Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Doom Patrol is as amazing as Titans is dreadful. In my opinion anyway. It beats Titans is every aspect, particularly but not limited to story and acting (which is no surprise if you look at the cast).
    Ok good cause I find Titans to be next level bad. Now I only made it 2 episodes in maybe it picks up but honestly Hawk and Dove were the only likable things I saw. See episodes with Donna troy and Jason Todd in the title. Arr those episodes better at all once they get more characters together?

Good news is that if they'll give Titans a second season, then Doom Patrol will surely get a second season, also.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

The people who get Doom Patrol really get it. The people that don't get it, don't get it at all. When I watch some reaction/reviews I'm stunned how confused certain people are--when everything makes perfect sense to me. But then there are some people who really get it and bring such a deep level of understanding to the series that I'm wonder struck.

The question is how many of those folks that are in the loop subscribe to the DC Universe and is that enough to support the series for a second season? Frankly, the whole streaming service makes no economic sense to me--unless it will eventually be part of a larger Warner service.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The people who get Doom Patrol really get it. The people that don't get it, don't get it at all. When I watch some reaction/reviews I'm stunned how confused certain people are--when everything makes perfect sense to me. But then there are some people who really get it and bring such a deep level of understanding to the series that I'm wonder struck.

The question is how many of those folks that are in the loop subscribe to the DC Universe and is that enough to support the series for a second season? Frankly, the whole streaming service makes no economic sense to me--unless it will eventually be part of a larger Warner service.
    What's not to get? I have no intimate knowledge of the Doom Patrol and I can follow what's going on just fine. The weirdness of the show can be a turn off to some.

Retired

Since I easily follow the series, I don't understand why others don't get it. But we live in a distracted time, where people are often doing several other things while watching a show--so maybe those people aren't paying attention all the time and they miss stuff that would easily answer their questions. Regular TV series have a habit of repeating explanations over and over again through an episode, so even if you miss it once you will get it later. I was watching a reaction/review of "Paw Patrol" where the person totally missed the fact that Mr. Nobody was the one giving Jane the instructions to create the cult, thus this person thought that Mr. Nobody was totally unrelated to the plot of that episode. I realized that this person just wasn't paying attention.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Good news is that if they'll give Titans a second season, then Doom Patrol will surely get a second season, also.
    It doesn't matter to me. Even if "Doom Patrol" will stay a single 15-episode season, well, this is for me the best superhero show in history.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    I thought Titans and DP were in the same continuity. Now it makes sense why DP never referenced Titans and Beast Boy.
    Well:

1- In the Titans world, they are already called "Doom Patrol".
    2- In the Titans world, the city is called Covington, and not Cloverton.
    3- In the Titans world, Negative Man has different physique and upbeat behaviour. We don't see his powers.
    4- In the Titans world, Niles Caluder has different aspect and behaviour. He can walk.
    5- In the Titans world, there's a backstory to Beast Boy/Gar Logan that doesn't truly match with the DP TV series.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 03-28-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Titans is on Netflix outside of the US. It's actually labelled as a Netflix Original, which makes me believe the DC streaming service will never become available in the wider world. If that's actually the case, it's very likely Netflix (or other services) will distribute other DC originals internationally as well. Surely that should make the finances work.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well:

1- In the Titans world, they are already called "Doom Patrol".
    2- In the Titans world, the city is called Covington, and not Cloverton.
    3- In the Titans world, Negative Man has different physique and upbeat behaviour. We don't see his powers.
    4- In the Titans world, Niles Caluder has different aspect and behaviour. He can walk.
    5- In the Titans world, there's a backstory to Beast Boy/Gar Logan that doesn't truly match with the DP TV series.
    Chief is back in his wheelchair at the end of the Titans episode. Whatever Raven did to him crippled him again.

Negative Man was the cook for the team. He hasn't been in the kitchen once on this show.

Fever was the chief latest patient in the Titans episode. Nowhere to be seen in the series proper.

Since I easily follow the series, I don't understand why others don't get it. But we live in a distracted time, where people are often doing several other things while watching a show--so maybe those people aren't paying attention all the time and they miss stuff that would easily answer their questions. Regular TV series have a habit of repeating explanations over and over again through an episode, so even if you miss it once you will get it later. I was watching a reaction/review of "Paw Patrol" where the person totally missed the fact that Mr. Nobody was the one giving Jane the instructions to create the cult, thus this person thought that Mr. Nobody was totally unrelated to the plot of that episode. I realized that this person just wasn't paying attention.
    The great thing about a show being on a streaming service is if I miss anything I can always rewind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Titans is on Netflix outside of the US. It's actually labelled as a Netflix Original, which makes me believe the DC streaming service will never become available in the wider world. If that's actually the case, it's very likely Netflix (or other services) will distribute other DC originals internationally as well. Surely that should make the finances work.
    Jesus, I just hope they will re-launch 'Doom Patrol' on Netflix.

Retired

Yeah, I've just seen that DOOM PATROL will be airing on Space in Canada, starting April 2nd. So a lot of people that don't have the streaming service or Netflix will get to see it on cable.

BANNED

Yeah, I've just seen that DOOM PATROL will be airing on Space in Canada, starting April 2nd. So a lot of people that don't have the streaming service or Netflix will get to see it on cable.
    I'm confused.

Will "DOOM PATROL" be placed on NETFLIX either in USA and in international markets within months???

Astonishing Member

It's not meant to make money, it's going to lose money (as everything will out of the gate) in order to try and draw eyeballs and new subscriptions onto the service. Basically whether or not it's renewed will be based on the series buzz and reviews.

The comics news rags had Doom Patrol already renewed for Season 2 and starting filming in June.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I'm confused.

Will "DOOM PATROL" be placed on NETFLIX either in USA and in international markets within months???
    The DC shows air on Netflix for international markets.