Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supergirl to Young Justice?

A little late for the first half of the season, but does anyone think they'll introduce the Girl of Steel to the show? Considering she's one of the better known legacy characters. And the show has not only brought in Jason Todd and Damian, but also Jon Kent, the Tornado Twins, Thunder and Lightning, and so many more.

This is Young Justice we’re talking about, they’re constantly adding to their already massive cast of characters, no doubt she’ll show up sooner or later.

Took them three seasons to get to Cyborg, so anything is possible. They could do a variation on the Supergirl story from Superman/Batman with her becoming a pawn of Darkseid. I think it's almost guaranteed a fourth season as it's supposedly one of the most popular streamed shows.

I thought they were going to just leave Lois Lane out completely and then her and Jon Kent popped up along with the entire daycare's worth of superbabies!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Took them three seasons to get to Cyborg, so anything is possible. They could do a variation on the Supergirl story from Superman/Batman with her becoming a pawn of Darkseid. I think it's almost guaranteed a fourth season as it's supposedly one of the most popular streamed shows.

I thought they were going to just leave Lois Lane out completely and then her and Jon Kent popped up along with the entire daycare's worth of superbabies!
    They certainly do have a full on next generation ready to step up in the coming years, that's for sure!

And that kind of storyline wouldn't be too bad. Though, maybe substitute Dick for Bruce and Connor for Supes. As the show is more focused on their generation on down, after all.

Kon93

Hope they do a episode where Conner goes to Metropolis to "step up" and while he is there we get Steel helping out, daily planet as backdropped, Lois and jon, and SB holding Jon, and Kara's shuttle landing in Hobbs Bay and the above characters finding her. Have her be 15,fully powered, and SB taking her under his wing

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Hope they do a episode where Conner goes to Metropolis to "step up" and while he is there we get Steel helping out, daily planet as backdropped, Lois and jon, and SB holding Jon, and Kara's shuttle landing in Hobbs Bay and the above characters finding her. Have her be 15,fully powered, and SB taking her under his wing
    I’ve been seeing some speculation that Bruce and Clark are going to die in Darkseid’s upcoming invasion and that Dick and Kon will take their roles. If Kon took Clark’s role as Superman I could see them introducing Kara to take Kon’s role on the Team. I kind of hope it’s true, I’d love to see Kon be Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been seeing some speculation that Bruce and Clark are going to die in Darkseid’s upcoming invasion and that Dick and Kon will take their roles. If Kon took Clark’s role as Superman I could see them introducing Kara to take Kon’s role on the Team. I kind of hope it’s true, I’d love to see Kon be Superman.
    It feels like they're setting up Conner taking over for Clark a lot this season.

He wants to step up, he's being compared more to Superman, they seem like they're building up to him wearing a more traditional Superhero costume with one of Geo-Force's comments and the rate he's losing shirts...at this point all he needs is a power boost to be more up to Clark's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Imagine poor Kara fresh off of losing her parents and home planet, arrives on earth only to find out her cousin is dead, yikes. While I’m not usually the type of fan who would be clamoring for Clark to be killed off for Conner or anyone else’s development, I actually think it’d be a great idea here. Ever since season 2 Conner’s character’s mostly just revolved around his relationship with Miss Martian, he’s getting plenty of screen time but it seems like he doesn’t have much going for him storywise. Plus he seems kinda left out with Robin becoming Nightwing, Aqualad becoming Aquaman, Miss M embracing being a white martian and Artemis being Tigress.
    That being said I don’t think it will happen, not this season anyway. I have a feeling if there is a big death this season, it’ll be Will Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Imagine poor Kara fresh off of losing her parents and home planet, arrives on earth only to find out her cousin is dead, yikes. While I’m not usually the type of fan who would be clamoring for Clark to be killed off for Conner or anyone else’s development, I actually think it’d be a great idea here. Ever since season 2 Conner’s character’s mostly just revolved around his relationship with Miss Martian, he’s getting plenty of screen time but it seems like he doesn’t have much going for him storywise. Plus he seems kinda left out with Robin becoming Nightwing, Aqualad becoming Aquaman, Miss M embracing being a white martian and Artemis being Tigress.
    That being said I don’t think it will happen, not this season anyway. I have a feeling if there is a big death this season, it’ll be Will Harper.
    But he has had good character growth since season 1. He was basically Brion. Now he's pretty close to Clark, in terms of temperament.

