Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yeah... what's this thread about?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Depends on the thread. Some threads are designed to be extremely long. For instance, you can jump into the political thread on the 900th page and not be too concerned. But 50 pages about a single issue seems burdensome.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It depends on the topic. As you mention, the political thread is constantly changing due to the nature of today's volatile politics. On the other hand, when Hickman was writing the stuff in New Avengers with the incursions, those discussions could go on for many pages and were very interesting. You could always come up with a different POV and possible solutions.

Or on threads where my post seems "invisible", talked under, over and around even when I am commenting on the current topic. There are threads on here which seem Very clickish...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I depends if I can offer anything new. I mean I sometimes feel funny just agreeing with a dozen or so people.
    This is a fair point to make, however, just because I feel I am adding something new does not equate to others thinking that. As someone else points out, not every comment you make even gets acknowledged sometimes.

All the time. I see a thread that looks like it might be interesting but its very long and I'm pretty sure anything I have to say has already been said by others and I don't feel like wading through it to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, I do. I also skip posts that are to long.
    I usually take my time responding to things like that, and respond to it in parts. Usually if it’s really long it’s actually like two or three different conversations and needs to be broken up to really dissect it.

I tend to just read the first post, the last one, and a couple in the middle. Usually it's enough to give you a good sense of the general direction of the conversation and yeah, i do stop reading topics quite often lol.

And, yeah, there are two kind of post i never read. Those who are very long and those with like 8 quotes from precedent posts.

You can say what you have to say, whatever that is, without writing a wall of text. Believe me, you can. Just try. That's actually a good writing exercice by the way.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-29-2021 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I laugh when a thread was just started yesterday and there are already 18 pages or more.
    Doesn’t that mean that it was a good topic worthy of discussion, though? So long as it’s not arguments padding the page count, of course.

If a thread is ridiculously long, I'll just read the last two or three pages to get caught up, and then say what I want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Doesn’t that mean that it was a good topic worthy of discussion, though? So long as it’s not arguments padding the page count, of course.
    No. No, it does not.

It usually means that everyone has to add their one-cent which is just the same thing as what the recent posters before them said.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Not really. This thread is a perfect example. The whole point of this thread is that people specifically don’t comment so that they don’t repeat what’s already been said, which I find is more often the case than people just reposting stuff, although that does happen too.

Well, it is what I have seen so that is how I see it.

Just like on other threads, there is always one or two dissenters who want to argue a fact (either for their favorite character or against one they hate), despite them being wrong, lol. Even in the face of real, factual evidence, they basically call it "fake proof" and choose to endlessly go on and quote quotes pages long. LOL.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Of course. You can only comment on the situation insofar as you’re familiar with it. I wouldn’t expect anything more.

However….by that same token you have to be aware that others can only discuss a situation to the best of their knowledge. So, just because you know something to be a fact, doesn’t mean everyone does. Please provide me with a direct example of what you’re referring to here. Usually when someone does that it’s because there is something in there that supports what they’re saying, however small.

Yes, this is the primary reason my post count is so low. Also, I read my books the night I get them, like, after work. I might want to comment on a thread about a book after I read it but 99% of the time I go to the thread and it's 20+ pages deep.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.