Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Ehm, it's like saying that the X-Men are not a team, or the Guardians of the Galaxy are not a team. LOL.

The 1950s team was indeed a team, featured on newspapers as such.

The modern team is indeed a team AND a "family". They are a group of weird, super-powered individuals working together to save the world. As simple as that, LOL.
    Why ask if you don’t like the answer?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Why ask if you don’t like the answer?
    Because my question was another one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've recently started Doom Patrol and am now 5 episodes into S1.
    This is a wild show that is both self-aware(Mr.Nobody narrating to the viewer, calling events "episodes") and clueless(at this point only Cyborg knows what to do at any time almost).

Rita is the character I need to see more growth out of. Only once has she shown signs of what could be Elasti-Girl. The dripping blob isn't working for me. Since there are 2 seasons with a third coming I'm going to hope this development occurs.

My favorite so far is Robotman/Cliff.

I'm not well versed in comic Doom Patrol so if they stray some I likely will not notice, but Rita was an easy notice.
    Looking forward to the ride.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Retired

This whole show could be "How the Doom Patrol became the Doom Patrol." It's less about the destination than the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've recently started Doom Patrol and am now 5 episodes into S1.
    This is a wild show that is both self-aware(Mr.Nobody narrating to the viewer, calling events "episodes") and clueless(at this point only Cyborg knows what to do at any time almost).

Rita is the character I need to see more growth out of. Only once has she shown signs of what could be Elasti-Girl. The dripping blob isn't working for me. Since there are 2 seasons with a third coming I'm going to hope this development occurs.

My favorite so far is Robotman/Cliff.

I'm not well versed in comic Doom Patrol so if they stray some I likely will not notice, but Rita was an easy notice.
    Looking forward to the ride.
    I would also liked to have seen Rita utilize the abilities she has in the comics a lot more. Rita on the show has mainly focused on maintaining her human form. Expanding beyond that hasn’t been a priority at all. Regardless, I think April Bowlby has been amazing and really captures the tragic queen of the silver screen character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would also liked to have seen Rita utilize the abilities she has in the comics a lot more. Rita on the show has mainly focused on maintaining her human form. Expanding beyond that hasn’t been a priority at all. Regardless, I think April Bowlby has been amazing and really captures the tragic queen of the silver screen character.
    There's been no indication as yet that she can grow her mass to the "40 Ft woman" her character was based on. So far, she can get blobby or be like Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles. I'm not sure if I need to see her growth powers on this show.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

She doesn't need to have her comic powers. Rita arc is about reclaiming her life back. Not turning into a blob monster when she gets emotional would be enough for her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's been no indication as yet that she can grow her mass to the "40 Ft woman" her character was based on. So far, she can get blobby or be like Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles. I'm not sure if I need to see her growth powers on this show.
    Didn't she start training herself to do more with her powers though? It's linked to her emotional and physical state, but Rita wants to be a hero. Which is pretty heroic considering her narcissism and intense insecurity/fragility. Honestly, Rita's the character I've been rooting for the most since the beginning of the show.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Mallah! Brain!!
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Incredible Member

I'm surprised they released a promo. Thought it was just gonna be dumped in the middle of the night because of the Fisher on set abuse from Dc executives. Hopefully DC will publish a Cyborg tie-in comic similar to Titans United.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Mallah! Brain!!
    The Brotherhood of Evil !

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I'm surprised they released a promo. Thought it was just gonna be dumped in the middle of the night because of the Fisher on set abuse from Dc executives. Hopefully DC will publish a Cyborg tie-in comic similar to Titans United.
    Ray Fisher isn't in this, so nobody (i.e. general viewers) would connect the two things.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Ray Fisher isn't in this, so nobody (i.e. general viewers) would connect the two things.
    This Cyborg is way better anywho...

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    This Cyborg is way better anywho...
    Without a doubt.