Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. X really turned me on to the idea of an X-team that operates off-world. Just recruit a few more members, throw a Starjammer in there, and tell Earth to piss off. All or most of the drama could come from 5-6 people being cooped up on a tiny ship in space. Gambit, Rogue, Hepzibah, Colossus, maybe one or two of the kids.

Anything to get away from Earth and its nonsense for a while. Mutant Bebop is a book I'd read for sure.
    Would love Mutant Bebop a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's time for the cyclical nature of the X-Men to stop. It's time for them to stop being thrown into the same highs and lows: no more extinction events or viruses that bring mutants closer to the brink; that's so trite and it's been done so many times that there isn't really a fresh way to accomplish it anymore. It's time for the X-Men to be a uniting force, and I think that using the basis of X-Men Red is the perfect opportunity to establish something like this: mutants gain diplomatic immunity the world over, existing in the places that they have called their homes since they were born and working alongside humans while also maintaining their own sovereignty. There is only one team of X-Men, but numerous satellites. While mutants are still different and there is still hatred throughout the world, the multiple X-Teams are working to put a stop to that and to make the world a better place for everyone involved.

Teams are as follows:

The Extraodinary X-Men are the premier team of mutant superheroes in the world. They are the council of what will be referred to as Nation X, as in the leaders that make sure that all of the cogs are moving. They have a mobile headquarters that allows them to go the world over and deal with issues that arise. Not only are they dealing with mutant issues, but they're dealing with issues that superhero teams deal with in general; just as likely as they are to battle the Brotherhood or the Acolytes or what have you, they are willing to deal with Doctor Doom or Loki. The team consists of:

Jean Grey
    Iceman
    Storm
    Gentle
    X-23
    Northstar
    Nightcrawler

Uncanny X-Men is the second half of the council of Nation X. They are the strong right hand, taking care of mutant issues, and making sure that they don't pose a threat to the nature of Nation X in the first place; largely they appear like a small, militaristic strike force with the intent to make certain that things move swimmingly. They deal with people like Mister Sinister, who seeks to experiment on mutants the world over, and the like. They also have a mobile headquarters allowing them to move where and when it is necessary for them to. The team consists of:

Cyclops
    Frenzy
    Wolverine
    Moonstar
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    Bishop

Centered in the United States, as groups like the Purifiers make their presence all the more known and dangerous, is the Mutant Underground. The Mutant Underground exists exclusively to ferry endangered mutants to other locations throughout the world where mutants are safer. X-Force is the face of their fight, going through and finding mutants that need their help while also working to prevent the apocalyptic future of the Days of Future Past at the behest of their leader, Rachel Grey-Summers. The team consists of:

Revenant (Rachel)
    Cannonball
    Boom Boom
    Rictor
    Blink (AoA)
    Warpath
    Monet

X-Factor is a team sanctioned by the United Nations to act as a halfway point between Nation X and the rest of the world. They have a government liaison (Valerie Cooper) and operate off of the formerly defunct Xavier's Sanctions Executive. They also sort of operate as a public relations team with the rest of the world, helping out where necessary with natural disasters the world over and terrorist attacks and the like. Their chief mission at the moment, however, is to track down and apprehend the multiple cells of the Mutant Liberation Front the world over. The team consists of:

Rogue
    Gambit
    Trinary
    Banshee
    Omega Sentinel
    Sunspot
    Marrow

The New Mutants are the next generation of defenders for Nation X. They've still got a significant amount of things to learn before they're entirely ready for the big leagues, and a lot of perspective that they need to gain even if they've been through a hell of a lot already in the time that they have had their powers. They're still learning, both how to be heroes and how to be heroes, and that's okay. They're also just, in general, having fun along the way. They are being taught by Emma Frost, and sheltered at the Hellfire Club's Massachusetts Academy. The team consists of:

Omega (Quentin Quire)
    Surge
    Hellion
    Pixie
    Indra
    Nature Girl

And lastly, there is The Brotherhood. Magneto's group of extremists based off planet on an asteroid the is in orbit of Earth, the new Asteroid M. The Brotherhood largely believe that mutants deserve to be the dominant species on the planet Earth, and perhaps they are right. They are directly maligned with Jean Grey and the X-Men's idea of living alongside humans in harmony, and as a result often work to do away with those particular ideals. While they are absolutely criminals as far as Earth's law goes, they present a different ideology, and one that is, for the most part, of interest to a sizable amount of mutants. The team consists of:

Magneto
    Mystique
    Toad
    Madelyne Pryor
    Azazel
    Polaris
    Sunfire
    Literally everything about this is perfect, man. Please make this real!

