Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's probably the single strongest Spider-Man run I've ever read. I don't even like Bagley's art but it's the kind of book you can spend an entire weekend just plowing through because you cannot stop.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It's probably the single strongest Spider-Man run I've ever read. I don't even like Bagley's art but it's the kind of book you can spend an entire weekend just plowing through because you cannot stop.
    That's what I'm doing.

BANNED

IT's striking that Bendis was the only writer on Ultimate Spider-Man. Every other Ultimate title had multiple writers and different runs, but Ultimate Spider-Man from beginning to end was the Brian Bendis show. And nobody ever questioned or had doubts. It was like fans and everyone agreed that this version of Peter exists and can only be interpreted by this one writer. People have wanted Dan Slott, for instance, off Spider-Man for ages now, but nobody wanted Bendis gone from USM.

Of course other writers in Ultimate Marvel wrote Ultimate Peter like when he appeared in other titles and so on, but the actual USM title was Bendis. And Saladin Ahmad is the first writer to take over a title and character in his own comic after Bendis stepped away.

BANNED

Donny Cates has expressed interest in rebooting the Ultimate Universe

https://www.newsarama.com/43851-donn...-universe.html

USM was the first comic series I got into and remains my favorite as a series in general and as a Spider-Man series.

"Learning Curve" (with the thirteenth issue at the end) would be my favorite story of the series, although I would put Clone Saga as a close second and I do think the Requiem story did the best job I've seen to date summing up the character. I wasn't so fond of the post-Ultimatum stuff and the Miles re-start; none of it really grabbed me (although I will say that "Death of Spider-Man" was the way to kill off Peter if they had to do it, the Scorpion/Prowler story for Miles was really good, and I did like seeing Peter come back at the end of the Miles series for a team-up of sorts.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

2texdn.jpg

A fan art by me.