Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm confused on Denise with Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. Is that the name of the dinosaur head?

Glad to see Clara come around. Hopefully Cliff will get some closure.
    I don't know from the comics, but the cover certainly indicated that the book was written from the Dino's point of view. (I think Jane's alter also mentioned the "dinosaur book" in their book club) Denise was also the one who foiled AVM's robbery attempt (the tape shows her attacking the human head) so maybe she was dragged into crime against her will.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So many plots going in this episode. I'm going to cry now for Cliff because I know he won't make his daughter wedding due to needing to save the world that day. It's gonna hurt seeing him disappoint her after reconciling.

Vic being the sidekick to a member of the team in throwback genre fiction going to be a running gag? I hope so.

Miranda trying to primary again or is slowly killing off the personalities so she's the only one Kay needs? I'm curious as to what her endgame is here. This episode is probably the first time I've seen Larry and Jane do something together.

Wait, Cyborg girlfriend in this show was a gender flipped version of Ronald Evers this whole time? *mind blown*
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 08-02-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Interview with the lynchpin of season two, Abigail Shapiro:

Vic being the sidekick to a member of the team in throwback genre fiction going to be a running gag? I hope so.
    It's a shame there's probably not enough time for an imagination sequence with both Jane and Larry.

Miranda trying to primary again or is slowly killing off the personalities so she's the only one Kay needs? I'm curious as to what her endgame is here. This episode is probably the first time I've seen Larry and Jane do something together.
    I don't think that's Miranda. I'm thinking that's another personality that basically personifies the trauma of losing two alters at the same time. It may look like Miranda but I'd bet there's more of Kay's father in it.

I really hope they aren't going to go with Rebis in season 3. I've been reading Morrison's run and I just do not like the character

It was fun that Vic factored in both of those fantasy sequences, but I'd say he was a partner much more than sidekick. Steed certainly wasn't Peel's sidekick - and Rita (or April) looked great in the catsuit! The veil was cute design element to keep her stylish and keep with her "bee keeper" persona. It's hilarious that she chose to stick with that since bees has nothing to do with her powers. It's been a fun storyline this season how Cliff, then Rita are being influenced by Vic into becoming heroes. It was a bit heartbreaking though when Rita lost her nerve and didn't even try to stop Roni.

So many interesting father/daughter dynamics playing out in this ep. Rita had issues with her mom and Larry had issues with his sons so they get a bit sidelined this time. I have to imagine it was a coincidence Dorothy wanted to give Jane a stuffed bear just when she was on a quest to find hers, although I do wonder if there was some connection since Candlemaker was in Jane's Underground.

Retired

Funny thing is I read all of Grant Morrison's run and I know I enjoyed it at the time. But I can't remember any of it now. So I'm constantly surprised watching DOOM PATROL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't think that's Miranda. I'm thinking that's another personality that basically personifies the trauma of losing two alters at the same time. It may look like Miranda but I'd bet there's more of Kay's father in it.
    Well, I called it

Retired

They really went for it in what would have been the penultimate episode. A lot of daring scenes. If they didn't get to film any scenes for the planned tenth episode, I imagine it will be quite the challenge to return to where they left off. Not only would they have to reconstruct the sets, but the actors would have to get back to the emotional state they were in at the time shooting left off.

Having "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot playing in one scene, meant that I barely paid attention to the dialogue. Apologies, but you can't play that song and not expect me to listen to it.

Incredible Member

This would be a horrible cliffhanger to end the series on. Is there any hope of this show being renewed?

Retired

Perhaps not having the season finale actually improves the chances of DOOM PATROL returning. It pushes the need to come back for a conclusion. And Max needs the content. But I doubt that "DC Universe" in its present form will still exist by then.

One little detail bugs me. Dorothy has more of an ape-face than her mother. If Niles is her father, surely Dorothy should be less ape-like not more. And the result of this is the mother doesn't have as many prosthetics covering her face--so the actress can enunciate her lines more easily. Whereas, Abigail Shapiro has to contend with all those prosthetics to talk and act through them.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They really went for it in what would have been the penultimate episode. A lot of daring scenes. If they didn't get to film any scenes for the planned tenth episode, I imagine it will be quite the challenge to return to where they left off. Not only would they have to reconstruct the sets, but the actors would have to get back to the emotional state they were in at the time shooting left off.

Having "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot playing in one scene, meant that I barely paid attention to the dialogue. Apologies, but you can't play that song and not expect me to listen to it.
    According to Dorothy's actress episode ten is practically finished. They only had a few scenes left before they had to shutdown. I guess HBO wasn't comfortable with releasing an unfinished episode to end the season.

Fantastic Member

Perhaps not having the season finale actually improves the chances of DOOM PATROL returning. It pushes the need to come back for a conclusion. And Max needs the content. But I doubt that "DC Universe" in its present form will still exist by then.

One little detail bugs me. Dorothy has more of an ape-face than her mother. If Niles is her father, surely Dorothy should be less ape-like not more. And the result of this is the mother doesn't have as many prosthetics covering her face--so the actress can enunciate her lines more easily. Whereas, Abigail Shapiro has to contend with all those prosthetics to talk and act through them.
    Perhaps her mum has stronger genes than Niles. It happens.

Fantastic Member

I'm hoping for a season three renewal. I would like to see the following characters make an appearance.

Brain and Monsieur Mallah-------------The groundwork has been layed out for them to show up and make an appearance. I'm not sure if they should be the main villains.

Codpiece-------------- He's a foe that definitely fits with the show. I could see going up against Cyborg to decide who has the bigger gun lol.

The Brotherhood of Dada---------------- Mr Nobody needs to return and bring these guys with him. I picture Beard Hunter and Animal Vegetable Mineral Man being members.

Kalki-------------He had a cool visual in the comics and I liked how he was essentially a living portal that contained demons and could eat people.

Brotherhood of Evil---------------Have them fight The Brotherhood of Dada.

The Scissormen------------I'm thinking we'll likely see them as the main antagonists for next season.

That's all I could think of for now.

Little late to the thread, but I just finished up the season (such as it was). I was fearing a bit of a sophomore slump, especially without Mr. Nobody's narration which added an extra layer to the show, but I'm glad they didn't go back to that or something similar, and I thought the season was strong. Still one of the best super power-type shows out there right now.

I loved the use of that song and how it relates to Miranda/Jane. She's the "ghost from a wishing well". That definitely adds to that scene...although paying attention to the dialogue is important too!

I don't recall where I saw this, but someone on YouTube mentioned how the finale being set at a carnival reminded them of the "Titans" show. But then so did "Shazam!" and "Harley Quinn & BoP" had that big battle at the end in an indoor funhouse place. Odd recurring theme for DC live action. (Meanwhile, Alan Moore is somewhere grumbling that they're just ripping him off again since he ended "Killing Joke" at a carnival years ago)