But still. Kara is about the second most well known legacy character after Dick. Its just surprising she hasn't popped up. Unless that's in the plans for the second half.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

You know what? I kind of hope they go with Power Girl rather than Supergirl. And I'm talking full on refugee from another universe, Power Girl. You could either make her Earth-2's Conner, as in she's a clone. Or you could stick pretty closely to her normal origin where she's her Clark's cousin.

Maybe she was being held by Darkseid? During some sort of mission dealing heavily in what Darkseid wants with Earth, you have Conner play the part of Clark by finding her in the pod, and she thinks it's Clark.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But he has had good character growth since season 1. He was basically Brion. Now he's pretty close to Clark, in terms of temperament.

But still. Kara is about the second most well known legacy character after Dick. Its just surprising she hasn't popped up. Unless that's in the plans for the second half.
    I didn’t mean he hadn’t grown, he clearly has. I meant he could use a new look and maybe a promotion since he’s the only one in the surviving S1 cast who looks the same. So that’s what I meant by left out.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I didn’t mean he hadn’t grown, he clearly has. I meant he could use a new look and maybe a promotion since he’s the only one in the surviving S1 cast who looks the same. So that’s what I meant by left out.
    Hmm, that is strangely glaring now that you mention it. He is literally the only one.

I'm nearly 100% sure he's not going to start physically aging or gain new powers because the creators seem pretty set on those things being what they are. So him becoming Superman seems like the logical step in terms of continued progression. Either that or he's gonna die before he gets married, and they'll do a Death of Superboy thing in place of the Death of Superman. I mean, KF already did the Flash death with Bart taking up the title similar to Wally in the original.

It's unfortunately possible.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Hmm, that is strangely glaring now that you mention it. He is literally the only one.

I'm nearly 100% sure he's not going to start physically aging or gain new powers because the creators seem pretty set on those things being what they are. So him becoming Superman seems like the logical step in terms of continued progression. Either that or he's gonna die before he gets married, and they'll do a Death of Superboy thing in place of the Death of Superman. I mean, KF already did the Flash death with Bart taking up the title similar to Wally in the original.

It's unfortunately possible.
    I think the difference between Conner and Wally is that, in hindsight, Wally's death felt more telegraphed and they seemed to be phasing him out in season 2, while Conner this season is stepping up more and is still a focal character.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the difference between Conner and Wally is that, in hindsight, Wally's death felt more telegraphed and they seemed to be phasing him out in season 2, while Conner this season is stepping up more and is still a focal character.
    Sure, I guess, but I still don't count it out. The point made about his stagnation when compared to all of the remaining OG members seems like a fair point. It could just be that they're handling character death in a different way.

Then again, it could be that Megan might either kick the bucket, or she'll have to leave Earth for whatever reason (maybe dealing with civil unrest on Mars). She shows the symptoms Wally had last season (even down to the being part of a secret inner circle).

I dunno right now, both characters are in such a strange place. On the one hand, the two of them in particular playing foster mom and pop--the adults in the room, and seeming to be the only characters in the show with their sh!t fully together is a great little arc from who they were season 1. But on the other hand, they seem to do nothing for the story but provide a place to set things and vehicles to use. With Conner in particular, the only thing he has to talk about is that he's getting married. Even Megan, the woman he's getting married to, has more going on what with the secret inner circle and her situation with her little brother. In the short amount of screen time she's had she's had more things to do. While Conner brings up the prospect of stepping up, but that's sort of never really addressed again. But I mean we've still got half a season to go, so I won't jump the gun. It's just something I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That’s why I totally think if it’s gonna be anyone, it’ll be Will. Every scene with him has basically been the writers shouting “hey look at how much Will has gotten his act together! Look at what a dependable friend he is to Dick, Artemis and Violet, isn’t Will such a great, likable guy?......wouldn’t be a shame if something were to happen