Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

The renders of the actors in their costumes, for me, never look impressive. I think anyone basing their entire outlook of this film on those cut and paste pictures is probably reacting a little too harshly. Bosslogic does a better job with the photo manips, seems like -- and I'm really not even a fan of his stuff either. I want to see them in motion. The important thing, for me, will be the world the Eternals live in. What made the Inhumans show so terrible, besides all the obvious, was how sterile the world was. They took an amazingly complex and weird tapestry and turned it into stark white walls and empty spaces. I just want the Eternals to feel weird and otherworldly.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    The renders of the actors in their costumes, for me, never look impressive. I think anyone basing their entire outlook of this film on those cut and paste pictures is probably reacting a little too harshly. Bosslogic does a better job with the photo manips, seems like -- and I'm really not even a fan of his stuff either. I want to see them in motion. The important thing, for me, will be the world the Eternals live in. What made the Inhumans show so terrible, besides all the obvious, was how sterile the world was. They took an amazingly complex and weird tapestry and turned it into stark white walls and empty spaces. I just want the Eternals to feel weird and otherworldly.
    The Inhumans were always going to be impossible to realize on a TV budget, unless you give them Disney+ money.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Inhumans was done fast and on a cheaper budget.

No doubt eternals will have far more exciting set design and locations.

BANNED

Thor #286 Aug 1979
    The Eternals Saga: Part 5 of 20 - "Mayhem under Manhattan!"
    Thor, Sersi, and Karkas are sneaking into the Deviant City, but are detected and attacked;

Sersi flees and Karkas is assaulted by some Deviant device that knocks him out;
    Kro then reveals himself and demands Thor surrender his hammer or he will kill Karkas, and Thor has no choice;
    In Asgard, Mimir is showing Odin Thor's defeat, and Sif and the Warriors Three want to fly to his aid;
    Odin tells them no and sends them on missions for Asgard; Back on Earth,

Brother Tode is about to put all the prisoners in the Atom Displacer,

and is talking to Thor, when "he" suddenly changes into Sersi, and reveals that Thor's hammer is really a cane;
    Then Blake comes from behind a curtain, knocks Kro over, and is transformed into Thor when the cane hits the ground;
    Thor and Sersi free Karkas and the rest and they begin to attack the Deviants.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Keith Pollard (breakdowns) and Chic Stone (finished art), inks by Chic Stone

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I actually really disagree with the costumes. If they nail them right, they're gonna look extremely high sci-fi, futuristic alien society which is a look very unique to the MCU. It's not as comic book accurate and Kirby-esque as I would have liked, but I'm really hoping with the right materials, construction and CGI enhancements that they actually look out of this world.

The Asgardian costumes got more and more ordinary with each film, with The Dark World being the peak, and even that was no different from what we saw in stuff like Game of Thrones. The alien costumes from the Guardians of the Galaxy films are pretty mundane too, but I guess that's fine. By far the worst offender of this was Captain Marvel though. The costume really only works for Carol, because the Kree and Star-Force looked like your everyday SHIELD agent or Black Widow. The costume and set design for that film was so incredibly mundane. None of the costumes actually looked or felt alien, and the other extraterrestrial locations looked extremely generic. Hala especially looked like a discount Blade Runner/cyberpunk world and if anyone has seen the recently released concept art for that film, you'll see it could have had a lot more visual flare.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Inhumans was done fast and on a cheaper budget.

No doubt eternals will have far more exciting set design and locations.
    Pretty much the only reason the Inhumans show was bad: no time, money, or effort.

Their civilization should have looked like Asgard or Wakanda, and ended up looking like a shoppig center parking lot. The Terrigen Chambers looked like Ikea display cases. The Eternals will have a lot more money and time pumped into it.

BANNED

Avengers #246 Aug 1984
    "Gatherings" Guest-starring Sersi.
    While the Vision and the Scarlet Witch meet with the President at the White House,
    Hawkeye and Mockingbird establish the team's new West Coast base.
    Meanwhile in New Orleans, Captain Marvel visits her parents Frank and Maria Rambeau.
    Starfox and the Wasp encounter the She-Hulk at a party thrown by 'Sylvia' Sersi,

secretly one of the superhuman Eternals.

When Sersi disregards her fellow immortals' decree that she return to Olympia,
    Captain Marvel reveals her costumed identity to her parents!
    Back at Sersi's apartment building, the party gets crashed by the Delphan Brothers.
    They capture Sersi and escape, with the Wasp and Starfox as unplanned passengers aboard their ship.
    The craft then teleports across the globe, and abruptly the two Avengers find themselves in Olympia,

surrounded by the Eternals.

Cameo appearances by Domo, Ikaris, Thena, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, President Ronald Reagan and Nancy Reagan.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Starfox, Vision and the Wasp.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott and crew.

Last edited by juan678; 09-06-2019 at 07:26 AM.

He actually did a surprisingly good job summing that up .

new cover Todd Nauck

Spectacular Member

I'm currently reading through Jack Kirby's "Eternals" for the first time in anticipation of the film (specifically the two trades on Comixology, halfway through the second one), and find myself really enjoying everything about it. I only mainly knew the concepts from the Earth X trilogy and from Sersi in the Avengers from the Bloodties crossover I read as a teen (so was surprised to see how playful the original take of the character is).
    I'm can't wait for the casting announcements about which Deviants will be in the film soon. I'm hoping they bring in Kro.