Incredible Member

I won't go into specifics but I agree it's time for the story to evolve. To bring Xavier's dream closer to reality, even if it will be fragile and fold at any moment.
    But have a sense of hope.
    Because if there's no hope, there's no involvement, no empathy on the reader part.
    Which means no more senseless deaths too, because it's tiring. Poor Blindfold, see you in 2 years!

oooooh Good pitch Harpsikord

I like them all,

It took me a few minutes to accept Polaris in the Brotherhood, but now that I think about it, She could be there as a 'keep the enemy close' type deal or because of a concern or to mitigate Magnetos influence and influences or even just pissed at 'stuff'

Only one gripe, I might Hulk-out and rampage at no Rockslide , he could fit into X-factor, New Mutants or the Brotherhood

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Aw, thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it, the pitch is super simple.

As far as Rockslide goes I was limiting myself to seven characters for each team, otherwise I likely would have thrown Santo as well as Victor onto the New Mutants!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Im hoping they do a lot of world building by letting their vast cast of Villains win.
    There for giving their world real consequences and the real reason for the hate and prejudiced the Mutant kind receives.

While at the same time return to out of control mutants manifestation .
    And providing sanctuary that is not the mansion.
    And some Mutant not wanting the aid of the Xmen
    Real Mutant terrorist that are not Magneto.

And more cast dynamic.

Competing with world governments for control of the Mutant race and or Agenda

Add two or three NXM cast member to each book.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 04-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Shamelessly copy my hero academia alredy won , right now there new ark and antagonist redestro and the liberation army are literary doing what Xavier will be doing in house of x.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Mr. & Mrs. X really turned me on to the idea of an X-team that operates off-world. Just recruit a few more members, throw a Starjammer in there, and tell Earth to piss off. All or most of the drama could come from 5-6 people being cooped up on a tiny ship in space. Gambit, Rogue, Hepzibah, Colossus, maybe one or two of the kids.

Anything to get away from Earth and its nonsense for a while. Mutant Bebop is a book I'd read for sure.
    Yeah I love the idea of a space team as well. I had Cyclops, Cypher and Lifeguard on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    The school is just a big target for people to just come and wipe out a select few every year. They really should have the manor in a public place and put the school in some secret place in Guam or something.
    That is just a bad trope. If the X-men can't protect their home saving other lives is pointless. After mansion is attack once simple common sense would be have a group of mutants protect. After Manison is exploded once and mutants are hunted the number goal of X-men would be a safe haven before looking to help anyone else. Basically Jean Grey, Iceman, Magneto, Storm would sit at the Mansion or better example would be Force Warriors in age of X

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Don't know if it has been done, but what if the X-men finally achieved acceptance. Who sticks around and what becomes of the x-men? What happens when the hate gets redirected at another group? Would the x-men risk their acceptance to save lives?
    I will put this way using real life. The current X-men is a actual Civil War/Post slavery levels of hate. What people are asking for present levels of hate where Black Man can be the most popular basketball player or musician and still have the n word written on his gate wall. I am tired of reading stories where X-men are being hunted down and hated in America after they save world multiple times. And Avengers and other heroes are treated like Celebrities it does make sense that X-men students where running for their lives in America. X-men will always be hated that is fine the X-men shouldn't be run for their lives hated what out a good set up.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Pitch: No More Hatred. Let's move in a positive direction, and instead of dwelling on and amplifying the parts of our world that suck and make life unbearable, let's present something optimistic for once, goddammit...

