Incredible Member

Default Should PG and Supergirl be pals??

I’ve always thought that Supergirl and Power Girl should become friends. Both cousins of ‘their’ Superman. They are similar but different personality wise. I know there was a story years ago in a Supergirl comic that featured the two characters but I would like to see more of a friendship developed between the two women.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I’ve always thought that Supergirl and Power Girl should become friends. Both cousins of ‘their’ Superman. They are similar but different personality wise. I know there was a story years ago in a Supergirl comic that featured the two characters but I would like to see more of a friendship developed between the two women.
    I can see that type of friendship with the current versions of the character.

The original versions would have had a more interesting dynamic as Supergirl largely admired Superman and strove to be more like him while Power Girl might have had the same kind of love for her cousin but didn't want to be a chip off of his Heroic career. I'd have loved to see Pre-Crisis a meeting between the two where they discussed what PG thought of her Earth-1 counterpart taking the name Supergirl and a more subservient role as a hero. And Supergirl trying to break through the wall PG had put up around her self (you can't lie to yourself )

I think it would be kind of weird for Supergirl and Power Girl to interact since they're basically the same person but with different life experiences and ages, but I think Karen would probably try and take Kara under her wing and mentor her.