Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 09-12-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    YES!!!!! Would have sucked if we got left on a cliff hanger for the series lol Wonder who else will show up!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    F*** yes!!! Let the good times roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    YES!!!!! Would have sucked if we got left on a cliff hanger for the series lol Wonder who else will show up!
    I keep hoping for Monsieur Mallah and The Brain since they teased it in S1. And I'm always up for more A-V-M Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I keep hoping for Monsieur Mallah and The Brain since they teased it in S1. And I'm always up for more A-V-M Man.
    Hell yes. I would like to see the original Doom Patrol again too.

Incredible Member

Michelle Gomez Joins Season 3 as Madame Rouge

Michelle Gomez is seeing red: The Doctor Who vet is joining Doom Patrol as Madame Rouge.

The actress — whose recent TV work has included Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and The Flight Attendant — is boarding the HBO Max series’ upcoming third season as the eccentric villainess, who arrives at Doom Manor with a very specific mission (if only she could remember it). Gomez will be a series regular.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

One step closer to the brotherhood of evil. Yes please

Retired

I really hated Missy on DOCTOR WHO. Just couldn't stand her. Hopefully they make Michelle Gomez look and act so different that I won't be always be thinking of that awful character.

But wait, Madame Rouge is French. Why not cast a French actress to play a French woman? Also, despite the name, Madame Rouge in her classic appearances didn't wear red (mainly blue)--that's the gag. It's like Silver Sorceress not wearing silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I really hated Missy on DOCTOR WHO. Just couldn't stand her. Hopefully they make Michelle Gomez look and act so different that I won't be always be thinking of that awful character.

But wait, Madame Rouge is French. Why not cast a French actress to play a French woman? Also, despite the name, Madame Rouge in her classic appearances didn't wear red (mainly blue)--that's the gag. It's like Silver Sorceress not wearing silver.
    I wonder if she'll have an accent or just keep her natural British accent.

Doom Patrol Adds the Sisterhood of Dada and Dead Boy Detective Agency to Season 3

Comics fans will know the Brotherhood of Dada, a group of superpowered agents of mayhem (they’re not really evil, per se) who have clearly been renamed the Sisterhood of Dada even though they have the same members, because why the hell not? Here are the official cast and character descriptions:

“Micah Joe Parker will play Malcolm... He is a quiet, sensitive, and thoughtful soul who would often rather be invisible than face this unforgiving world.

“Wynn Everett will play Shelley Byron, a.k.a. The Fog... Supposedly a deadly terrorist, Shelley is charming, seductive, poetic, and a bit mad.

“Miles Mussenden will play Lloyd Jefferson a.k.a. Frenzy... A sculptor of strange life-like masks who is covered with tattoos and scars, the memories and injustices that immortalize his life, he is cryptic and stoic with a capacity for extreme devastation.

“Anita Kalathara will play Holly Mc Kenzie, a.k.a. Sleepwalk... A light-hearted ne’er do well, Holly knows where the best parties are. After a wild night of partying, she usually takes a nice long nap in the ice cream truck where she works, and if she is awoken mid-nap, there is hell to pay.

“Gina Hiraizumi will play Sachiko, a.k.a. The Quiz... She is an enigmatic germaphobe whose crippling phobias mask awe-inspiring powers.”
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/doom-patrol-...-de-1846751997

BANNED

Two questions about Season 2, which I have yet to see:

1- Could Niles and Dorothy be considered part of the team in S2? Basically, in the first season we got two teams:

The original team: Mento, Celsius, Lodestone.
    The new team: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman, Crazy Jane, Cyborg.

8 official members. I never considered the Chief as member of both the teams, he's the mentor.

2- Did they address that Crazy Jane/Kay met Niles far before 1977? That's because in one episode of Season 1, she said that she first encountered Niles "50 years before" (that would mean 1969 or so).
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-02-2021 at 10:29 AM.

There isn’t really a team. It’s not like a super squad or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    There isn’t really a team. It’s not like a super squad or something.
    Ehm, it's like saying that the X-Men are not a team, or the Guardians of the Galaxy are not a team. LOL.

The 1950s team was indeed a team, featured on newspapers as such.

The modern team is indeed a team AND a "family". They are a group of weird, super-powered individuals working together to save the world. As simple as that, LOL.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-02-2021 at 12:20 PM.