Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom Patrol

For a show that's given us a lot to cringe at, the Beard Hunter almost made me wretch, that scene was so disgusting....

BANNED

Nothing to cringe at, the show is 100% amazing and unique.

Retired

That scene with Beard Hunter made me want to wretch. It's funny what things get to us. All the violence and gore I can take, but this I had to look away.

Dare I say, this show improved on Morrison's notion of the Beard Hunter. I hope this wasn't the end of him.

Great to see some background on Niles. Was this based on the comics? I don't recall his ladyfriend from anything. This was not what I was expecting - it actually was kinda touching. Any chance this will lead to a version of Dorothy Spinner? I want to hear more about the Bureau of Oddities now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That scene with Beard Hunter made me want to wretch. It's funny what things get to us. All the violence and gore I can take, but this I had to look away.
    I think it depends on which of us have actually snaked out a drain before...

I'm really glad they recasted Niles instead of using the guy from Titans. I know in the comics spoilers:
    it turns out the Chief is a villain
    end of spoilers but in Titans it seemed way too obvious this guy was secretly evil. Dalton made him more enigmatic.

Well the Beard Hunter was appropriately disgusting. Perhaps too much so.

That ending was... confusing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Dare I say, this show improved on Morrison's notion of the Beard Hunter. I hope this wasn't the end of him.

Great to see some background on Niles. Was this based on the comics? I don't recall his ladyfriend from anything. This was not what I was expecting - it actually was kinda touching. Any chance this will lead to a version of Dorothy Spinner? I want to hear more about the Bureau of Oddities now...
    I don't recall anything from the comics.
    The woodswoman story struck me as something that would've been in My Greatest Adventure before Doom Patrol. It had just the right amount of adventure, exploration and 'Ripley's Believe it or Not' that was a staple of the weird adventure stories of the '50s.

And... that would be a great way to bring in Dorothy. As a kind of Wild Child with ties to Niles' years as an explorer.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well the Beard Hunter was appropriately disgusting. Perhaps too much so.

That ending was... confusing for me.
    And to think... I was worried that they were going to get too detailed and graphic with Jane's abuse.
    Or that they may slip and show too much gore.
    spoilers:
    And it's a beard slushie. Lol.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The Chief dummy at the end reminded me of the Chief during the old Doom Patrol episode that greeted Joshua in the hall.
    Right now, my suspicion is that Beard Hunter is meeting a fate that Mr. Nobody had planned for the heroes.

I was also afraid at the end that the hunter guy had already killed the woodswoman.

And I suspect the muscle man missing from the comic ad will be Flex..
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-20-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Judging from what Niles partner said, the Bureau of Oddies became the Bureau of Normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Judging from what Niles partner said, the Bureau of Oddies became the Bureau of Normalcy.
    That's how I understood it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Oh yes - I got that. I just meant that I want to hear/see more stories or adventures about the Bureau before they changed.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I would like to see a flashback episode where Beast Boy first meet the Doom Patrol. I don't remember how old Gar said he was when he meet the team, but they could cast a younger actor so Ryan Potter won't be overworked.

Thank you for your time and patience for my small weird opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I would like to see a flashback episode where Beast Boy first meet the Doom Patrol. I don't remember how old Gar said he was when he meet the team, but they could cast a younger actor so Ryan Potter won't be overworked.

Thank you for your time and patience for my small weird opinion.
    'Titans' is set in a different continuity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    'Titans' is set in a different continuity.
    It's not. The Doom Patrol episode of Titans is served as the backdoor pilot for this show. The costume design and Rita actress are the same.