Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman’s plan for Diana

One thing I’m not understanding is her fighting will tire her out. But many times it’s been shown Dina can days without getting tired. Not only that but she many times can get a hint something is wrong. This is why I kind of like new 52 idea more. That Superman is the one who has to defeat her. The nanobots is a interesting idea but still.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I’m not understanding is her fighting will tire her out. But many times it’s been shown Dina can days without getting tired. Not only that but she many times can get a hint something is wrong. This is why I kind of like new 52 idea more. That Superman is the one who has to defeat her. The nanobots is a interesting idea but still.
    I wouldnt care much for this, just because I dont see any logic in this storyline, if you think logically:

a) He says SUPERMAN is the one who has to defeat her:
    WHY not MARTIAN MANHUNTER,FLASH,SUPERGIRL/POWER GIRL,CAPTAIN ATOM,SHAZAM,SPECTRE....?????

-Martian Manhunter is as strong as she is,has telepathic powers and telekinesis AND in INJUSTICE he almost defeated her, but Superman saved her
    I see many ways in which he could EASILY win against her

-Flash isnt the obvious choice, but punching her at the Speed of Light hurt her and hurt her more than Superman could, she was once hit by Zoom and she said its stronger. So with his speed he can overpower her..

-Captain Atom has his strenght, he is very durable and he has the blasts which will hurt/kill her

-Shazam is very strong,durable and fast-I dont know if she is affected as much by magic

-Power Girl is because of her age and time who she spent under the yellow sun, the actually most powerful Kryptonian and she has already fought against Wonder Woman

-Zatanna has almost unlimited Magic Powers...

b) AND!!!! If Wonder Woman gets evil, WHY!!!! dont put the rest of the League TOGETHER??? Who said its ONE VS ONE????
    Last edited by Masterff; 02-07-2019 at 01:50 AM.

All I’m saying is that the plan made no sense. Didn’t Diana nearly beat the JL at one point. But any away why I said Superman is dc often days they are equals. But it would be better seeing all the JL take her on

I say it should have been a bit magical like an amulet that weakens Diana or magical armor that Bruce spent his money finding and infused with modern tech or maybe he makes a deal with one of the Gods (maybe Ares) to have an advantage over Diana if she either turned against humans or the Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I say it should have been a bit magical like an amulet that weakens Diana or magical armor that Bruce spent his money finding and infused with modern tech or maybe he makes a deal with one of the Gods (maybe Ares) to have an advantage over Diana if she either turned against humans or the Gods.
    Bats doesn't like messing with magic more than he absolutely has to. So, doubtful he has an amulet or something of the like in the Bat Cave.

And of the magic users, he really only seems to trust Zatanna. And that's because the two go back to before Bruce ever became Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bats doesn't like messing with magic more than he absolutely has to. So, doubtful he has an amulet or something of the like in the Bat Cave.

And of the magic users, he really only seems to trust Zatanna. And that's because the two go back to before Bruce ever became Batman.
    Batman once went on the Magic Black Market and bought an anti-magic lasso, so who the heck knows what he can/would pull.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Batman once went on the Magic Black Market and bought an anti-magic lasso, so who the heck knows what he can/would pull.
    The “Bind of Veils” wasn’t it? Which basically trapped her in an illusion that she beat him. Which is as ridiculous as having her fight numerous cheetah clones till her heart stops.

One issue I have for that fight is how violent she became. She generally tries to bind cheetah is some way or even use her fighting skills to stop her. You know pressure points or wounds. Also how does he know her heart will give out? Diana has fought for long periods of time without joe problem. Another issue wouldn’t Diana also come out with a plan dealing with the league also? Dc doesn’t like to show it maybe times but Diana is also a top strategies and tactics

Mighty Member

It just makes her look kind of dumb to keep fighting to the death. If the scenario was bad enough like a Doomsday villain then it would make sense but she shouldn't just keep fighting for the sake of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One issue I have for that fight is how violent she became. She generally tries to bind cheetah is some way or even use her fighting skills to stop her. You know pressure points or wounds. Also how does he know her heart will give out? Diana has fought for long periods of time without joe problem. Another issue wouldn’t Diana also come out with a plan dealing with the league also? Dc doesn’t like to show it maybe times but Diana is also a top strategies and tactics
    Okay, so clearly we are talking about the animated movie and not the original JLA story it was based on [and was much better, naturally].

Look, the animated movie was all kinds of dumb. It's like the evil plan of Emperor Palpatine to take over the galaxy and depends on everybody else being BREATHTAKINGLY stupid. Diana suddenly finds herself fighting a hundred exact copies of Cheetah and her only response is to keep punching. Pffft!

In the original story she is actually injected with a kind of nano-probe that attaches to her brain and feeds her sensory input of the fight while she remains otherwise unconscious. It's like dream she can't wake up from. It still plays on Diana's unwillingness to back away from the fight, but it's not the level of idiotic from the animated.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

That makes way more sense. In the story did she find out that was a dream? Was it the same kind of thing with her keep fighting until her heart gives out? Wouldn’t it be better for her to be taken out by magically means?

The animated adaption is bad. Everyone is made to look stupid and they changed the ending from the JL kicking Batman out to Batman basically flipping the bird at the League and leaving. Because God forbid Batgod actually get punished.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The animated adaption is bad. Everyone is made to look stupid and they changed the ending from the JL kicking Batman out to Batman basically flipping the bird at the League and leaving. Because God forbid Batgod actually get punished.
    To be fair, that is pretty much what did happen in the book, and frankly I always thought Bruce was right.

In a world of mind-controlling, power-stealing, body-swapping psychopaths, the League's sanctimonious outrage at him a having a PLAN to deal with them losing control was as dumb as toast.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The only things that might stop Diana for a while are a well-placed Black Mercy, the Phantom Zone, or a combatant tricked out with a host of magical Greek mythology weapons and items, and possibly some other powerful DCU artifacts.

I just don’t think nanobots is the best way to deal with Diana. Why not her lasso? Why not try to steal some of her items? I mean Diana and the Amazons artifacts are some of the most dangerous. Why not have Bruce on purpose actually have cheetah attack something to call Diana to deal with?