Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

oh and not enough Taskmaster and Black Ant in this issue. if they are going to be used sparingly, then they need more dialogue. but it was still a good read. and i'll take what i can get.

i waited to see if anyone was talking about it. isn't anyone else concerned for Betty Brant? and what size centipede trench coat does she wear? europe huh? isn't that where Norman always slinks off to?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i waited to see if anyone was talking about it. isn't anyone else concerned for Betty Brant? and what size centipede trench coat does she wear? europe huh? isn't that where Norman always slinks off to?
    Norman is currently in an asylum, thinking he's Cletus Kasady and Spider-Man is Norman Osborn. Then again, wouldn't put it past him to pull a fast one and slink off to Europe again.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Norman is currently in an asylum, thinking he's Cletus Kasady and Spider-Man is Norman Osborn. Then again, wouldn't put it past him to pull a fast one and slink off to Europe again.
    I wasn't suggesting Norman's involvement. I'm talking about trips to Europe sometimes being a ruse. What's going on with Betty?

take the word balloons away. now try to understand what's going on. that's why i was disappointed that he'd be on art for these specific issues. when he'd good, he's great. but sometimes he's just kind of sloppy. i had to look at it a few times to catch on that he was beating up Taskmaster. do we even see Taskmaster's skull face in the issue? how old do you peg Ned Leeds to be; just from the art?
    oh and not enough Taskmaster and Black Ant in this issue. if they are going to be used sparingly, then they need more dialogue. but it was still a good read. and i'll take what i can get.
    You seem very picky based on your posts.
    Bachalo's art is not for everyone, no. But I would hardly call it sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This Lizard family stuff really looks a lot different in context depending on whether you apply "Shed" happening or not.

How many times have Spider-Man villains gotten on good terms with Spidey and then gone on to swear absolute vengeance and hatred against him? Although at least Rhino has a reasonable excuse.

Man, Spidey seriously beat the tar out of Taskmaster. I don't know if it's because Taskmaster is getting a major case of the Worf Effect, Spencer's Spidey is meant to be seen as that good (compared to pre-Spencer Spidey), or we're just supposed to assume driven and angry Spidey is just that much more fiercer in a fight.
    Spidey is always been that good, he just rarely shows it, i mean does anyone else remember when Wolverine went too far and got thrown out a window? Or when he beat a gamma irradiated corpse? Morlun during the Other or Spider-verse? Spidey is a fighter it just depends on what is his motivation at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aunt May's safety > practically everything else .
    Not just May, anyone he loves is threatened he will go beast mode at the drop of a hat. I mean i feel for Rhino i do, but in the face of saving family and saving an acquaintance family wins always.

Anyone else feel Billy has just been set up as the bait to lure out his father?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Kraven used a similar strategy to bait a child into a trap in Nick's Cap run. Give them what they want.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You seem very picky based on your posts.
    Bachalo's art is not for everyone, no. But I would hardly call it sloppy.
    i am picky. and, like i said, when Bachalo, at his best, is the kind of art that gets me to pick up a book. but sometimes he quality dips. and i think it dipped heaviliy in this issue. he was the same way on Generation X. those first few issues were something that i had never seen before. it made me want to continue with my own art. but then it dipped. and it didn't rebound.

^this is good Bachalo.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-15-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    i assumed that it was Black Ant catfishing him. Eric lured Speedball's parents to Camp Hammond just to play a cruel practical joke on Monkey Speedball.

i am picky. and, like i said, when Bachalo, at his best, is the kind of art that gets me to pick up a book. but sometimes he quality dips. and i think it dipped heaviliy in this issue. he was the same way on Generation X. those first few issues were something that i had never seen before. it made me want to continue with my own art. but then it dipped. and it didn't rebound.

^this is good Bachalo.
    He hasn't done that art style for years, though, so if that's your example of good Bachalo, then it's no wonder you didn't like this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    He hasn't done that art style for years, though, so if that's your example of good Bachalo, then it's no wonder you didn't like this issue.
    i liked the issue just fine. but I can understand why people wouldn't; especially if they are Taskmaster fans. the fight was hard to make out.

BANNED

take the word balloons away. now try to understand what's going on. that's why i was disappointed that he'd be on art for these specific issues. when he'd good, he's great. but sometimes he's just kind of sloppy. i had to look at it a few times to catch on that he was beating up Taskmaster. do we even see Taskmaster's skull face in the issue? how old do you peg Ned Leeds to be; just from the art?
    His face is obscured by a beard, of course, so determining his age is hard.

There have definitely been times when I thought Bachelo's style has been overly confusing - specifically many issues of his Dr. Strange run where I couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening - but in this particular instance, I personally didn't feel like the action was difficult to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    His face is obscured by a beard, of course, so determining his age is hard.

There have definitely been times when I thought Bachelo's style has been overly confusing - specifically many issues of his Dr. Strange run where I couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening - but in this particular instance, I personally didn't feel like the action was difficult to follow.
    Sure. But I'm not even the one who brought up the issue. Two other posters thought that it was important enough to mention. The art is divisive.