Default Classic D&D PC RPGs Coming to Consoles

Skybound Games and Beamdog today announced a publishing partnership that will bring classic roleplaying videogames Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment and Neverwinter Nights to console platforms in 2019.
    Beamdog is known for bringing enhanced versions of Dungeons & Dragons videogames to fans both new and old on the PC platform, including the critically acclaimed Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Planescape: Torment. Six of Beamdog’s fan-favorite games will be released on console platforms for the first time ever via Skybound, all as Enhanced Editions sold at retail stores and online (www.Skybound.com). These upcoming releases will allow RPG fans the opportunity to experience epic Dungeons & Dragons adventures in a whole new way.
    This is awesome news. Who else is a fan of these games?

https://realotakugamer.com/beamdog-o...gate-to-switch

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    This is awesome news. Who else is a fan of these games?

https://realotakugamer.com/beamdog-o...gate-to-switch
    I wish they'd finish doing Special Editions on PC first. They've done Baldur's Gate I and II and Icewind Dale I but still no sign of Icewind Dale II.

Andd for that matter updating the games they already have. BGI allows you to pick more colours and soundsets for your character. No idea why they haven't bothered adding the same to BGII?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I'd rather see updated versions of the Gold Box games.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Not sure how a game like Baldurs Gate would work on a console with a controller. Already have them on PC so no reason for me to get them on console.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Not sure how a game like Baldurs Gate would work on a console with a controller. Already have them on PC so no reason for me to get them on console.
    The switch version will use a touch screen probably

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I'd rather see updated versions of the Gold Box games.
    I'd be down for this as well.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'd also like to see something new in the Dark Sun setting.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum