Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dead Boy Detectives is spinning off Doom Patrol
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/dead-bo...er-1234827071/
    YES!!!! I so wanted this after just the one episode

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So they really wrapped up the S2 finale quickly. Dorothy just mindscape fraks Candlemaker back into her compadre and all is mostly well in short order.

The other storylines were worth getting to though I won't disagree. Really liked the Larry and Jane stories the best here.
    So where Larry & his buddy going...really into outer space??
    Jane has control back, yeah!
    It was a touching scene with Cliff and his grandchild. I took his arm shake as his human brain being nervously excited.
    Why was Rita trying to stretch that short distance to the 1925 era emergency alarm phone hidden in the book shelf. Just walk 3 paces and pick it up. Was I missing something? A barrier?
    What role will Danny play in resurrecting Chief? We all suspect that is coming...right?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Retired

You do know that season 2 was cut short because of the pandemic, right?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Doom Patrol remains DC's best show. It was so good seeing The Brain and Mallah appear. I hope we get to see them again before the season is over. Garguax is hilarious.

Is Larry pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is Larry pregnant?
    I thought it was a Tumor due to his radiation rapidly grown. As soon as the negative energy entity returns to him (which I assumed will) he will obviously heal from it. The negative energy entity is clearly what keeps him alive and healthy

Pretty sure he's more-or-less pregnant with Rebis or something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    I thought it was a Tumor due to his radiation rapidly grown. As soon as the negative energy entity returns to him (which I assumed will) he will obviously heal from it. The negative energy entity is clearly what keeps him alive and healthy
    It seems to me Larry will give birth to a new incarnation of the spirit. Looking what Rebis is it that seems to be a good bet.

BANNED

He's even more strong and resistant than a normal human.

I'm still left wondering if the Negative Spirit can phase through solid walls or objects, it seems to me that he can only penetrate electric devices.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-01-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    He's even more strong and resistant than a normal human.

I'm still left wondering if the Negative Spirit can phase through solid walls or objects, it seems to me that he can only penetrate electric devices.
    I might be remembering it wrong but didn't the negative energy being phase through the walls of the cell when Larry was in the Room next to flex mentallo

BANNED

I might be remembering it wrong but didn't the negative energy being phase through the walls of the cell when Larry was in the Room next to flex mentallo
    No. Flex opened those.

What is the sisterhood of dada? I didn't get a good sense at what they were suppose to be

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Same for me. The Sisterhood of Dada was held by the Ant Farm but who are they? What are their goals?
    Is Dada a group or just a swanky moniker for an entity they haven't fully explained yet?

The Dr. Who joke for Demille was tongue in cheek funny.

What is growing and moving around in Larry?

A robot fighting Parkinson is an odd plot point imo. Hope it has a good payoff.

So Rita is going back in time it seems.

Does anyone really believe that Vic's dad could circumvent powering the suit on with out STAR Labs knowing? I mean, he might could but they'd figure it out if they weren't in on it and that is his cover.

Is Niles really gone or could he be brought back via Time Travel? Perhaps a resurrection spell?

Jane/Kay/Hammerhead the whole Underground is being messed with to what end by this Fog?

Dorothy...where are you at girl? We need an update on your journey or have they just written her off the show?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Jane/Kay/Hammerhead the whole Underground is being messed with to what end by this Fog?
    I'm getting annoyed by the underground antagonism towards Jane. Things have never well for them and Kay whenever they oppose Jane. It usually the same personalities that do it too. They never learn.

Dada is an art movement about basically defying meaning and rationality, and it's basically consistent with what we see (as much as any art movement without strictly defined rules can be at least. If it seems like they don't make much sense that's because, well, they don't.

I do think that this "underground revolt" story is a little different than the last one, because the last one was about Jane while this one is about Kay.