Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Harley Quinn.

She was a great animated character, and she worked as a supporting character when bouncing off the Joker.
    I just don't get the appeal and why she appears in SO many books.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

The LSH. Tried many, many times.

XS is awesome, though,
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wonder Woman, i'm trying but none of her stories interest me. I love strong female characters but I haven't been able to stick to reading her stories.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Legion of Superheroes and Suicide Squad (as a unit - there are plenty of individual characters i like).

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't care about Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wonder Woman, i'm trying but none of her stories interest me. I love strong female characters but I haven't been able to stick to reading her stories.
    The problem with Wonder Woman is that she doesn't have a strong rogue's gallery and her supporting cast can be boring at times.

I think when they focus on the Greek Mythology aspect of the character she shines the most because there are a lot of characters and stories to pull from there that can make for interesting storytelling. But she would rank high on my list, even though I've read her comics pretty regularly now for the past 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    The problem with Wonder Woman is that she doesn't have a strong rogue's gallery and her supporting cast can be boring at times.

I think when they focus on the Greek Mythology aspect of the character she shines the most because there are a lot of characters and stories to pull from there that can make for interesting storytelling. But she would rank high on my list, even though I've read her comics pretty regularly now for the past 10 years or so.
    Honestly I think the problem with Wonder Woman is that they focus so much on the Greek Mythology aspect at the expense of her Rogues Gallery and supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think the problem with Wonder Woman is that they focus so much on the Greek Mythology aspect at the expense of her Rogues Gallery and supporting cast.
    I think there's an argument to be made there, sure. And I am biased because I enjoy Green Mythology immensely.

Pretty much anything that isn't Batman or Superman related. I like the Arrow, Flash and Black Lightning TV shows but never got into their comic books.

Batman since Knightfall, with the exception of the Animated Series and the Brave and Bold cartoon.
    Lobo
    Harley Quinn
    Damian
    Jason Todd/Red Hood
    The Green Lantern Corps since Blackest Night.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Lobo- I get the joke and if he were only used in parody stories he might be fine. But when he is interacting with the rest of the DCU as a serious threat, I just cringe. Can't see any appeal to him in these things.

Morrison's Doom Patrol: I kinds dig the originals but Morrison's take was like stepping into the Joker's head while doing acid yourself. I applaud the people who could follow it, but it wasn't for me.

Legion of Superheroes- Great concept, but don’t really care for most of the characters.

Harley Quinn- is waaaaaayyyyyy overrated and used. She’s fine as a supporting character and her original use in the animated series was great, but come on..........

Teen Titans- I like most of the characters but cant get into many of their stories. I prefer Young Justice.

Justice League- For whatever reason has never appealed to me as much as the Justice Society appeals to me.

Joker- Again great villain but is over used.

Suicide Squad.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Deathstroke. Really struggle with his solo title.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Agreed. I've just never found Wonder Woman engaging. She's always been kind off "meh" to me. Just not interesting.

In recent years I've grown to actually dislike WW, mainly due to the Injustice games, the unaired pilot, ASBAR, the Flashpoint movie and New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    I agree with this. To quote from "Talking to the Void," a blog I read recently:

"And it does make Wonder Woman seem kind of weak as a character when she has no opponents of her own and has to piggy-back off old Greek myths all the time."

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Legacy. The whole generations, passing on the torch, taking up the mantle crap. We've had what, five Robins? I love Batman, but all the kids are kind of, meh. I'm not even really a fan of Dick, which is like the DC Messiah to so many fans. Meh. I mean, I don't dislike Grayson, but meh.
    Yeah Every body seems to love dick around here, but I TOTALLY agree with you. I'll give batman at least up to red hood... beyond that. I really could live with out them.

That being said... I could NEVER get into the Teen Titans.

If you look too closely it doesn't make sense at all that any hero would let the teen squad have adventures on their own. I'm not saying they wouldn't have training but its like... gassing up your best vehicles, and sending
    the 16 year olds on a cross country road trip alone. The disaster chance is just too high and you'd end up being responsible.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.