design) and Barbara Minerva (a former human, an anthropomorphic cheetah) to be in continuity as "The Cheetah". But, beyond them both existing, I don't know how much they should be related, know each other, work together, etc.

I'm not opposed to Sebastian existing as well, as some kind of ... perverted / impure version of Barbara Minerva's Cheetah.

Each is a different character with a different origin. Just write them that way.

Priscilla Rich can be a rich socialite whose Cheetah identity is the product of her boredom and need for excitement. She looks normal, but at some point took an experimental serum to give herself the strength and speed of a cheetah(not as powerful as Barbara's divine empowerment, but far beyond a normal human)

Barbara Minerva, archaeologist who became the avatar of the Cheetah god, etc...