Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- At least some peoplein this show ages! Aside from wondering how the Chief doesn't age, how is it the DP have never wondered? (unless they already know)
    They already know. Chief took an immortality serum long time ago.

BANNED

Hell! Only 6 episodes released and I've already compiled a 3-page long timeline featuring all details and dates collected. Great.

So havent had chance to watch this yet. Just got the DC app. Young justice 12 episode arc of season 3 was great loved it. How does this compare to Titans? Because I have not been able to make it past episode 2 of Titans without falling asleep. I gave up and watched Death of superman and Reign of superman instead.(Death was amazing and made me dislike BvS more then before. Reign was just good but death I loved. Might be my favorite DC animated movie).

Anyway my question is how does this compare to Titans and do I have to watch titans to watch this? Because I don't know if I'm even bother trying to watch it again. First 2 episodes didnt interest me at all. Also any word on when we get the rest of season 3 for YJ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    They already know. Chief took an immortality serum long time ago.
    What episode was that explained in? I don't remember this being brought out.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I don't remember seeing that neither.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So havent had chance to watch this yet. Just got the DC app. Young justice 12 episode arc of season 3 was great loved it. How does this compare to Titans? Because I have not been able to make it past episode 2 of Titans without falling asleep. I gave up and watched Death of superman and Reign of superman instead.(Death was amazing and made me dislike BvS more then before. Reign was just good but death I loved. Might be my favorite DC animated movie).

Anyway my question is how does this compare to Titans and do I have to watch titans to watch this? Because I don't know if I'm even bother trying to watch it again. First 2 episodes didnt interest me at all. Also any word on when we get the rest of season 3 for YJ?
    I've never been a big DP comic fan but I love this show--right now the best superhero show on TV. Better than Titans.

You don't have to watch Titans to watch this--it's barely connected.

According to the tv creators, the Doom Patrol in Titans don't share continuity with the Doom Patrol in Doom Patrol.
    It's a nice diversion, but I'd consider it similar to an inter-company crossover.
    The episode has entirely no impact on the Doom Patrol show, itself.

And Dalton's not playing Chief, which wouldn't be bad... but the guy that does play him lays on the accent a bit too thick for my liking.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Not yet. We don't know anything about TV Caulder so far, just that he fought Von Fuchs in 1948 and that he formed the original Doom Patrol in the '50s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    According to the tv creators, the Doom Patrol in Titans don't share continuity with the Doom Patrol in Doom Patrol.
    It's a nice diversion, but I'd consider it similar to an inter-company crossover.
    The episode has entirely no impact on the Doom Patrol show, itself.

And Dalton's not playing Chief, which wouldn't be bad... but the guy that does play him lays on the accent a bit too thick for my liking.

Not even a "crossover", technically speaking.
    They are two alternate worlds. The Doom Patrol of the Titans world is not the Doom Patrol of the TV show.

Retired

Caulder seems to be a thief. He took something from Fuchs and/or Mr. Nobody. And Willoughby says he stole all this magic stuff that he has in Doom Manor--like the snow globe.

When I watch the show, I can't help but think of the Chief as being something like Sir Malcolm Murray, the character that Dalton played on PENNY DREADFUL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Caulder seems to be a thief. He took something from Fuchs and/or Mr. Nobody. And Willoughby says he stole all this magic stuff that he has in Doom Manor--like the snow globe.

When I watch the show, I can't help but think of the Chief as being something like Sir Malcolm Murray, the character that Dalton played on PENNY DREADFUL.

LMAO he stole the money that Morden gave to Von Fuchs.

Doom Patrol is as amazing as Titans is dreadful. In my opinion anyway. It beats Titans is every aspect, particularly but not limited to story and acting (which is no surprise if you look at the cast).
    Live true or lie well.

I agree about the comparison (though I don't think "Titans" is that bad), but I would chalk it up more to the writing - specifically, how they write the characters interacting. I realize the dynamic is different because most of the DP already know each other, but Cliff had never met Jane nor Cyborg and his dialogue with both of them just sizzle and pop!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree about the comparison (though I don't think "Titans" is that bad), but I would chalk it up more to the writing - specifically, how they write the characters interacting. I realize the dynamic is different because most of the DP already know each other, but Cliff had never met Jane nor Cyborg and his dialogue with both of them just sizzle and pop!
    Not only. Larry and Rita lived together for 6 decades, but they don't know anything about each other. And Niles... oh well, "secrets", like Arani said.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Not even a "crossover", technically speaking.
    They are two alternate worlds. The Doom Patrol of the Titans world is not the Doom Patrol of the TV show.
    I thought Titans and DP were in the same continuity. Now it makes sense why DP never referenced Titans and Beast Boy.