Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    Weird.

I don’t like any students here, the only one in this book I care about is Dean Angel (who has only appeared as two words so far), but I’m interested in how this goes and want to keep reading.

Meanwhile, I LOVE most characters in Marvelous team, but I found that book very boring.
    Angel was in the Alpha issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Wait - did they mess up Pixie's speech bubble position in one scene ?
    The part where Sharkgirl mentions that rockslide got beat up by fourarms - Pixie laughs BEFORE that gets mentioned instead of after.
    Or she's laughing at Sharkgirl mentioning that she's barely in it - which isn't very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Angel was in the Alpha issue.
    I was talking about NextGen
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

I'm actually interested in this. It's great having different books connecting into each other. Whay can't the 616 books be like that once in a while.

Glob Herman has really grown in me in recent years. It looks like he'll have another chance to shine with this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I'm really excited for this. Even with Glob as the lead (which I recall nobody asking for by the way) I'm anticipating a great story with some great characters. I just wish Loa was here to see it

That confirms Manon, Maxime, Gentle & Bling! to be enrolled at the Summers Institute. I hope to see Indra, Mondo, Hollow, Trance and Transonic around too.

The X-Hens are cool and all but I still prefer Fungus the bear

I do wonder what the variation in uniform colors represents. If not year level or squads, then perhaps they're school houses? That could be neat. It also could be a differentiation in career path, since that's something they can actively pursue here- maybe it's like humanities, sciences, labourers and X-Men or something.
    The blue and red variations are cool, but I do wish they were a little more modern. I'm pretty sick of seeing mutants in that tired garb.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm really excited for this. Even with Glob as the lead (which I recall nobody asking for by the way) I'm anticipating a great story with some great characters. I just wish Loa was here to see it

That confirms Manon, Maxime, Gentle & Bling! to be enrolled at the Summers Institute. I hope to see Indra, Mondo, Hollow, Trance and Transonic around too.

The X-Hens are cool and all but I still prefer Fungus the bear

I do wonder what the variation in uniform colors represents. If not year level or squads, then perhaps they're school houses? That could be neat. It also could be a differentiation in career path, since that's something they can actively pursue here- maybe it's like humanities, sciences, labourers and X-Men or something.
    The blue and red variations are cool, but I do wish they were a little more modern. I'm pretty sick of seeing mutants in that tired garb.
    I'm calling it now - the Blues are all secretly Nate's sleeper agent.
    So far, Pixie and the twins (all blue) are all trying to get into his head or read his memories, and he DID Let Sharkgirl (a green) read his work without incident.
    Now I know what you're thinking - Armor's the one who keeps stepping in when other Blues try to sneak a peak into his mind or his fanfiction - but I'm betting this is a giant "Surprise" moment, and Armor is basically playing "good cop" to earn his trust.

Also of note - Glob has no color.
    Gotta mean something.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 02-08-2019 at 04:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

Looks odd how they've seemingly made Pixie a little kid again, remember when she was a little to grown up for some people...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Looks odd how they've seemingly made Pixie a little kid again, remember when she was a little to grown up for some people...
    Marcus To has a thing for making all the characters too cute for his audience's own good.

This looks terrific! I'm super into To's art, naturally. He's tremendous at making younger characters LOOK young.

Art looks good. And I would have picked this without doubt (as I like the Academy X characters). But because it's a Glob ongoing I have mixed feelings and not sure of picking this.

This looks great! I'll pick it up when Warlock, Blindfold and Loa are not dead anymore.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Remember when Bling! Was supposed to be Bi?
    Yep. And getting told "at least she's some form of representation!" whenever I mentioned it getting swept under the rug.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Wait - did they mess up Pixie's speech bubble position in one scene ?
    The part where Sharkgirl mentions that rockslide got beat up by fourarms - Pixie laughs BEFORE that gets mentioned instead of after.
    Or she's laughing at Sharkgirl mentioning that she's barely in it - which isn't very funny.
    I think she's laughing at Anole's woe over his poor showing in Glob's fic. But yeah, it's still a weird position for the speech bubble if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This looks terrific! I'm super into To's art, naturally. He's tremendous at making younger characters LOOK young.
    Yup. This is the best "teen" look these kids have had since Michael Ryan was on Academy X. Digging it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Glob Herman has really grown in me in recent years. It looks like he'll have another chance to shine with this.
    Me too, It took me years to warm to him, but I think he's great now

To me he's very much part of that Academy X generation that I love

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    he is the opposite of Land. To should be a regular x-men artist

I still wonder how the twins are on AOXM, I doubt nate knew them or they were on battle.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-08-2019 at 06:21 AM.