-Much like Stormwatch under Ellis, the X-Men teams (and thus, books) organize around cohesive directions and/or ideals. Some examples:

- Prime - a strike team of photogenic, powerful threats who are the public face of the X-Men and who the public thinks of when they think 'X-Men'. This is a classic super hero team book, and our 'flagship' title.
    - Black - a covert ops team built around the idea of putting an end to threats that can never be made public. And not just anti-mutant threats, but HYDRA cells, AIM labs, alien invasions, etc. This is the grim, gritty, dark action title, obvi.
    - New Mutants - Dedicated to furthering the education of the next generation, this would focus on the former new generation (New Mutants/New X-Men eras) who have more than proven themselves, teaching the NEWEST mutants, and would skew younger, akin to Moon Girl, and would operate mostly in a bubble, with very rare involvement in events or crossovers, because THEY'RE CHILDREN.
    - Academy - The best and brightest minds of the mutant world assemble to brainstorm and create ways to improve society, and life on Earth, sometimes with tragic, hilarious, or otherwise unexpected results. This would be more high concept adventuring and super-science and tech babble, skewing more sci fi than super hero.
    - Red - a strike team of some of the most powerful mutants ever to mutate, who go in when no one else can, and who are essentially Cyclops' extinction team, but less threatening to baseline humans. This team, being specialized, only sees use during crossovers and events, and is packed with Omega level mutants and other threats across the spectrum of powers, adjusting constantly to fit the enemy being faced.
    Great pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's time for the cyclical nature of the X-Men to stop. It's time for them to stop being thrown into the same highs and lows: no more extinction events or viruses that bring mutants closer to the brink; that's so trite and it's been done so many times that there isn't really a fresh way to accomplish it anymore. It's time for the X-Men to be a uniting force, and I think that using the basis of X-Men Red is the perfect opportunity to establish something like this: mutants gain diplomatic immunity the world over, existing in the places that they have called their homes since they were born and working alongside humans while also maintaining their own sovereignty. There is only one team of X-Men, but numerous satellites. While mutants are still different and there is still hatred throughout the world, the multiple X-Teams are working to put a stop to that and to make the world a better place for everyone involved.
    Another good pitch
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-14-2019 at 03:02 AM.

In my opinion what they need is to show us a main future that is utopian, and the apocalyptic ones are the ones created by time-travel meddling, and not the other way around, which is what's usual. The mutants must at least be going towards acceptace, finally, and some groups could be going against that. Discrimination should be a very small (even if loud) minority, something the large population scoffs at. And at least one team of X-Men could be more global, trying to help mutants in other countries less enlightened then America in the comics. There could even be a fictional country that's anti-mutant. I thought X-Men Red was a great direction, too.

I think they should again have two main books, both set in the residence, one featuring the X-Men team of superheroes and the other featuring the students and having the main X-Men only as supporting cast. Then you could also have the X-Force, New Mutants, and etcetera.
    Last edited by paulojrmam; 04-14-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    The mutants must at least be going towards acceptace, finally, and some groups could be going against that. Discrimination should be a very small (even if loud) minority, something the large population scoffs at.a.
    Well, that was more or less what Morrison was doing. And then M-Day.

The X-Men were X-Sentinels all along and find out they can transform into cars and planes.

The problem of the infinite cycle of extinction events that we have suffered is that it generates apathy. What difference does it make to save it if in two years something else will come to extinguish them? When House of M ends, Terrigen arrives and now the vaccine.

They have to stop for at least 7 years. Let the characters evolve into something more than a state of nervous breakdown permanently.

After Decimation, all these other extinction events look like unnecessary copies that never reach the same heights nor do anything fresh. Besides, while they're doing big extinction events, they're not doing big something elses. It's repetitive that all big X-Men events revolve around the exact same concept. Battle of the Atom seems to have been the only successful big-ish event in a long time not directly tied to extinction. Just because it's about a race and all, doesn't mean it needs to always be about the extinction of said race. Personal stakes work just fine for the X-Men as well.

Quote Originally Posted by paulojrmam View Post
    After Decimation, all these other extinction events look like unnecessary copies that never reach the same heights nor do anything fresh. Besides, while they're doing big extinction events, they're not doing big something elses. It's repetitive that all big X-Men events revolve around the exact same concept. Battle of the Atom seems to have been the only successful big-ish event in a long time not directly tied to extinction. Just because it's about a race and all, doesn't mean it needs to always be about the extinction of said race. Personal stakes work just fine for the X-Men as well.
    For years we have only three types of stories: Time travel, extinction or Phoenix.