Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 237

Thread: Doom Patrol

  1. #1
    Fantastic Member Reservoir Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    BK's Finest
    Posts
    350

    Default Doom Patrol

    The 1st episode will premiere on Feb. 15



    First Doom Patrol Teaser Debuts Alan Tudyk's Creepy Mr. Nobody

    Last edited by Reservoir Dog; 02-11-2019 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Looks cool and fun. (and not as dark as "Titans") Surprised we haven't seen the Negative Being yet. (it wasn't in "Titans" either) It shouldn't be that difficult an effect to pull off unless they got really ambitious about it.

    Negative Man looks really great though - love the coat and that he doesn't look so bulky like in "Titans." (he reminded me of that episode of "Friends" - could he *be* wearing any more layers? )

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,467

    Default

    I like Cyborg's vibe. It's a more upbeat characterization.

  4. #4
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    I like Cyborg's vibe. It's a more upbeat characterization.
    Well, when you're on the Doom Patrol you kind of have to try and be as upbeat as you can, despite the situation .

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    I’ll give this a shot, but I have a hard time getting into the doom patrol, and it’s overblown weirdness. Robot man really looks clunky, so i’m Wondering of this is what dc is going for.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’ll give this a shot, but I have a hard time getting into the doom patrol, and it’s overblown weirdness. Robot man really looks clunky, so i’m Wondering of this is what dc is going for.
    I'm sure the clunkiness is meant to give him a more Frankenstein's monster vibe, emphasizing his loss of humanity. It will be interesting to see how he feels about his tech compared to Cyborg's.

  7. #7
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Looks cool.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Darkseid Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Cyborg? Was he ever on the team?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Cyborg? Was he ever on the team?
    Never ever. I kind of wonder why he is now. They already have Robotman.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  10. #10
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Never ever. I kind of wonder why he is now. They already have Robotman.
    Why? Because the cast needed a minority character. Simple as that, and to hell with anything even remotely resembling continuity from the original comics.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Many really great reviews of the pilot if you search "doom patrol review" on twitter. I LOVE Doom Patrol but was iffy on the series until I saw so many great reviews. Now I can't wait.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why? Because the cast needed a minority character. Simple as that, and to hell with anything even remotely resembling continuity from the original comics.
    Every cast of everything should have more parity/representation. If TV/film/animation were direct adaptations of the comics virtually every character would be a straight white male. Welcome to 2019. That's not okay anymore. GOOD. Should have happened long ago, in comics and in comic book adaptations.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why? Because the cast needed a minority character. Simple as that, and to hell with anything even remotely resembling continuity from the original comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Every cast of everything should have more parity/representation. If TV/film/animation were direct adaptations of the comics virtually every character would be a straight white male. Welcome to 2019. That's not okay anymore. GOOD. Should have happened long ago, in comics and in comic book adaptations.



    The cast has two poc.
    Crazy jane is the other one and she is latino.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-11-2019 at 09:29 PM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Every cast of everything should have more parity/representation. If TV/film/animation were direct adaptations of the comics virtually every character would be a straight white male. Welcome to 2019. That's not okay anymore. GOOD. Should have happened long ago, in comics and in comic book adaptations.
    I think it's strange to go with Cyborg when he's on the Justice League in the DCEU and they have a Titans show where he'd make more sense and not go with Tempest (Joshua Clay not Garth) for Doom Patrol or someone.

    None the less they were the best part of Titans and looking forward to the show.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think it's strange to go with Cyborg when he's on the Justice League in the DCEU and they have a Titans show where he'd make more sense and not go with Tempest (Joshua Clay not Garth) for Doom Patrol or someone.

    None the less they were the best part of Titans and looking forward to the show.
    No argument there. My argument was with the poster that was upset there was a POC in the show. #comicsgatelives

    It's as strange to have Cyborg on the Justice League as on the Doom Patrol when he was a [New] Teen Titan right up to New 52, but it would be appalling if all our comic book adaptations were as white as the comics have historically been themselves. I'd be all for Tempest. I'd also be cool with making existing white characters non-white. Representation has to happen somehow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •