Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

This show is as great as ever.

Them becoming zombies and Vic swearing more than usual was hilarious. I liked Jane and Cliff making fart jokes.

Sisterhood of Dada had an impressive way of attacking the team. I'm guessing budgetary reasons might limit Brain and Mallah, but I'm hoping for more Sisterhood.

Incredible Member

Season 3 is only 7 episodes but last I checked it was HBO Max's # 1 tv show.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Season 3 is only 7 episodes but last I checked it was HBO Max's # 1 tv show.
    Season 3 will have 10 episodes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Season 3 will have 10 episodes.
    That's good to hear. I definitely want to see how the Cyborg sub-plot works out.

One thing this show has done really well is craft the show around one main non-DP member each season. Season one was Mr Nobody, season two was Dorothy and this season is Madame Rouge, who's just as awesome as the previous two. I love Missy - I mean, Michelle Gomez here.

Incredible Member

Where can I find the promo for next week episode?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's safe to assume that the guy in with the bird cage on his chest is the guy with the melted face who helped Rita in the afterlife. Only thing that makes sense to me so far.

Underground is gonna sabotage Kay development so they can continue to exist. Self preservation is the only reason they would be against Kay wanting to be in the real world.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I liked 1917 Patrol, ep7 of S3

Addressing that Niles is away via the mail room allowed them to not have to address that. It also worked within the confines of what we know in S2. Nice tie back in a subtle way.
    It was also interesting to see Rita with much more control of her body. Actually exhibiting ElastiGirl properties akin to the comic book. Are we to assume she has been practicing on her own and this was now muscle memory? Cause the rest of her memory is in trouble.

Cliff does not have to be a prick for the sake of being a prick when Cyborg is talking to him. I get that later establish he's essentially coping but still.

Larry still having trouble forming new family bonds. He and Cliff have a lot of parallels.

It was nice to see Kay get topside. My question about this is this: Kay is the OG but her mind is locked in at a 10yr old. A 10yr old then created all these other persona to cope, 64 of them. How does one do that when they are 10? The personalities were not done to her, right? Can Kay mentally "grow up" and if so does that reduce or eliminate the other personalities? Is that why they are upset with Jane for encouraging Kay? If Kay grows up and/or heals then what?

3 episodes to go
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Doom Patrol renewed for a 4th season

https://deadline.com/2021/10/doom-pa...234856832/amp/

Incredible Member

Vic appears to look human in the mid season clip, probably because of the skin grafts implants but it's too early to tell.
    Last edited by abetterday; 10-17-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Piffle Paffle? How absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Cliff does not have to be a prick for the sake of being a prick when Cyborg is talking to him. I get that later establish he's essentially coping but still.
    I was disappointed in Cliff since a lot of the time he does take on the role of team cheerleader and on top of that, he and Vic have this robo-brother kind of bond thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It was nice to see Kay get topside. My question about this is this: Kay is the OG but her mind is locked in at a 10yr old. A 10yr old then created all these other persona to cope, 64 of them. How does one do that when they are 10? The personalities were not done to her, right? Can Kay mentally "grow up" and if so does that reduce or eliminate the other personalities? Is that why they are upset with Jane for encouraging Kay? If Kay grows up and/or heals then what?
    Good questions. Did those personalities age while Kay didn't? It would be interesting to see what would happen to the others if Kay grew up.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Digital Tread article about the visual effects.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies...vfx-interview/

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I've just finished episode 3x03. This show is awesome, I love it so much.
    It's weird, crazy, fun but always solid. Is solid the charcterization, is solid the plot and the pace.
    Please give me more Garguax the Decimator! Eater of worlds! Annihilator of Zortain! raider of the seven galaxies of Cressida!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Dead Boy Detectives is spinning off Doom Patrol
    https://deadline.com/2021/09/dead-bo...er-1234827071/
    Yeah! Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Doom Patrol renewed for a 4th season

https://deadline.com/2021/10/doom-pa...234856832/amp/
    And this one is even better!
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 11-09-2021 at 03:38 AM.

Season 3 is finally starting in the UK on STARZPLAY from this Sunday, other UK Doom Patrol fans! (All five of you)