Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 64
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    What troubled me the most is that he flat out stated that he spent billions to make a suit, not to stop crime or to save people, but solely as a means of stopping his friends and fellow heroes should they go bad. It's a ridiculously wasteful contingency; to leave this superspeed suit that is armored against Superman's blows in the closet just in case something should happen with the Justice League.
    Agreed. I'm getting tired of this version of Batman. I mean I have no problem letting him have plans but it's dumb for him to go to this extreme.
    Please sign this so we can at least show DC we want Legend of Wonder Woman part 2.

    https://www.change.org/p/comic-fans-...part-2-back-on

  2. #47
    Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    601

    Default

    This thread is yet another reminder that Batman simply doesn’t work with a team ensemble, specifically a team of metas.

  3. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So your issue ISNT that the writers decide that Bruce has plans, it’s that the writers use them as a plot point to cause problems.
    My issue is that Bruce is not equipped to keep the other League members in check, let alone do it all by himself yet people keep making the argument that he is.

    Starfire attacked Superman? He just stood there unmoving while she starbolted him. She might as well have thrown a glass of water in his face. And nobody else did anything.
    Yes, she attacked him. That it had no effect is irrelevant to the fact that she not only blamed him for her friend’s death, she was willing to cause him physical injury as well. Bruce getting yelled at by a few people is nothing in comparison. And even after Tower of Babel, he had people like Tim Drake and Kyle Rayner defending him. So let’s not act like it’s poor little Bruce against the world here. The guy always has people in his corner. He just refuses to acknowledge them much of the time.

    Villains steal and the misuse things that duper heroes have all the time. Is it Supermans fault if Kryptonisn tech from his Fortress is stolen and weaponizes? Is it Wonder Woman’s fault that Genocide stole her lasso and used it to torture people?
    If it is repeatedly shown that they cannot properly secure their own weapons and tools as Batman has, then yes they do deserve some of the blame.
    Last edited by Agent Z; Yesterday at 07:06 AM.

  4. #49
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    What troubled me the most is that he flat out stated that he spent billions to make a suit, not to stop crime or to save people, but solely as a means of stopping his friends and fellow heroes should they go bad. It's a ridiculously wasteful contingency; to leave this superspeed suit that is armored against Superman's blows in the closet just in case something should happen with the Justice League.
    I would argue against that. If the Leaguers are with him, the suit is redundant. The unit is specifically reserved as resource for when he has to STOP out of control team mates.

    It's like the MCU Hulkbuster armor. Sure you could use it anytime, but it's for a very specific purpose and you don't want to be caught short when that situation arises.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    ďThe very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.Ē - the 4th Doctor

  5. #50
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would argue against that. If the Leaguers are with him, the suit is redundant. The unit is specifically reserved as resource for when he has to STOP out of control team mates.

    It's like the MCU Hulkbuster armor. Sure you could use it anytime, but it's for a very specific purpose and you don't want to be caught short when that situation arises.
    First of all, it's a moronic concept that all it takes is billions for Bruce to design and build the ultimate 'I can take out the whole league' suit.

    Secondly, the league has had multiple heavy hitters on the team at a time. To say 'they can handle it, so forget about the tens of billions I spent on this' is putting the lives of every single human in the way of Doomsday or Darkseid or the white martians or any huge, world threatening heavy hitter.

    He doesn't have to say why he made it. He doesn't have to tip his hand as to all of its features (the specific anti-superhero functions). You have a superspeed superstrong nearly indestructible suit of armor that could do so much good in what actually *is* a problem where people have died that reserving it 'just in case' is, imo, ridiculous.

  6. #51
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    First of all, it's a moronic concept that all it takes is billions for Bruce to design and build the ultimate 'I can take out the whole league' suit.
    Is it?

    All you're really doing is upgrading the design on A.M.A.Z.O.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    ďThe very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.Ē - the 4th Doctor

  7. #52
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Is it?

    All you're really doing is upgrading the design on A.M.A.Z.O.
    I'm saying Bruce Wayne isn't Ivo

  8. #53
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    If Batman has an anti-JLA suit, why doesn't he have anti-Mr. Freeze armor or Anti-Clayface suits too? How come Batman has complicated plans and technology specifically designed to fight the people that he actually fights on a normal basis?

  9. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,766

    Default

    Seriously, I'm pretty sure Arkham and Blackgate could use some of those billions he throws into Hellbats and anti-Amazon Lassos.

  10. #55
    Spectacular Member Batknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If Batman has an anti-JLA suit, why doesn't he have anti-Mr. Freeze armor or Anti-Clayface suits too? How come Batman has complicated plans and technology specifically designed to fight the people that he actually fights on a normal basis?
    I mean, he does have technology and gadgets specifically designed to deal with villains like Clayface and Mr. Freeze. Clayface is weak to freezing or electricity for example, and Batman has weapons that can exploit this weakness. Same with Freeze. Of course, he not always wearing a specific suit to deal with them all the time cause he doesn't always know he's going up against them. He'll just run into them like any villian and has to utilize what he has on hand. But he does have gear to fight them when he has time to prepare like so

    https://imgur.com/a/0toXB9G
    Last edited by Batknight; 02-13-2019 at 09:30 AM.

  11. #56
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Is it?

    All you're really doing is upgrading the design on A.M.A.Z.O.
    Which really wouldn't take that much work on Bruce's part. Not because he's necessarily brilliant beyond brilliant or anything like that, but because Ivo already did most of the work for him. Bruce would just have to customize it a little bit.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  12. #57
    Amazing Member RudHao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    They obviously cant have batman rocking super suits all the time or else hel just become a crappy Iron Man knockoff.
    Last edited by RudHao; 02-13-2019 at 12:46 PM.

  13. #58
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RudHao View Post
    They obviously cant have batman rocking super suits all the time or else hel just become a crappy Iron Man knockoff.
    Exactly.

    There is a disconnect between Batman the Dark Knight and Batman the JLA Member. The reason is that if Bruce wheeled out his JLA arsenal in Gotham there would be no drama to speak of. No point planning a six issue story arc featuring the Mad Hatter if he captures Tetch in three minutes.

    This is not particular to Batman. There is not and never will be a good reason why a guy with a cold gun is a serious threat to someone who can move at the speed of light ��
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    ďThe very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.Ē - the 4th Doctor

  14. #59
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Exactly.

    There is a disconnect between Batman the Dark Knight and Batman the JLA Member. The reason is that if Bruce wheeled out his JLA arsenal in Gotham there would be no drama to speak of. No point planning a six issue story arc featuring the Mad Hatter if he captures Tetch in three minutes.

    This is not particular to Batman. There is not and never will be a good reason why a guy with a cold gun is a serious threat to someone who can move at the speed of light ��
    He already became annoying in the eyes of many. The whole concept saying that batgod has a plan for everything is a tired thing. And his plot shield making sure he always comes out looking good, even when taking hits from people that should be able to take his head off with a casual hit is not a good look on him either. I remember when in n52 he was fine after being attackeed by an angry WW hitting him and pushing him through concrete.

  15. #60
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Exactly.

    There is a disconnect between Batman the Dark Knight and Batman the JLA Member. The reason is that if Bruce wheeled out his JLA arsenal in Gotham there would be no drama to speak of. No point planning a six issue story arc featuring the Mad Hatter if he captures Tetch in three minutes.

    This is not particular to Batman. There is not and never will be a good reason why a guy with a cold gun is a serious threat to someone who can move at the speed of light ��
    Oh yeah, absolutely.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •