Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Yeah, thank god Pixie is being drawn young again. She was never supposed to be close in age to any of her peers.

This actually looks really good. For some reason i think Nate is tapping into the powers of the Mighty X-men and that is how he is creating this world and maintaining it. They may have created an actual universe (or world depending on if there is anything in space which we haven't seen yet.) using combined mutant powers. May also be interesting to see how the Marvel Universe is affected by thinking all mutants are gone and everyone in this story new and old appears on Earth changing that once again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, thank god Pixie is being drawn young again. She was never supposed to be close in age to any of her peers.

This is my favorite version of Pixie, in terms of age appropriate body type etc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This actually looks really good. For some reason i think Nate is tapping into the powers of the Mighty X-men and that is how he is creating this world and maintaining it. They may have created an actual universe (or world depending on if there is anything in space which we haven't seen yet.) using combined mutant powers. May also be interesting to see how the Marvel Universe is affected by thinking all mutants are gone and everyone in this story new and old appears on Earth changing that once again.
    Interesting way to reset the ages, especially as most of the rest of the MU has sort of "grown up" in other areas. The ages of the X-Men are a sensitive spot because they're surrounded by younger characters so often

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    With the life seed and Legions body amping him, I think he's capable of that much on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, him being the most pathetic character ever in comic book story could be useful in the end.
    Seems like it is what Brisson is going for

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I love this preview but I agree. We need more POC editors and creatives. Would love to see minorities being tasked with creating and developing new characters.
    Agree. X-men aren't even doing the bare minimum lately

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm really digging Hisako being the Scott of the squad, honestly.

Also, the salt at Glob is still amazing here LMAO I'm really happy that Brisson finally got to make a book about him. Looking forward to this and the gorgeous To art, naturally.
    God forbid people doesn't like a writer have a pet character
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-08-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

This is my favorite version of Pixie, in terms of age appropriate body type etc.
    Michael Ryan, Takeshi Miyazawa, Marcus To, Skottie Young, and Oliver Coipel all nail down teens actually looking like teens. Those are also, to be expected i guess, my favorite artist interpretations for whenever they draw the New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm really digging Hisako being the Scott of the squad, honestly.
    Hisako seems like the boyscout, 90s Scott with a pinch of sarcasm. It’s nice that she’s being differentiated with the other Japanese character that’s often compared to Scott. Noriko, at least I wanted her to, represents the new-age, revolutionary Scott.

Incredible Member

X-Hens, I actually laughed out loud, my wife thinks I'm a lunatic. I was unsure about this, now I have to get it.

The french Twins are bullying Glob? I have my new favorite x-kids

The art is gorgeous, so glad to see a New X-Men book since.........a very long time!
    Now i'm curious to see what's happening with the two LGBT characters...

Possibly more than two - Mercury might be around. Morph and Hindsight... probably not, unless they're fakes.

I like this latest incarnation of Scott and Logan, but Hope can go jump in a deep fryer for all I care.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I wonder if, after Age of X-Man ends, Nextgen will relaunch as a main universe X school book?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait, are they using this as justification to make this part of the NXM young and keep them young? Cause if so, Hellion is double screwed.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Hisako seems like the boyscout, 90s Scott with a pinch of sarcasm. It’s nice that she’s being differentiated with the other Japanese character that’s often compared to Scott. Noriko, at least I wanted her to, represents the new-age, revolutionary Scott.
    See, My take on it is that Hisako's biggest difference from Surge, and indeed from Cyclops, is that she has full control over her powers and life.
    Scott not being able to control his power has kinda turned him into a control freak about everything else for most of his existence.
    And then Whedon showed up and outright explained that he subconsciously refuses to control his power, specifically BECAUSE it means forces him to control everything else.

Meanwhile, Nori's complete and utter absence about both her powers, and every other aspect of her life, leaves her understandably angry and sullen.
    She's a good leader, arguably, because she wants it the least, and it's REALLY bad for her because of that pressure keeps mounting.

Hisako's got none of that - she's doing what she always wanted to do, and is clearly shown to enjoy being a superhero.
    So her leadership style, if she ever does become a leader in any official capacity, should probably be something a bit more distinct from either Scott or Nori.
    She can, and probably should, be a bit more of a boyscout - but given who she's been trained by, and her lack of psychological issues, there's no reason why she shouldn't be a fair bit more like Jean or Storm or even Kitty when it comes to leadership style.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if, after Age of X-Man ends, Nextgen will relaunch as a main universe X school book?
    Ha. Hahahahahahahahaha...HAHAHAHA.