Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This Lizard family stuff really looks a lot different in context depending on whether you apply "Shed" happening or not.

How many times have Spider-Man villains gotten on good terms with Spidey and then gone on to swear absolute vengeance and hatred against him? Although at least Rhino has a reasonable excuse.

Man, Spidey seriously beat the tar out of Taskmaster. I don't know if it's because Taskmaster is getting a major case of the Worf Effect, Spencer's Spidey is meant to be seen as that good (compared to pre-Spencer Spidey), or we're just supposed to assume driven and angry Spidey is just that much more fiercer in a fight.
Hey, we're talking about the guy that took down Firelord. You do not want to piss Spidey off!

Anyway, really loved this issue. Spencer's approach to continuity has a classical feel, and I mean that in the best possible way. The Ned Leeds payoff was great and seems to be setting a larger story arc up for Betty Brant down the line. Which I'm all for, as I feel like she's one of the most criminally underused of Spidey's supporting cast, given how far back their history goes.