Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's not. The Doom Patrol episode of Titans is served as the backdoor pilot for this show. The costume design and Rita actress are the same.
    Showrunners confirmed that. There are several differences and incongruences. "Titans" is set in another continuity.

http://titanstv.net/the-doom-patrol-...ns-continuity/

Yeah, there's no way that was this Larry singing in the kitchen while cooking...

Retired

I haven't seen TITANS yet, but just based on everything I know from watching DOOM PATROL, I can believe that anything is possible.

So the Chief's girlfriend is definitely the show's version of Dorothy Spinner right? I don't know why they would create a visually similar character and have it not be Dorothy...

...wait I just ran across the theory that we have not seen Dorothy yet--Dorothy is going to turn out to be the Chief's daughter with, ummm, Primitive Lass! Huh...it's some good fan speculation at least.

Can I just say that I love this show? The Decreator/Dr Harrison episodes, the Underground episode and the Danny episode were all perfect comic book television.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, there's no way that was this Larry singing in the kitchen while cooking...
    It almost felt like the "Yin"/"Yang" element of what was going on in the "Titans" series was a bit of a joke there.

Seems like they decided afterwards that this series having it's own continuity was the right move.

BANNED

Episode 10 - named "Hair Patrol" - is just pure beauty. This is the most visionary and wonderful superhero TV series in history, to me it's truly the best.

Now, I have a very important question:

At the very end, does Mr. Nobody imply that:

spoilers:
    1- Niles created the Doom Patrol to defend Oyewah or defend his secrets, so they are "Caulder's pawns" and they are totally expendables to Niles?

OR

2- Niles created the Doom Patrol to save the world, but Oyewah is more important than them, and he's not going to reveal her location?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

THE TITANS UNIVERSE DOOM PATROL

1- Larry is happy, he loves cooking, he's very muscular and we don't see his powers (so they could be different).
    2- The Chief is different, he can walk and he's evil.
    3- The name of the city is Covington, not Cloverton, and the address of Doom Manor is "Danny Street".
    4- Gar Logan/Beast Boy exists.
    5- There's no Crazy Jane. She doesn't exist in this universe.
    6- There's no Cyborg. He doesn't exist in this universe.
    7- They have already named themselves "Doom Patrol".
    8- Elasti-Woman is obsessed by her past, watching her old movies all day. She has been closed in an asylum after she discovered her powers.
    9- Robotman has a slightly different body.
    10- The Doom Patrol does nothing.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 04-25-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Retired

Each week, when I see the intro, I pick up more details that relate to everything unfolding in the series. Perhaps by the end of the season all the clues will come together.

Even though none of the plot threads had anything to do with Rita in "Frances Patrol," I liked her character best in this one. You can tell that she's had a lot of character growth since her first outing.

If all the main characters reach some point of stability by the end, what would happen if there was a second season? I wonder if the nature of the series would change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Even though none of the plot threads had anything to do with Rita in "Frances Patrol," I liked her character best in this one. You can tell that she's had a lot of character growth since her first outing.

Too bad she doesn't use her powers at all in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Too bad she doesn't use her powers at all in the series.
    Yeah, I thought she'd end up helping out with Cliff's thing, but I guess we were never going to see that fight anyway. (although that one shot was pretty epic in a "Skarknado" kinda way )

Retired

Rita not using her powers is Rita using her powers. She's able to go to a bar and not turn into porridge--that's a big triumph for her and the first step toward her using her abilities in a controlled fashion.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

My heart goes out to Cliff. I really want him to talk with his daughter so he can take that first step of letting go of his emotional baggage.

I like seeing the villainous turn for grid. I didn't think it'll be more than an Easter egg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Rita not using her powers is Rita using her powers. She's able to go to a bar and not turn into porridge--that's a big triumph for her and the first step toward her using her abilities in a controlled fashion.
    Technically, you're right!

BANNED

Reformulating this:

Now, I have a very important question:

At the very end, does Mr. Nobody imply that:

1- Niles created the Doom Patrol to defend Oyewah or defend his secrets, so they are "Caulder's pawns" and they are totally expendables to Niles?

OR

2- Niles created the Doom Patrol to save the world, but Oyewah is more important than them, and he's not going to reveal her location?

Retired

Oh Karen, they don't know.